Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

University of Manchester RPG Soc. 27/9/11

Started by Adlan, September 29, 2011, 01:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

So, after a year away working in industry, and not doing much =][= stuff, I have returned to manchester, and brought all my inquisitor war-bands with me. The chap signing me up for the RPG society at freshers fair had actually read my article on inquisitorial acolytes, and somehow I ended up running an introductory Inquisitor game for the society.

I think I'm now wargaming sec as well, but it was a long night.

I did snap some Photo's. I didn't have time to jot down a careful record of the battle, but then, it was people using all my models, just showing up, me giving them the sheet and a briefing on what's going on. Which was pretty much a scenario on the fly.

The game in full flow.

I split the game into two sections. It started off with everyone running round gathering clues.

Then I brought out my surprise. And yes, there was evil laughter.

tech priestess Ethel was the first to uncover all her clues, and so discovered the alien spores they were investigating were tyranids. By some lucky fluke she survived their jaws, and escaped to bring word that the failing cooling plant was
caused by Xeno's and the whole area must be sterilised.

Of course, also trespassing on the site were agents of the Redemption.

And an Inquisitor. Who managed to fry both his own mind, and his opponents with his force staff.

And not just classical rippers, but spinerippers, and indeed, even flying rippers descended.

And ate the face of the redemptionist's lacky.

In this scenario, I hadn't played for quite a while, so my own grasp on the rules was shaky. But it was fun and not just fun for me I hope. I'll be running a game next week as well, and hopefully get some people on the conclave, and start a campaign.

Seraphim

Thank god you introduced me to Inquisitor, much adventures, japes and melting of guardsmen happened over the past two weeks, In the above one-off I was the techno-Viking-priest who, despite victory, sadly did not get to display his signature ability.
Tonight the said melting of guardsmen occurred, however I will not speak any more as an incentive for Adlan to write up the last two meetings.
Hey everyone I guess , Tschuss!
Loading: Cognition, Sapience, Sentience.

Mordenkenain

I was Ethel, who despite not firing a single shot with her custom plasma blaster, forfeiting the cyber roo at the start of the game, and having a recently arrived ripper gnaw on her foot, managed to get off the board intact.

All in all, a good game
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

seiterarch

And I died... I'd like to say that fortunate Wells went out with a bang, but it was more of a bloody mess...

Mordenkenain

yeah... rippers gnawing on your entrails is never going to be prescribed by your doctor
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit