Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Terrain Question

Started by Alyster Wick, January 28, 2012, 05:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

Quote from: Flinty on February 06, 2012, 01:36:01 PM
Very nice, and good to see how many sprues/bits you actually get in the Manufactorum box. Although I am quite intrigued as to how much inspiration came from the glass of purple stuff, presumably out of the bottle with a chicken on it... I take it that's not a '62 Margaux?

2 Manufactorum boxes actually (so as not to raise expectations). The "purple stuff" did provide a decent amount of inspiration, can't recall the name. Unfortunately the fiance threw the bottles out because I wasn't quick enough to requisition them for further terrain usage.

Quote from: RobSkib on February 06, 2012, 06:21:01 PM
Excellent stuff! I'm a massive Terrainophile and have a particular soft spot for well-made terrain - this is definitely on its way to being something of epic proportions!

Seeing as you've picked up some Manufacturum sprues as well (a great move btw), you should definitely work on City of Death-ifying the larger expanses of flat plastic you have presently. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, as you've presented signs of doing this already. Don't stop here! Those sprues come with hundreds of little gubbins - bulkheads, support pieces, gargoyles, lamps etc, that would all work brilliantly on the large pipes and buildings you have currently.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I am indeed continuing to continue adding bitz to the "plainer" looking buildings.

The corkboard suggestion is inspired as well, I've been looking for a good material to build walls with and that should be a nice cheap way to mass produce those pieces.