Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Summer Conclave 2012 - 15th September - Kaede Mack Conspiracy

Started by RobSkib, January 16, 2012, 12:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Yeah, lets just book some slots so they're in the calendar and we can figure out exactly who is running each of them closer to the time.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Well, if they'll let us do that, what are we thinking? Eight tables a go?

I guess that's enough for even if we do run a dual event - guessing from our regular attendance and Mol's INQvitational guestlist, I think that could be about mid-twenties on player count, and that would work fine. We wouldn't get quite as much free choice about tables as normal, but it would work. (We probably wouldn't need to hand as many of the tables back as normal, either!)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Yeah, 6-8 tables should be plenty - we'd probably want 8 for the dual-scale event.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Mike Blake

Sorry - but is this at GW Intergalatic HQ in Nottingham?

MarcoSkoll

Most of our events are indeed at Warhammer World. Or as we sometimes call it, the Inquisitorial Fortress on Tigguo Cobauc. (An archaic name for Nottingham.)

GW's =I= articles

Brother_Brimstone

If it -is- in September, then provided I don't have any internships, I'd be up for this. If it's on a free-play weekend before September, I won't be able to play, as I'll be teaching in China from late June to late August.

My first Conclave event not using Zophar.... Very exciting. I can use this as motivation to paint a group of those Russian WIPs I keep building and then not painting... One of them could easily be a Kaede Mack.

JoelMcKickass

Hopefully i could attend this one. I'm working on a couple of projects at the minute, mostly to give myself a break from painting Marines. And i would be interested in heading down to one. Actually playing a game of Inquisitor would be interesting.

MarcoSkoll

Anything going on with this? If this is still going ahead, I think it would benefit from the date in the title, so it looks less like a speculative thread.

Assuming this is going ahead, I'll get around to revamping Marco's warband. The models are two and half years old (for the ones I've even finished) and quite aside from improving the sculpts and paintjobs, I'd like to see what I can do if I go back and update their character designs.

GW's =I= articles

Bloodpact

*Reply put in wrong thread... Too many event threads!*
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

MarcoSkoll

GW's =I= articles

almundis

Assuming this is all greenlit, would it be possible to show up with a couple of 'freelance' assassins and be incorperated into someone elses warband? only I lack the money and resources to do much other than pimp out the severina and sevora models by sept. Also I have only been to WHW once for a GW ticketed event, do you need to pay to go in or anything like that? and if so how much?

MarcoSkoll

I'm not sure quite what you mean by that. A "team" game kind of thing probably wouldn't work so well, but people are usually willing to lend out models if you're short.

As for money, most of our events are free of charge and will likely remain so. Only the IGT has an entry fee (normally £10/12), but that's not usually a big deal compared to travel costs.

GW's =I= articles

almundis

Less of a tea`m-up aspect, more wanting to RP cut-throat mercenaries...

Also, probably being pretty premature here, but what sort of time do these things go on until? Just because i think the journey time from cornwall to nottingham is like 6/8 hours.... I do hate living down the arse end of the country sometimes...

Bloodpact

To be fair mate, 2 assassins is more than enough to form a warband, and played sensibly and properly, can be a really characterful and dangerous warband!
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: almundis on June 28, 2012, 08:44:53 PMAlso, probably being pretty premature here, but what sort of time do these things go on until?
About six o'clock, normally.

But that does bring up another point. If this is going ahead, anyone available to hang around into the evening? I had a good time doing that after the INQvitational, so I'm very much open to running or playing another game when the day proper is wrapped up.

GW's =I= articles