Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

So now we not only have a world eater to deal with, but a daemonically possessed one, this is going to hurt.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

On the plus side, it does mean we don't have to treat Goruvich as a Scrappy anymore.

Dolnikan

That is a big plus.

I posted uptwo short bits in one. Both pieces were too short to stand alone. I apologize for the bad language, reading scientific papers all day does that to me.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Quote from: Dolnikan on April 18, 2012, 08:40:14 PM
I apologize for the bad language, reading scientific papers all day does that to me.
I also end up in a similar position every so often... At least the Edit button's there if you feel you want to tweak stuff.

The bigger question now is whether Nogal's telling the truth about Iota living on borrowed time.

MarcoSkoll

That's rather what I'm wondering, given that there's a decent chance Iota will meet Steren at some point, for whom such things would be laid pretty bare.

Not that she'd necessarily be benevolent enough to fix it. She's spent most of her life being privy to all sorts of thoughts, emotions and health, so she's become very jaded to other people's problems. She's got to like you or need you before she starts bothering to deal with your problems.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

Iota won't become very old, the many changes as well as the loads of injected chemicals are taking their toll, but Nogal is lying about how bad it is and the cause. Iota has been trained to mask her thoughts, her master is quite paranoid after all, especially because some of his rivals are known to use telepaths. Unfortunately Iota's problems cannot be dealt with in a psychic way, her basic genetic makeup is the problem.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Dolnikan on April 18, 2012, 09:59:06 PMIota has been trained to mask her thoughts, her master is quite paranoid after all, especially because some of his rivals are known to use telepaths.
I'm taking the basic view that most of the main characters will have some telepathic resistance, be it through training, personal psychic talent, partially mechanical minds or just being too damn tainted. As I'm not an omniscient author, that's more or less how it has to be.

However, Steren would know such things through her biomancy, rather than her telepathy.

QuoteUnfortunately Iota's problems cannot be dealt with in a psychic way, her basic genetic makeup is the problem.
I wouldn't say that messing with genetics was beyond Steren. However, like I said, she almost certainly wouldn't.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I just left teacher-training today.

Excuse me while I explore the inside of this beer bottle... not sure I'll be in any state to post...

EDIT: Owing to the above, I'm currently undergoing a spot of creative burn-out. I'm still in the game, mind you, but I think I need a little bit more time before my next update.

MarcoSkoll

I too have to apologise for my lack of creativity. The ideas are in my head, but the words aren't.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I recommend a few more drinks...

MarcoSkoll

I don't normally drink (at all - for like the last decade), so I have so little alcohol resistance that trying to solve creativity issues with booze would probably result in a post like "Scramplflumf wu gyt, prendel varn pe voo - wendin zenx patl mott. Lorem ipsum."

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Koval

Update: I'm still having ideas...

...for during Days 2 and 3.

While I'm practically overflowing with creative juices* for events after Night 1**, I'm still wondering how to move onto that stuff. Damn you, brain, think harder!

*For the record, creative juice tastes suspiciously like beer...
**Don't worry, this won't turn into Majora's Mask, although the temptation was disturbingly strong.

MarcoSkoll

Finally, Marco finishes the update needed so Koval could get on with things.

Sorry about the delay. I had a bit of a run in last week with real life, and I had to keep telling myself off for thinking about unimportant things. Problem was that after real life was over, I couldn't shake the guilty feeling that I wasn't allowed to be writing things, which made it really difficult to focus on writing. (Which, at the best of times, I'm a bit picky about.)

But I went off and drew some stuff (yay, Infinity!), which managed to get the mental cogs turning again.

I may contribute some Riley side story soon. I need to write someone a bit more upbeat - that would ideally be Gala, but Darkness and Light went on hiatus, so Riley is a good substitute (given how much Gala borrowed from the then-sidelined Riley).

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I really timed that PM badly

Cheers for the update, Marco. Reading it now. Being as it's a bank holiday I reckon I can get an update of my own out later today.

EDIT: I'm now very curious as to what that blob of gory stuff was. Being as I woke up only half an hour ago, though, I'm probably missing something obvious.

EDIT THE SECOND: In which I need to edit an edit to correct crappy grammar.