Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Faction Sourcebooks

Started by wargame_insomniac, July 25, 2011, 10:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wargame_insomniac

Hi

I know GW did the Thorian Sourcebook. I have just downloiaded the Istvaanian and Recongregator Sourcebooks from Dark Magenta- had a quick flick though these and will print them off to read thoroughly.

Are there any plans to do any more of these Sourcebooks? I would love to see one for Xanthite and Amlathian factions.

Thanks

James

Heroka Vendile

There is definitely an Amalathian one that's been in the works for a while now and last I heard was pretty far on.

I think someone was possibly doing stuff for a Monodominant one too? I forget. It's been a while since there was any public conversation on the projects.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

The delays in the Amalathian Sourcebook are basically all my fault.

To explain to the uninitiated, I nominated myself to help with the cover art, but over the course of it all my graphics tablet broke, my grandmother died and then my laptop's GPU roasted itself all over again - a problem that is still unfixed (although I am trying - I hate computer companies) and I haven't got another computer with the guts to run Photoshop with a file that big (despite having external backups).

Sorry, I've been an arse. I let myself get over the top in what I was doing, attempted something that would have been a lot of work for a better artist than myself, let it drift in and out of my priorities, and then got held up several times by real life.

What started out as a plan to do something like this (in a sort of "graphic novel" style), started to turn into a fully painted piece that looked more like this - and that's only part of one of the five characters in the scene, and isn't near complete. That's not even counting the huge Inquisitorial fortress that formed the background.

In hindsight, it was way too much for someone who can barely paint a model without ruining it to achieve in any sane time-scale.

I'll start on a pen and paper piece more in the vein of the Recongregator cover tomorrow. It won't crash, I won't be able to go overboard on the size or detail, and it won't have an internet connection to distract me. You should have something that will do the job in a few days. Sorry about the totally unwarranted delays.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

wargame_insomniac

No need to apologise- I appreciate the work that you are putting into it. Hopefully it will help if you know other are patiently looking forward to it.

Thanks very much

James

Macabre

I believe the monodominant sourcebook *was* being handled by Shard (who hasn't been around for a while now).
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

biggreengribbly

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on July 26, 2011, 12:55:02 AMit was way too much for someone who can barely paint a model without ruining it to achieve in any sane time-scale.

Which one of us could blame a fellow hobbyist for biting off more than he could chew on a project? ;) Props on what you got done so far on the-cover-that-was-not-to-be regardless. Your hand with the graphics tablet is as impressive as it is with the sculpting tool.