Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A new Acolyte to the conclave (few pics!)

Started by Helmgard, June 29, 2012, 11:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helmgard

Greeting one and all, I'm a long term games workshop geek, that has spent far to much money in that god for saken place, I've played every game from 40k to man o'war but have never given inquisitor a go!

I love the models and have had quite a collection of them, I've just finished my latest creation tonight, which I'm rather pleased with!

But I've got in total a collection of about 20 odd painted characters, a few from ebay but most done by me a good few years ago now

For just a few.

What I'd like to know if there is anyone in the local area who plays/ has played and wouldn't mind having a little trail campaign with me, over the past I've got 1 to 8 of the extermanitus magazines and both annuals, plus a copy of the The Cirian Legacy, so got all the rules and things that I'd need to play, just no opponent!

MarcoSkoll

First things first:

Welcome to the Conclave!

Second things second...

There's some solid stuff in there. I've always liked Reaper's Belladonna - never got around to buying her though.

If you're looking to find local players, it would help to know where "local" is - I've gone through your post a couple of times and can't find anything, and you've not yet set a forum location.
In any case, check out the "Where does everyone live" thread pinned at the top of this forum section. Not sure how many of the people on it are still active, but it's the best start.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Helmgard

Ah yeah, local.. not saying where I am, it does help! Surrey, around the Dorking/Riegate area!

Most of the older ones I'm going to give a touch up on, as it was just flat colours on them, so they are a bit shoddy!

MarcoSkoll

Checking the Batchgeo map, it looks like we've not got any members in the region south of London, but there are a few occasionally active London members, and it wouldn't be impossible for me to make that distance.

You should also consider the possibility of our events up at Warhammer World up in Nottingham. It is a way from down there, but no further than I have to travel when I take the route down into Euston and back up from St Pancras.

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

Those are some very nice models, it's always good to see new people with such skills come here.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Helmgard

thanks for the nice comment!
For the summer event, that you mentioned, I had a quick look through, what does it actually involve, a full weekend of inq? what do you need to bring? Does it cost anything?

I've been updating my old models, now got 2 more up to (for me) a pretty good standard! Pleased with the update to the demon hunter! I need to actually write down some characters now though.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Helmgard on July 01, 2012, 08:46:32 PMWhat does it actually involve, a full weekend of inq? what do you need to bring? Does it cost anything?
Just the Saturday, normally. The idea of full weekend events have been considered, but given the journeys a lot of people have to make (including from Scotland) that wouldn't be plausible to do the night before a workday and the much lesser public transport on Sundays, it's not yet happened.

You just need to bring models and appropriate play paraphernalia, and there's no entry cost normally associated (other than for the GT in March, which is normally £10/12 depending on when you pay). Do however remember that Bugman's has the normal rules about only eating their food on premises. So either bring money (but Bugman's is actually pretty reasonably priced) or be prepared to eat outside.

GW's =I= articles