Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Aidan - 'Turus the Techno-Heretic (and company)

Started by Aidan, September 04, 2009, 04:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aidan

To round off my posts for today, the last single 'group' of models the conclave have yet to see,  is that of 'Turus Shrike. The characters were devised by a friend of mine, and the models are owned by him, but the conversion and painting - and some of the designs - are all done by me.

- - - - -

I like good guys who are enemies to the Imperium, so 'Turus Shrike is my kind of guy. He'd barely been inducted into the lowest teirs of the Adeptus Mechanicus before he went renegade - it's a long story, and I didn't write it, so I won't tell it either. But now he's convince -rightly or wrongly- that the riutalisation and fear if technology is holding humanity back, and is a 'criminal' opposed to both  the archaic Adeptus Mechanicus and the renegade, C'tan-serving Diturian and his ilk. Is he likely to ever change anything? No. But that doesn't mean the fight's not worthwhile.

A pretty simple conversion of the Judge. He has a fairly un-obtrusive bionic eye and bionic augmentation on his legs and left arm, which gives him the strength for the Verhoeven-movie pose he's in.

- - - - -

Arth Belin, An old buddy of his from the Adeptus Mechanicus, who's brain has been partially replaced with a computer. He's still capable of independent reasoning -  is in fact very good at it - but does not possess a real 'imagination'.

Never been particularly happy with this one, but maybe that's just an artists' egoism speaking, since my friend waved away my suggestions for changing it. He is in a rather strange pose, though, isn't he?

- - - - -

'Ed'... An educated, upper-middle class fellow who was on the way up until he fell afoul of the wrong people. Now he's a chrono-gladiator, battling at Shrike's side - and battling against the slow degenration of his brain - in the hopes that he can someday find a way to disarm his kill clock.

This one was fun to paint. I've always liked the Devlan model, since it lends itself to the use of colour without looking garish (though that can be done, too). You can't see on this photo, but the holsters have been converted into pouches holding stimms, with tubes connecting them to his back.

- - - - -

Okay, this one is all my invention. Elize Andierre used to be a battle sister (A Sister Sabine, so she has a personality!) in the ill-fated company of Inqusitor Schardren, who had a brief alliance with Shrike in his last, doomed attempt to destroy Magos Diturian. Shardren has been destroyed, but Elize now accompanies Turus' band to complete her former master's work, and adds a certain amount of piety and loyalty to the Emperor that might otherwise be lacking.

It's amazing how long it took me to work out that the Daemon Huntress model could be made much less 'static' with a minimum of change - the first incarnation of Sister Andierre was really quite ridiculous, standing rigidly and blasting away to her side with a bolt pistol. Now, with arms from the enforcer and a repostioned leg, she's much better in my opinion.

My only gripe is her feet, which could be better, but I'm only just getting the hang of sculpting them, and model-designers' bizarre insistence on giving women high-heels makes this skill mandatory.

- - - - -

That'll be all for now. There's more I've yet to show, but I'd rather not antagonise everyone by flooding the board with my own topics. Cheers,

-Aidan.

Dust King

Nice job on Shrike, the new pose is definitely more dynamic. Same with Elize, the pose definately looks more natural than the usual demonhuntress model. Great job.

Heroka Vendile

Ed and Elize are very good uses of the enforcer helmets; and just generally good models  :)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Inquisitor Liss

;DI really like the Demon Huntress conversion. Great work :D