Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Project: Clear the Desk

Started by Alyster Wick, January 17, 2012, 04:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on February 12, 2012, 04:08:27 AM
The Pyremaster is looking good too... Is he carrying around a lamppost?

Short answer? Yes.

Dolnikan

Navigators are not actually soulbound like psykers are. They are born with their talents and trained by their navigator houses.

The purestrain looks very good and alien. The lamppost looks intriguing, I wonder how it will look when finished and painted, but I guess it will be very good.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Quote from: Dolnikan on February 12, 2012, 03:29:24 PM
Navigators are not actually soulbound like psykers are. They are born with their talents and trained by their navigator houses.

Psykers aren't soulbound either, unless they're Astropaths.

I should probably point out as well that while the Navigator's third eye lets them do some incredibly freaky things, they're not bona fide psykers. There's probably some weird technological reason for whatever you're trying to do though.

DapperAnarchist

Ooooh, some particularly sinister Archaeotech would be a good explanation - Navigators are among the richest families in the Galaxy, challenged only by a few Rogue Traders and perhaps some particular corrupt Terran Dynasties including Masters of the Administratum and Ecclesiarchs.

However, my point was that even if Navigators don't naturally have telekinetic powers, a Shrouded or Renegade House might experiment with transgenic psychic powers to move themselves ahead, and try and regain their position.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Dolnikan

The navigator houses also suffer from mutatation. This navigator could be slightly telekinetic due to one of his many mutations, not all of them are mere deformities. Contact with the warp would do all sorts of things to a 'human' body.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Alyster Wick

Okay, archeotech and mutation (perhaps of the more benign variety) along with a healthy dose of sadism/insanity due to inbreeding. I like that direction for the Navigator. After all, they can afford to be a little crazy...

Anyway, more quick updates. I have to save, of everything I've put together so far I may be most pleased with the following model (daemonhost). It really came together exactly as I had it in my head. Obviously lots of GS work to go but it did exactly what I wanted.

And here are two very early shots of my Skitari General (he's going to be rather large, around SM size). I'm debating whether to give him Artemis's bolter or a chainsword and implanted gun of some kind.

front --- side view

Dolnikan

The daemonhost is very cool, the wings fit it very well.
For the skitarius general I would go for an implanted weapon, to me that just seems more like the skitarii, they are heavily augmented after all.

Koval

From where did you get the wings?

Alyster Wick

Quote from: Dolnikan on February 13, 2012, 07:33:29 AM
The daemonhost is very cool, the wings fit it very well.
For the skitarius general I would go for an implanted weapon, to me that just seems more like the skitarii, they are heavily augmented after all.

Leaning towards that, I'll see what I can get done tonight.

Quote from: Koval on February 13, 2012, 05:26:34 PM
From where did you get the wings?

The Vargeist (sp?) pack. The wings really scale well, the only complaint I have is that one of the models is very awkwardly posed so that it appears to have two right wings (literally I can't tell them apart). It's a really bummer as I have a few projects I'd like to use the wings for and the way they are modeled is really beyond repair IMO. As a whole it was a very worth while purchase though, lots of mutant/daemon/hive scum bits.

DapperAnarchist

Those Vargheist wings are indeed lovely... in an appropriate sense, of course. What is the head? And for the General, while the arms would indeed be bionic, I don't think that automatically means implanted... Though Implant weapons are great...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Alyster Wick

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on February 14, 2012, 06:26:27 PM
Those Vargheist wings are indeed lovely... in an appropriate sense, of course. What is the head? And for the General, while the arms would indeed be bionic, I don't think that automatically means implanted... Though Implant weapons are great...

Since I've opted for the chainsword 100% he'll definitely get a nasty implant weapon.

As for the daemonshost's head, it's one of the "vents" from the old pewter CSM Daemon Prince. I've been wanting to test it out for a while and it just scales perfectly. Still not sure what I'll do with the other.

Alyster Wick

Okay, double posting but there are models so I assume no one will care.

