Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Amalathian Sourcebook

Started by Kaled, January 24, 2012, 08:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Evening all,

It's been a long time in the works, but the Amalathian Sourcebook has finally been released.  The Amalathian Sourcebook is the latest in a line of sourcebooks that started with Gav Thorpe's Thorian sourcebook and was continued with the Recongregator and Istvaanian books published by Dark Magenta. This book continues in a similar vein to the previous ones, this time delving into the history and background of the Amalathian philosophy – a faction of the Inquisition dedicated to maintaining the status-quo and to preserving the Imperium so that the Emperor's grand plan for humanity can run its course.

The sourcebook is available to download from Dark Magenta (http://www.darkmagenta.co.uk/).

We hope you enjoy reading it.  Any and all comments gratefully received.

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Saussure

Other people are posting announcements too quickly for my over-worked fingers!

I was about to let you all know about this wonderful new Sourcebook over at Dark Magenta, but Dave's beaten me to it. Suffice to say, it's a wonderful piece of work by all the authors, and is filled with some gorgeous 54mm models. There's even a few famous Conclave faces within the pages of the Character Section.

Download it as soon as you can, one and all - you'll be glad you did!

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Draco Ferox

Yay! Where's the emoticon for jumping up and down with joy?
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Macabre

According to the DM website, the source book was released this time last year...

The boss is slipping ;D
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Kaled

Probably meant it should have been released this time last year!

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Macabre on January 24, 2012, 10:11:11 PM
According to the DM website, the source book was released this time last year...

nonsense ;)
curse this decimal-based orbital measuring system!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Saussure

Quote from: Macabre on January 24, 2012, 10:11:11 PM

The boss is slipping ;D

Rubbish! The Machine Spirit is incapable of error...  ;)

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Ancelyn

Wow! An amazing piece of work and the cover art is stunning. Great job. Each new source book is an imrovement on the previous. Big thumbs up ;D
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Dolnikan

It's a beautiful piece of art. Very informartive and really great models.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaled

Quote from: Ancelyn on January 25, 2012, 02:50:18 AM
the cover art is stunning.
Thanks should go to lord.dubu for the cover art (you can visit his gallery at lord-dubu.deviantart.com). For a while the pictures of my models that's now on the back cover looked like it would be the front cover, but fortunately lord.dubu allowed us to us his artwork which looks a lot nicer. :)

Heroka Vendile

Great stuff guys, I know you've been working on this one in the background literally for years.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Ancelyn

Cheers Dave for the link. What a talent. Once again, great work! Love the neon-ish lettering. It shouldn't work... but it does. The stories are great. Only half way through it, but enjoying it greatly.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

That's helped me with the alignment of Octavian Lars, thanks!
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Kaled

I guess the big question is anyone going to step forward and write one for the Monodominants or Xanthites? There have been a few attempts to get them off the ground and it'd be cool to have a whole set. And if anyone does fancy writing the next one then I'd be happy to contribute or help in any way I can.

At one time I was tempted to turn the AdMech article I wrote for DM into one chapter of a Mechanicus Sourcebook - but I never had ideas for enough material to really fill out the whole book. I do think it'd be great to have such a thing though... The same goes for Rogue Traders and a few other groups as well.

Draco Ferox

BURN THE WITCH! BURN THE XENOS! BURN THE HERETIC! BURN THE UNBELIEVER! BURN THOSE WHO DISAGREE!

Well, that's the monodominant book sorted....
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.