Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Magenta Needs You!

Started by Saussure, January 24, 2012, 08:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saussure

Dear all,

As we are forced to do from time-to-time, Dark Magenta is asking for your help!

Our pipeline of potential articles is running pretty dry, and we need some more authors to step forward with their ideas and suggestions for potential content. I know that there are some of you in the community that have considered writing for Dark Magenta in the past but, for one reason or another, have never got round to actually submitting something for consideration. Well, now's the time to think again!

We're looking for modelling and painting articles, battle reports, new background and fan fiction, opinion pieces, original and inventive scenarios - you'll find us very open to your suggestions, if you'd like to make them.

Drop me a PM if you've got a kernel of an idea, and we'll take it from there.

D.

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

When I get some more work done on my fanfic for Octavian Lars, would you host it?
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

DapperAnarchist

Would there be an interest in mini-Sourcebooks, for minor factions? Only about the length of a normal article, a short background section, perhaps one or two sample characters, and three to four new skills or wargear items? I've got some stuff written up already...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Ynek

What sort of mini-sourcebooks are you thinking, Dapper?

Something along the lines of a "Carthax sector" sourcebook, detailing the major worlds, organisations and special equipment found there?

Or were you thinking more along the lines of Adeptus Mechanicus, rogue trader, hive ganger and/or alien creature mini sourcebooks?
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Kaled

Articles on minor factions or specific archetypes sound like a great idea to me.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

I could write a sub article for the adjoining Velterax Sub sector (not the entire sector)
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

DapperAnarchist

The one I've been working on would be similar to the Thorian, Amalathian, etc ones already produced, but about minor factions, the little quirky oddities that lurk on the edge of the intellectual world of the Inquisition. There wouldn't be much in the way of sub-factions, as these are smaller than many of the sub-factions of the larger groups. I've been working on one based on an old piece of fluff about an Inquisitor Mendoza who executed 50 Black Templars for Witchcraft and Treason, and I have an idea for one based on a group of Inquisitors who think the Imperium is inevitably doomed. I've also got a plan for a 28mm warband of the Mendozan group, but that may have to wait.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Kaled

I should preface this by saying that this is a personal opinion, and not DM policy...

I'd rather not see articles that are too specific to one player's warbands. For example, someone suggested an article on Inquisitor Marco Skoll - to me that's really of little interest. But if it was an article on the Ordo or faction that Marco belongs to, including background, equipment, new abilities etc and included Marco as a sample character, then that'd be a whole lot more interesting to me. The same goes for fan fiction - in itself I'm not interested, but I do like to see fiction as part of a larger article.

That all said, I'd rather see more articles than we have now, and if the price is that some are articles I'm not all that interested in then that's a price I'm willing go pay...

MarcoSkoll

I wouldn't want to do an article specifically on Marco myself, either. It'd come across as too big headed to me.

He's not a great choice for a sample character either - while he doesn't define his own views, those around him generally think of him as Amalathian (the sourcebook now being done) and his Ordo is unofficial (although essentially the same idea as Andy Hoare's Ordo Redactor, and I often consider it's just two names for the same/related factions. Appropriate for an Ordo of lies, misinformation and secret keeping).

I really must finish up some of the half complete ideas for articles I have - there's the rules for servitor programming, as well as something I wrote on mental aids and tricks to help get into character. Too many ideas, too little time.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

One thing I would like to see are some Inq28 articles - maybe a battle report or a modelling showcase would be good...

Dolnikan

I was thinking about something about drugs and poisons, if I learn to take pictures I could also try for an inq28 battle report someday. Then there is also my little project about animals.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaled

I haven't looked, but has anyone done a podcast or YouTube video that's an intro / how to play for Inquisitor?

Could be a good project for someone...

Keravin

Quote from: Kaled on January 26, 2012, 07:07:36 PM
One thing I would like to see are some Inq28 articles - maybe a battle report or a modelling showcase would be good...

Might be able to look at something as there's some games planned for March as part of Ammobunker bash.

MarcoSkoll

If I make it to the Ammobunker OpenBash, I'd be quite content to invest some extra time in one of the games so that it could be written up as an Inq28 Battle Report.

On that note, I do still have the half complete article on the pros and cons of the two different scales. It was being written for Carthax (and is delayed while I do "more Inq28 research"), but there's no huge reason that it couldn't grace Dark Magenta instead if it was polished up with some pretty pictures.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

I'm mid-process of writing a small article about the Mack Conglomerate, but its tricky to know where to draw the line about informing the reader and making it interesting, but also withholding enough information for it to still be a surprise at the summer 'Clave.

Would people prefer something more general about the Conglomerate as a whole, or perhaps include some spicy tidbits and specifics relevant to the summer Clave?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.