I was waiting until the Amalathian Sourcebook came out since I was trying to get the following models put in but only one got finished in time. So here are my Decreeist and a WIP of the Sychophant (I just realized I don't have a shot of him completely assembled. He eventually got a plasma gun on his right arm and an additional speaker on his left).

Dolnikan

Both models are good and are original.

I really like how the decreeist holds the sheet and his pistol. It makes him seem like he is speeching while still being threatening.

Alyster Wick

I've mostly been focused on making models and fell behind pic taking (and subsequently there's a lot more I got done but as I took these when the clave died for a few days I'll wait a bit before I take more pics).

First up is the board we played our first game of the campaign on (after about five years I finally got a group together, woo hoo!):

Early stages of Inquisitrix Abraxa. I'm planning on using her as a test pseudo-armature. I'll be trying to build up some armor on her with GS:

back

So my Rogue Trader is taking a bit different shape than I expected. He may end up as the deck master rather than the RT, I just have to scrape the parts together for the boss. I'm planning to make him a bit of a techno-phile and he'll be getting a mechandrite with an armor-cutting close-proximity laser.

back

I'm particularly proud of this next piece (though he's still incredibly WIP) but he will be the primary candidate to succeed the recently assassinated Fabricator General in the campaign we're playing. I forget what the name is for these guys but his little friend will be hooked up via a nasty-looking umbilical cord to strain all the impurities from what's left of his organic bits.

side view

little friend

other side

On a different note: Just to give you an idea of what the large praetorian will carry

Here's an early mockup of a servitor that I'm stealing from Kaled. His right arm is good to go (it may look a little awkward but the concept I'm going for is to make it function as though he were holding a chainsword so it's attached where his hand would be if it weren't hardwired on). The left is just a placeholder, I'm going to cut off a lot of it and add on a smaller tyranid weapon along with injectors to help keep the alien appendage in check (again, blatantly stealing from Kaled, all credit to him).

I do think there's a lot of mileage to be gotten out of armored nob bodies though in terms of servitors or more primitive power armor. Definitely watch for more of these here!

side view

This is just a ganger, but I really really like how he came out. Probably going to co-opt him for my namesake's warband as he'd fit in well.

Right

Left

Here's Hunter-Killer Yang (a sort-of Mechanicus Commando). The Devastator arms and weapons scaled amazingly well. Considering how much I hate the base model (even though I have 2 more of them for some damn reason) I'm surprisingly attached to this conversion.

Left

Artsy view

Here are a couple shots of "The Battle Sister with the Emperor Tattoo": Front***Side

Some of you may remember my Pain Thief dark eldar mini. I didn't hate his old backpack but it just wasn't Dark Eldar enough. This one is much more to my liking. And another view.

Here's an Inquisitor whose background is TBD but I'm thinking he will be a kind of psychic warrior-monk. Not sure how to handle the Eldar sword. I could say it's a standard force-sword but I feel like it's a waste of what is obviously an eldar piece of kit.

Alternate view

I'm trying to do more sculpting so here are the preliminary armatures on a couple pieces I'm working on. Here's the Heretic Jesse Lincoln. Going for a cowboy motif (Jonah Hex-ish), going to try sculpting him a hat and he'll have a big gun. I originally wanted it to be a huge revolver but I think it's a little big for that. Also I have no idea what I'm doing with this.

And finally here is my pseudo bloodletter. For people that follow these types of things some may remember daemonic models I've created being a part of the pantheon of The Seduced (daemonic entities who went over to Slaanesh after the fall; it generally didn't go well for them). This particular bloodletter was a skilled executioner and vain swordsmen. As punishment for his traitorous ways Khorne tore his right arm from its socket and mangled his picturesque face.

Side view

Side scale view

Another scale view

Dolnikan

Congratulations with finding a group!

The models look very good so far, of course they are still WIP but from the pictures it is already possible to get an idea of what they will be like. Yang looks great, it is easy to see why you're already attached to him, his parts fit together very well. You could make the inquisitor a xenos radical who managed to get his hands on a nice eldar sword, perhaps even a witchblade. After ears of studying it he could have worked out a bit about how it works, but he never yet found out everything about it.