Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's INQ28

Started by Molotov, August 01, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

Molotov

We're full steam ahead, getting ready for our next INQ28 game (which should be taking place this weekend on Saturday!)

Today we assembled the buildings we've spent the past month or so making, and here's what we've got thus far:

We've spent this evening putting the finishing touches to the building and then starting to paint them. Hopefully we'll be ready by Saturday!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Brother_Brimstone

Very nice - reminds me of the towns that you see in Westerns. Could make for some very cinematic shootouts.

Molotov

Thanks! We were actually quite heavily inspired by the "favela" levels in the recently-released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. One of my group's been slapping some paint on today, and we've currently got this:

INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Brother_Brimstone

I like the addition of the runways and little walls etc... Makes it seem much more 3D in an interactive sort of way. I have respect for anyone who can create good terrain for WH. At the moment, i'm trying to create some Necromunda / Hiveworld Inquisitor terrain, and it's a lot more difficult to get it to look good than I thought it would be.

Molotov

Things have been a little quiet here. I've got a few pictures I can put up:

I'm in the middle of trying to type up the latest battle report in our campaign, but it's slow going - here's the pictures I've taken which I'll put up and hopefully you can get some enjoyment out of them!

(L-R) Salem "Slim" Rios, Inquisitor Alaric Balthier, Ishmael Castor

The retinue of Interrogator Ra'ef Venris

Some shots on the scenery we played on (we may touch it up as we continue to use it)

I also have some progress on Inquisitor Hoth. He was last seen like this:

He's currently looking like this:

Still WIP, but hopefully it shows the progression of the idea...
- precinctomega

Myriad

Like the coat - really starting to build some personality into the model.

The scenery looks a pretty good game environment, and it makes a change to see a suburb being shot up rather than a beaten down section of underhive, which even the inquisition doesn't care about.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

RobSkib

As a huge scenery fan, I'm dead impressed by this setup. If only there was something this awe-inspiring at 54mm scale, we should team up some time over summer ;)

Quick question, who made those posters? I suck at photoshop, and it would be great if you could upload the files, little touches like that give the whole thing a whole lot of atmosphere. You should consider getting some more random scatter terrain, like crates, boxes, ammo dumps, explosive barrels, things like that.

Oh yes, and I LOVE the washing line :D
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

O_o

awsome  little neighborhood  there molotov   

all you need  now  is  some  boxes, crates and barrels  to  fill in  some  of the  empty space so as to  have something to  hide behind  and  throw about 

Molotov

Hey, apologies for the ridiculously late reply.

Rob - You might have found an answer by now, but they're official GW posters released during the Cityfight era - I found them again on Warseer via this link.

Here's the current Progress on Hoth - Steve and I wanted to make him very "Eisenhornian" because we both love the model, and our conversion was inspired by it.

- precinctomega

RobSkib

Cheers molotov! I'd been looking for those for donkeys, nobody linked me to them :( Keep up the good work! I wanna see more of that board :P
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

kierkegaard

Quote from: RobSkib on May 30, 2010, 08:56:52 PM
I'd been looking for those for donkeys

What the hell are you talking about? ???

Molotov - Hoth's staff is fantastic. How did you do the metal?

I am looking forward to seeing that model finished

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: kierkegaard on May 31, 2010, 07:54:59 PMWhat the hell are you talking about?
Contraction of "Donkey's years", a generic term meaning "a long time".
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

The metal looks like Shining Gold mixed with a little Boltgun metal and washed with Devlan Mud.

R.

Molotov

Quote from: kierkegaard on May 31, 2010, 07:54:59 PM
Molotov - Hoth's staff is fantastic. How did you do the metal?

I am looking forward to seeing that model finished

I asked Steve (who painted it - I was merely responsible for the conversion) and he said:

QuoteBasecoat was tin bitz, with a heavy drybrush of brazen brass over the top. I kept adding mithril silver to brass for a few drybrushed highlights until I got to pure mithril. After that it had 3 washes of gryphonne sepia, followed by another light drybrush of mithril. Another coat of sepia followed by a thin wash of thraka green finished it off.

He's also sent along these pics:

- precinctomega