Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

E-mail newsletter?

Started by Kaled, February 21, 2012, 05:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

I was thinking more about the e-mail Gav sent out for the IGT and it strikes me that it would be a good idea to do that a bit more regularly to keep people up-to-date with events, DM releases and so on. Obviously there'd need to be an option to opt-out (don't want to keep annoying Charax), but it could be a useful way of keeping people informed about what's going on.

Thoughts?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Molotov

It's another way to ensure cohesiveness within the Inquisitor community; I think it's a good idea. Just don't send out three every time you want to send out one... ;)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

MarcoSkoll

Provided it's more polished than our first attempt, it has my vote, given its seeming success so far.

It'd be really great to be able to boost event attendance from the mid-teens we had last year up into the twenties.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i suppose next time i'll hit the Send button and wait an hour or two to see what happens  :-[

there is an option to Turn Off Emails, but i overrode  that for the IGT announcement(s)  :-\
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Dolnikan

A newsletter seems like a good idea, I think that it would help people being kept closer to the community.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaled

Okay, assuming there are no objections then I'll have a look at putting something together to send out in a couple of weeks time.  It'll probably cover the IGT and the Amalathian Sourcebook for starters. I'll set a reminder to repeat the exercise each month. If anyone knows of anything else they think should be included then please send me a PM.

Or if anyone else wants to volunteer to take on the job then that would be good too - especially anyone who could put together a fancy looking HTML newsletter...

Gav - if I, or some other willing volunteer, sends it to you, can you distribute it again?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

not a problem.. with Saussures' blessing, of course! 

HTML is fine, as is plain text
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on February 21, 2012, 07:35:10 PMIf anyone knows of anything else they think should be included then please send me a PM.
Rather than PMing it, I'll drop it here so people know it's been said:

Perhaps DM's appeal for articles, as well as seeing if we can get people to pitch in dates for the Summer Conclave. You could also include your Introduction leaflet.

I don't know if Mol will want his INQvitational hyped, but I think he's pretty much all booked up for that anyway.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles