Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Dread

Started by Tessio Niri, August 08, 2011, 06:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like it's sitting a little high on the legs to me (I'd expect it to look a little more squat). However, you can nevertheless colour me impressed.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

It looks great, I think that the legs might look a bit too tall but there are still the armour plates that will cover the lower part of them and it stands straith, which is unlike the leg position of the 40k dreadnought.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

biggreengribbly

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on December 21, 2011, 11:55:58 PMsimply a Dreadnought made vast by the powers of chaos...

MAKE MY DREADNOUGHT GROOOOOW!

...sorry, couldn't resist

Nevermore2010

Bloody Amazing. Can't put my finger on what it is about the legs, maybe when the shin armour is on it will look right.
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

Tessio Niri

Hi all

another update for everyone. Think I managed to get the leg sorted now. With the addition of the armour plates it seems to put everything into proportion. Next job on my list is cabling/piping and to finish the head which I'm starting to bulk up and add detail.

C&C always welcome.

Regards T
"There is but one God and his name is the Omnissiah. How his hunger extinguishes that light of the stars." Magos Belion Tygrosa

Ancelyn

That... is... beautiful  :-*
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Ynek

Very impressive indeed.

This has really been a labour of love. The level of detail is excellent, and the craftsmanship is second to none.
You have a lot of be proud about here.

Although, the real test of skill is going to be the paintjob. Although paint is the most superficial part of any model, it is also something that can really liven up a detailed model such as this. On the other hand, a poor paintjob can do the exact opposite.

In short, the work so far is amazing. Keep it up. :P
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Dolnikan

It looks marvellous. All the detail is lovely and I can;t wait to see more.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Tessio Niri

Thanks for all the encouragement so far. As to painting, I'm a little out of practice so you might have to wait a while. Thought I'd post the most recent work I've made to the head, which I'm pretty happy with so far.

Plus as a bonus I've added some runes to the Sarcophagus armour.

Regards T
"There is but one God and his name is the Omnissiah. How his hunger extinguishes that light of the stars." Magos Belion Tygrosa

Dolnikan

It all looks very good, the runes really add to the body. The head looks very fitting for the dread, and a bit scary as well.

TheNephew

Holy cow.
Progress report?

Tessio Niri

As requested by TheNephew - Slowly painting away - Enjoy.

Thanks for all the comment so far. C&C always welcome.

Regards T.

Dolnikan

It is magnificent and menacing. A beautiful model.

Draco Ferox

*insane gibbering*

I like the colour scheme you've chosen. The edges seem quite dark, and this is good. I've seen many a black legion arm with bright edging, and it doesn't look right. This looks nice and gritty. And it blew my mind.

*more insane gibbering*
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Ancelyn

8) Looking good... in an evil Chaos kinda way! Coooooooooooool paint job   ;D
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake