Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's INQ28

Started by Molotov, August 01, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Sabotage!

Banner's paint job looks fantastic, the tattoo in particular is very well done and looks astonishing!

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

got to agree, very crisp lines on the tattoo
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Molotov

Hey guys, the newest model is a Chrono-Gladiator based off Gav Thorpe's "Mechsimus Oilrelius" model.

INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Inquisitor Dionzi

I agree with Blackstar - Syles Tem and Adorno turned out really nice!
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Myriad

Nice chronogladiator.  It's got a great ragged look to it, really seems like some poor sap thrown into the arena.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Dolnikan

The gladiator is great, he looks like some lower-end gladiator just forced to fight the horrors thrown at him.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Molotov

Thanks for the comments, guys. They are indeed appreciated.

(Dionzi - I think you've only seen the first page!)
- precinctomega

Molotov

So, I've been unwittingly roped into playing a game of INQ28 at Warhammer World on Saturday, June 11th against a member of the Ammobunker going by the name of Tychonaut. It's in aid of the annual Ammobunker AmmoBash.

The board features a downed Necrontyr vessel, but I'm conveniently ignoring it. Our game is likely to take place on the 4' x 2' section in the lower left of that picture, which incorporates a base camp and a mine-workings/archaeological dig, which I think is a great place for two Inquisitors to clash:

The game, which has been titled "Nine-Tenths of the Lore" will feature Inquisitor Adorno going up against a radical of the Ordo Xenos as they battle for control of the dig site.

In aid of it, I've put up an INQ28 Reference Sheet, which has the distances in inches rather than yards. It's something I've been planning for a while to speed our games up, so whilst we're playtesting Adorno, we'll also be playtesting the reference sheet!
- precinctomega

Dolnikan

That's a nice board for inq28. I really have to build more scenery.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

FoxPhoenix135

That reference sheet is a gem! I almost missed it...

Molotov

Thanks! It's still not 100% foolproof, I need to refine it, but any feedback you have is welcome. Trying to fit a rulebook into two pages is difficult enough, plus trying to convert it into inches is difficult...
- precinctomega

Molotov

So, this Saturday I went to Warhammer World to play a game of INQ28 against Tychnaut, from the Ammobunker.

The game featured Inquisitor Adorno fighting against Inquisitor Atraxis of the Ordo Xenos over the posession of an archaeological dig-site. The board was created by the Ammobunker team and was very cool.

Here's the game in progress:

It went very well, but I think people were a bit confused by the sight of eight models on a six-by-four board! Still, Tycho and I had a whale of a time, and there was lots of drama.

I've also managed to get my models off Steve, so here's a few pics of some of them:

In other news, please check out my latest blog entry for some exciting news regarding Dan Abnett!
- precinctomega

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Molotov on June 15, 2011, 04:50:23 PMIt went very well, but I think people were a bit confused by the sight of eight models on a six-by-four board!
Not that surprising. Inq28 is less immediately obviously a game of Inquisitor.

QuoteStill, Tycho and I had a whale of a time, and there was lots of drama.
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Hopefully there were some thrilling heroics.

One off topic question though... I think this is your second trip to play Inq28 at WHW. Any chance of ever seeing you there with some of those 54mm models you were working on?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Molotov

Rather a while since I've updated, but I've been working on a few figures today and wanted to put them up:

Some progress on the Creepy Psyker from Adorno's retinue. This guy is going well, so far - I just need to tidy up the GS. I got a set of five clay shapers for Christmas, so this just a case of patience and care - still, he's pretty much there, and I'm happy with how he's going.

The Praetorian Sergeant I showed a while ago is now complete, thanks to PDH's care package. He sent me the Baneblade Commander's sabre that I was looking for. Thankfully, it was an easier job than I expected to cut it off the Commander's hand and fit it to a Cadian Sergeant Chainsword hand. I've had to GS the sleeve to make it a bit thicker to accept the plastic hand convincingly, and I might just need to touch up the cuff of the revolver hand to make it look okay.

Another new figure that I've been working on today is this:

Obviously, it's based on the Khorne Lord conversion done by Doghouse, though I've begun to move away in my own direction based on the bits I had to hand. I've really enjoyed working with Finecast on this figure, and the potential of the material has really been revealed to me. I'm still fiddling around with it, but I anticipate this model will become a Monodominant Inquisitor, my version of Tyrus. Though he won't (quite) be in power armour, his armour is likely to be powered, and he has quite the nasty bionic left hook. Still a lot of work to do on it, but I'm really enjoying the opportunity to play around with a conversion again.

- precinctomega