Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Tech Guard

Started by Van Helser, December 19, 2011, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

In order to progress onto some new builds, I have told myself that I must finish the multitude of models I have built over the last year.  As I want to get a new warband together for the IGT I am about to enter a painting frenzy!

Here then is as yet nameless tech guard model:

He'll serve as a faceless mook for someone or other I'm sure!

Ruaridh

Dolnikan

He does look very good, his face has an unnatural look which I think fits for a tech guard.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Ynek

Nice job on the hazard stripes! And is that a self-sculpted head I see?
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Van Helser

Thanks fellas.

The head is a self sculpt. I wanted a real fusion of man and machine and built the respirator directly into his face. I don't know how he drinks from the canteen on his belt though!

Ruaridh

DapperAnarchist

Either the canteen actually contains oil for the respirator, or he has a stomach port...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Heroka Vendile

nice stuff as always Ruaridh. I like the matrix-style MIU port.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

kierkegaard

I hate to be rude, but the head looks a bit big, and the mouth filter has the appearance of some sort of 40K dummy, giving the model the look of a giant baby!

Other than that, it is very cool. I also love the hazard stripes - very neat job. And a neat job too on replacing the lasgun with the boltgun.

Van Helser

Well, I imagine he was vat grown, so probably is only a year old... The mechanicus pacify their babies with respirator shaped dummies!

The head probably is a bit oversized. It's a problem I've been trying to counter with all the heads I've been sculpting. Need to keep to the proportions!

Ruaridh

Necris

I like him

Would look creepier if he had a set of goggle lenses over his eyes

(A little bit of the mummy monster from Dr Who)
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Stormgrad

i don't know if the respirator  looks like a dummy so much as it looks like a babies head i mean babies heads are abit over sized and bald