Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

My Warband.

Started by MEHughes, March 18, 2012, 03:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwi

Kaled makes a good point. There are shuch things as Archeotech Laspistols (Link: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Archeotech_Laspistol) but I don't think that a mear agent would have one of those! Though perhaps she is a colector of old weapons or maybe said lass weapon is passed down, or is a gift from Michallus.
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

Kaled

There are other old las weapons, it needn't be quite so ancient or more powerful than usual - it could just be ornate or modified in some relatively minor way.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MEHughes

I'm considering maybe converting the model to have a laspistol and a bionic arm with a sword. Unsure at the moment though, I'm somehow attached to the shotgun. I'll have a play around tonight and see how it looks. The bionics could be fun to look at rules wise; they could be really ornate but pretty much useless in combat. Should the laspistol use it's own rules? Or is there a set of rules somewhere that you feel would accurately reflect an antique duelling laspistol ?

Dolnikan

An antique duelling laspistol could work jus like a regular laspistol. There is no reason why it absolutely has to be more accurate or have a smaller capacity or the like. It could once have been more accurate but a few centuries of being used could easily have reduced the accuracy to normal levels.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MEHughes

I'm playing around with the idea of making her a psyker now. I have some cool staffs and such that are just dying to be converted. I'm just not really sure how to fit it into the fluff, and then what discipline she should focus on.
Keeping in mind her affluent background and egotism, anyone got any ideas?

Dwi

Pryomancer might be interesting. Bloody hell if I could throw fire balls I would feel pretty high and mighty too!
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

MEHughes

That's what I was thinking too, maybe she gets obsessed with her power, starts believing the Emperor is working through her and therefore she believes she's the most important thing going.
Pyro would work nice,  the only thing is their powers are quite aggressive, maybe not suited for a sit back and enjoy lady. This is my conundrum.

Dolnikan

Well, if she is a psyker she would need to have been sanctioned and trained, making the rest of the background hard to maintain, especially the church ties. If she were a psyker they would never accept her.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MEHughes

Just an idea and a tenuous one; but could she have been rejected from the Schola Progenium, then sent to Schola Psykana, but before she got there was somehow abducted by Michallus. He could still be repaying an old debt; it would probably be seen as negative on Puntar V to be a psyker so he could be saving her family from some dishonour. Thoughts?

Dolnikan

That seems a bit far-fetched. when she was discovered it seems much more likely that her family would break all ties, the dishonour is already there after all.

MEHughes

I agree, I'm going to a complete overhaul of her fluff tonight, expect a post later on with new fluff and rules. Suffice to say, not much of it is the same :P Thanks for all your support folks :)

MEHughes

Well, as promised, here is the new fluff and rules. I did a total conversion of the model, and this moves the character from a weird acolyte sort of role to a definite support character. Please leave criticisms and such :)

Lady Camera Delopheles. For years, she attended to the most noble families, bachelors and highest bidders as both handmaiden as guiding figure. Camera was born in the underhives of Meyis III, an industrial planet renowned for its poor living conditions and toxic atmosphere. Here, miserable millions shuffle through their daily grind, motivated only by their devotion to the God Emperor. The church formed a large part of life on Meyis III, with work gangs often praying, eating and working together. Camera started as the only daughter of a factory overseer, higher in the society hierarchy than others but by no means well off. As a young girl, her and her friends in the hive played with tarot cards as entertainment, as a way of passing the time in the gritty streets. It was here that Camera first discovered her talent; divining the future through the Emperor's Tarot.
                              For many years, her skill went unnoticed; providing entertainment to her friends and earning small money, but not often. Eventually however, word spread, and one of the richest factory owners demanded to see the young girl who could see into the Warp. He demanded that she tell him his future, and then that he would guarantee security and wellbeing for her and her family for as long as they may live. One does not simply turn down such an offer, and Camera accepted. However, the factory owner did not like what he saw. The cards told of ill fortune, of the emperor's wrath and significant change.
                              The factory owner had her ripped from her family, and sent to work in some dark corner of the hive at some menial task. Even here, they had heard of Camera Delopheles. They believed that the Emperor spoke through her, and near worshipped the teenager.
                  Things continued in this light for near two decades; Camera practised her tarot in secret and was worked through harsh conditions in the factories. Her only stroke of luck came when a Navy Fleet, travelling through the warp, stopped off at the shipyards above Meyis III to resupply. During their time there, the Admiral Lukas Goodwill heard rumours of the young girl who could see into the future. He pulled strings and demanded to meet Camera, who by now was a young lady, and had a significant cult following on the planet. Admiral Goodwill saw great potential in the young lady, and asked her if she would like to accompany him on his great voyage across the stars. Camera accepted, ever knowledgeable of the path she would take. It is not known what happened between Camera and Lukas, as she refuses to talk about it and he is long dead. Suffice to say, at some point Lukas declared he no longer had an interest in the young woman, and had her sent to the Schola Psykana to be tested for witchcraft.
                           Of course Camera possessed psychic talents; none of the headmasters at the Schola disagreed with that. However, the question was how she might best be used.  Divination is not an art useful in the imperial guard, as it is not specific enough for military operations. Nor is it generally accepted within the other branches of imperial governance. It would seem that the only option for Camera Delopheles was to join the Inquisition. Her studies at the Schola had taken her 4 years. She waited another 5 before an Inquisitor expressed interest in taking her on as an assistant.
                     The Inquisitor was by no means reliable or proven. He was a young man who had only recently acquired his own Inquisitorial Rosette, and was looking to gather a retinue of assistants and guards before setting off into his service. Camera swiftly agreed, and joined the young Inquisitor Therramus Rusworth. Their relationship started as exceptionally professional, both driven by duty and ambition. However, in recent investigations, the two seem to be getting exceptionally close.  One might suggest this is simply the bond between a master and devoted servant. Others would suggest there is more than meets the eye.

WS   BS   S   T   I   WP   SG   NV   LD
31   37   39   43   66   76   73   51   46
Special Abilities: Warpsight.
Psychic Powers: Psycholocation, Time Ward, Gaze of Death.
Equipment: Heavy Dress on all locations (AV2) Two throwing knives, Psychic Foci, Advanced Aesthetically Pleasing Bionic Left Arm ( No S Bonus, incorporates two digital inferno weapons) Laspistol.

Thanks for reading :)

MarcoSkoll

I'm a little too busy to do a full and proper critique at this point, but I will say that two digi-meltas is pushing it more than a little bit.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MEHughes

Looking back through the rules, I agree.
I was trying to find some sort of addition to the Bionic arm, she already has a laspistol so I didn't want them to be digi-las, so yeah. Any suggestions are of course welcome :)

Dolnikan

Perhaps a single digi-flamer? That should be more than enough if you want a digi weapon.

It seems slightly odd that she had not been arrested before, either by the church, seeing her as a witch or by the government trying to fill its quotum of psykers. An admiral certainly would not take along someone like her, it is far too dangerous to have a wild psyker on board after all.