Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Sargoth

Might be worth giving me a glimpse of what Goruvich is up to as Sonneillon is going to look for him soon.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Koval

Probably painting the pavement a pleasant shade of red. He went east from where the Thunderhawk came down so my guess is he's taking a leisurely stroll along the river, merrily introducing people to his daemonsword as he goes.

Any use to you?

Inquisitor Sargoth

Yup, thank you.

EDIT: Aaaaand postage. Probably needs a clean up but there's some nice bits in there. I imagine Goruvich is going to be a) confused b) tight-lipped and c) violent. Probably in that order.

Koval

I imagine very similar things. :P

Shame it's Tuesday, as Tuesday is always my annoying horrible torture-day that leads into a nightmare week. Nonetheless, thank you for another well-written post, and I'll get some kind of response together on Friday evening.

Inquisitor Sargoth

Cheers. I'm getting a LOT of pleasure from how craven Volos is and the religious theme that Sonneillon brings with him to everything. The deicide of Demeter,  the prayer of Coveton... it's really shaping up nicely. I'm wondering if I might even take him in a few unexpected directions...

Koval

Not forgetting this! Still got one more day of teaching before the Easter break. Can aim for three-times-weekly updates (if not even more frequently) over Easter.

Dolnikan

I am waiting for inspiration of any kind to strike me, at the moment I just am completely exhausted.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Happens to me. Go and have a drink or two and come back to it once you've had time to relax. You'll feel better for it.

EDIT: Would've posted by now but I know Sargy's preparing something cool and I want to give Marco a chance to recover from the IGT (well done mate). I've got a flashback post in the pipes but now's actually a really awkward time to post it in terms of currently unfolding action-scenes.

Koval

double

Just want to check, who's waiting for whom? Is anyone waiting for me?

Inquisitor Sargoth

I didn't want to double post, but have done so for the sake of movement.

Koval

Cool beans. I'll get somethin up a bit later.

EDIT: Now taking bets on who actually ended up in the river. Apologies for the extremely unsubtle joke.

Agares likes Sonneillon. He doesn't like Goruvich, but then again nobody likes Goruvich. Agares is probably quite chuffed that even in sword-form, Sonneillon thinks he fights better than Goruvich does.

There is reason in the Ancient's madness, by the way.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on March 29, 2012, 06:48:52 PMI want to give Marco a chance to recover from the IGT (well done mate).
I am now back on the move with working on the plot I've got.

I've got an idea, but before I drop it into the story and someone thinks it's a stupid idea I've pulled from my backside, would anyone object to Riley using some of the anti-telepathic techniques she knows to stave off some of the concussion's effects, at least for short periods of time? After all, you could imagine that such techniques are often to do with gathering and focusing the mind, not un-useful traits here.

She's been written a lot more out of the story with her blow to the head (which I imagine Steren will eventually fix more permanently, but the two are not anywhere near each other right now) than I expected, so I think at least some excuse for marginal competence is needed.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Sargoth

A gripe  -how does Goruvich know Sonneillon is blind? He's been wearing his helmet - his relatively clumsy swipes might betray his sightlessness, but with his armour and helm he doesn't look or even move like he's blind. Also Sonnillon tastes brick dust at one point...

I assume this unsubtle joke is the 300 reference?

Koval

Quote from: Inquisitor Sargoth on April 04, 2012, 06:13:11 AM
A gripe  -how does Goruvich know Sonneillon is blind? He's been wearing his helmet - his relatively clumsy swipes might betray his sightlessness, but with his armour and helm he doesn't look or even move like he's blind.
Honestly, I thought Agares had said something to Goruvich in one of our posts, but I'll fix it as apparently that wasn't the case. (EDIT: A surprisingly easy fix.)
QuoteAlso Sonnillon tastes brick dust at one point...
Doh, oversight. The brick dust thing was purely because I couldn't properly describe the Ancient as bursting through the wall, owing to Sonneillon being unable to see it. Although that leaves me wondering how else to show how the Ancient got there. (EDIT: Deleted the brick dust thing, although now the broken wall thing has a potential ambiguity in it. Still trying to work out how to resolve this in such a way that Sonneillon knows it's happened, without describing the sight or apparently taste of it.)

QuoteI assume this unsubtle joke is the 300 reference?
Which either went exactly as you'd expect, or backfired, depending on who fell in the river (you know who did but others don't)

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on April 04, 2012, 03:21:21 AM
Quote from: Koval on March 29, 2012, 06:48:52 PMI want to give Marco a chance to recover from the IGT (well done mate).
I am now back on the move with working on the plot I've got.

I've got an idea, but before I drop it into the story and someone thinks it's a stupid idea I've pulled from my backside, would anyone object to Riley using some of the anti-telepathic techniques she knows to stave off some of the concussion's effects, at least for short periods of time? After all, you could imagine that such techniques are often to do with gathering and focusing the mind, not un-useful traits here.

She's been written a lot more out of the story with her blow to the head (which I imagine Steren will eventually fix more permanently, but the two are not anywhere near each other right now) than I expected, so I think at least some excuse for marginal competence is needed.
Go for it. I didn't intend to write her out of the story as severely as that (in fact all I'd intended was for Haines to knock her down -- the concussion was your own addition which I think we just rolled with as it made sense), but until Riley and Steren meet up again, anything's going to help.

I'd imagine the effects have diminished sufficiently for it to work, anyway.

Koval

double

Another piece from three years ago. Not my best work ever but I've a fair bit on my mind right now. Hopefully it'll prompt a question or two.