Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Astropath

Started by Van Helser, August 30, 2011, 02:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Afternoon all.  Today I present to you the latest in my phoenix-like return to painting, the Astropath.

Originally, I was planning to have this fellow as one of the sample characters for The Sanctioning Brand but like all my other modelling projects fell by the wayside when my shoulder was at its worst.  He's down now though:

Underneath all the ProCreate and foil, there are a pair of Cherubael's legs, and these are attached to Malicant's torso, with the arms from the Tau Water Caste and head from Toothpick Murke.  The hands are from Necromunda figures.  Murke's head had the bandana filed off and some sort of port plugged in at the back instead, and he had his eyes drilled out to show the effects of the Soul Binding.

I also used some transfers from the Sisters of Battle sheet to tart up his parchment as my freehand isn't up to scratch (thanks Robey for the suggestion).

Ruaridh

(EDIT: and if anyone's interested, you can see the character profile here, along with somewhere to discuss the Dark Magenta article).

Flinty

What! no comments? dear, dear, must still be the holiday season...

Excellent job there - I've been trying to find the SOB transfer sheet for exactly the same reason (the bitz sites seem to be permenantly out of stock, dammit) and its nice to see that they scale perfectly. The water caste arms/robes add to the look nicely, and suggest (to me anyway) someone who fights with more than mundane weaponry and therefore can afford a sartorial flourish.

Along with the very interesting DM article, you have encourgaed me try and flesh out my Psyker, and assuming I can get my finger out, I will definately be fielding one at the forthcoming Conclave.   
Neanderthal and Proud!

axiom

Very nice indeed. The work on the robes over the lower legs came off very well - I didn't realise they weren't a stock set of legs until you mentioned Cherubael underneath!

Any chance of a rear view?

Van Helser

So, I have one person dusting off a psyker - my plan is working perfectly, mwahahahaha!

The transfer sheet is very useful.  I think mine came with a Penitent Engine I bought years ago for a servitor conversion that joined the queue of projects that have never quite came to be.  eBay may be worth a look for a sheet.

Axiom, there's a link to the rear view underneath the photo, as well a close up look at the face and its empty eye-sockets. 

Ruaridh

axiom

Quote from: Van Helser on September 01, 2011, 10:53:34 AM
Axiom, there's a link to the rear view underneath the photo, as well a close up look at the face and its empty eye-sockets.

Of course there is - can't believe I missed it first time round! Thanks :)

MrMasochist

Hes great. I love the slim feeling the smaller necromunda hands give, really shows the slight nature of him and how frail he is. i cant wait till he makes a space marine drop his weapons with pure will only to be punched in the face for like 15 damage... man space marines are op...

anyway - great job  - nothing to critique really. Maybe another layer in the skin tone to give it more depth like the robes (but that may be the camera washing it out...)

MrMasochist
To live in such times is to be one of untold billions...