Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's INQ28

Started by Molotov, August 01, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Cade

I thought Judges were very important within the Arbites, more likely to lead a patrol than be the grunts, or am I mistaken?
*Insert token witticism*

Molotov

I guess that depends... when I get home tonight from work I'll check my Dark Heresy books, but in the 1997 copy of Battles in the Underhive that I have (which includes the rules for Arbites in Necromunda) the patrol teams consist of four Judges led by a Proctor. It's possible that the ranking system has changed in subsequent retcons, though.

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Heroka Vendile

the DH Arbitrator career path is:
Trooper, Enforcer, Regulator, Investigator, Arbitrator, Proctor/Intelligencer, Marshal/Magistrate, Lord Marshal/Justicar

I'm guessing you intend this as a squad of Troopers or Enforcers, probably lead by a Regulator, Investigator or Arbitrator
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Inquisitor Cade

Hang on, so where do judges fit in?
*Insert token witticism*

precinctomega

*Puts Arbites helmet on* *Engages power gavel*

The term "judge" fulfils many functions within the Adeptus Arbites, which is by no means an homogenous organization, showing wide organizational variation throughout the Imperium.

The best-known use is as a generic term for a member of the Arbites: to this extent, all Arbitrators are Judges.

Another is as a local term for planetary enforcers.  This is a dialectic matter that varies from world to world.

A third use is to describe members of the Arbites' legal branch: those who exercise legal judgements in the courtrooms as opposed to the street patrols, which are staffed by "Arbitrators".

The only official use of the term within the Arbites itself as an honorific is when applied to the very highest rank within the Adeptus.  The judges in this respect are masters of imperial law within a given domain (usually a sector or sub-sector in scale, at least) and wield personal power on a scale almost without equal in the Imperium.

(Various sources, including Confrontation, Necromunda, Citadel Journal (several issues) and Matt Farrer's Calpurnia novels)

R.

Molotov

A bit of a digression today - I found this model on my desk and it fell beneath my knife! It's the Escher with Heavy Plasma Gun with the Heavy stubber from the other Escher Heavy. I then started working on changing the Heavy Stubber into a flamer; it struck me as something an Inquisitorial henchman might carry.

The model is quite heavily blu-tacked, so bear with the unsightly bend in the flamer! The plastic nozzle on the flamer will go to a fuel tank on her back.

INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

precinctomega

Do you have any idea how much that mini was worth on eBay before you chopped the plasmagun off?  :o ;D

R.

Molotov

Honestly, no - but then that doesn't usually stop me!

With that said, though - the plasma gun is a seperate part, and I used the Heavy Stubber component from this model...
- precinctomega

Simeon Blackstar

This makes me nostalgic for frying Delaques, Redemptionists, Scavvies and Spyrers with my own HPG Escher, or gunning them down with the 'autocannon-converted-from-a-Terminator-assault-cannon".  :(

Happy days.  I'll hve to dig them out and redo them someday.

The flamer end looks a bit chunky - how about trying an old-style one like the leader here: http://us.geocities.com/rob_jedi/Escher.html

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: precinctomega on October 19, 2009, 08:14:49 PM
Do you have any idea how much that mini was worth on eBay before you chopped the plasmagun off?  :o ;D

R.

£30?! holy dooley! looking at some of these, I'm gonna haveto find out my collection!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

O_o

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on October 20, 2009, 09:13:25 PM

£30?! holy dooley! looking at some of these, I'm gonna haveto find out my collection!

many  Ebay auctions  now days are tending to  over value there  Games Workshop stuff
you will find  these items  relisted for  weeks on  end  with  NO one  buying them 

catferret

Quote from: O_o on October 20, 2009, 10:42:47 PM
Quote from: greenstuff_gav on October 20, 2009, 09:13:25 PM

many  Ebay auctions  now days are tending to  over value there  Games Workshop stuff
you will find  these items  relisted for  weeks on  end  with  NO one  buying them 

Not the Escher Heavy with plasma gun.  They always sell.  Prices range from £20-35 on all the ones I watch.  Basically, any Necromunda or Mordheim model that doesn't come in one of the box sets is now reasonably valuable as people want some model variation but can't get it from GW.  Escher sell better than the rest being female models of course. 

Simeon Blackstar

I'd have thought Escher would have been one of the most popular choice to do next in plastics to go with the new Orlocks and Goliaths, rivalling Van Saar.  If GW get around to redoing them well, the old ones might depreciate a bit.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Simeon Blackstar on October 21, 2009, 04:27:31 PM
I'd have thought Escher would have been one of the most popular choice to do next in plastics to go with the new Orlocks and Goliaths, rivalling Van Saar.  If GW get around to redoing them well, the old ones might depreciate a bit.

Umm... the Orlocks and Goliaths are metal.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Simeon Blackstar

Really?  Damn, they missed a trick there.  Plastic would have been far better.  It's more easily convertable for one, which is a staple for Necromunda, and what with rising metal prices would probably have been more economical to produce.  I'm disappointed, I thought they were shifting most things to plastic.