Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Striking Scorpion by Ramnok

Started by Ramnok, October 18, 2011, 02:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramnok

I am kinda confused of what to do for her back side, I could extend the backpack a bit up to her shoulders..

She is a Striking Scorpion who's passed through the years and has aquired many new artifacts from several rogue traders, her most important, the Scorpion's Sting.. her powerfist was specially modified to allow for a Shuriken pistol to be attached Other then that she carries the standard equipment for an eldar. She is only one in a long line of eldar who have gathered to stand against an Imperium that has run rampant with corruption and is determined to exterminate what they do not understand.

I plan on doing a Harlequin (maybe a dark eldar.. depends if I can come up with a goal that both of them need to band together for...) and Farseer (or Spirit Seer)

Van Helser

I think taking the backpack up to the shoulders would be a good idea.  I always envisaged Striking Scorpions as bulkier than your average Eldar - hulking shoulders should do the trick!

Ramnok

good idea... I had forgotten about the shoulder portion.. I was thinking of making an all female eldar warband so that is why my striking scorpion is female. The other models that could work for eldar are female too cept the ranger.

Think I should bulk up the "stinger" portion on the head or does it work well enough now?

Ramnok

Update! I've sculpted the general back area, will expand the hips a bit as well.. she is shaping up great!

Ramnok

Update! She is shaping up nicely Will test the legs, see if it is worthy of extending to make it a bit in line with the torso...

Ramnok

More additions to come, here's a teaser

Ramnok

phil-o-mat

she looks really good!
but you should take some close-ups (like the first pics). and use a more neutral background (1 or 2 sheets of white paper should do the trick) and indirect lighting.

hope this helps,
phil

Ramnok

TY it was with my new android camera phone so I wanted to test it out, works great, will definately get some more shots for you guys when she's finished painting, I was thinking of adding a grenade belt to her hip or attached to her leg, any thoughts?

The grenades would be freehand

Brother_Brimstone

While the progress on this model is great, I think at the moment the armour looks a bit flat. I definitely think you should give the armour more interest. If you look at some pictures of the striking scorpians, you see that their armour is covered in little nodes, bands and other raised pieces. I think modelling the on would be relatively simple, and would do a lot to make the model look less like a model and more like an actual warrior.  It's always important to strike that middle ground between too minimalist and overly-complex, but i think this model could do with a bit more going on on some of those flat surfaces.

Still, good work so far, keep it up.

Ramnok

Thought of that too... I will be adding a grenade and some extra details to the armor, I didn't want to make her overly showy but I guess she does have more in her...

Ramnok

Another update!

With suggestions, here's some detail, after I will do touchups and make it all nice and perty

Inquisitor Dionzi

Just saw this, but the pics are broken :(
SKYFALL MINIATURES