Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Ordo Sicarius inquisitor and his background. Help

Started by Dwi, March 21, 2012, 12:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwi

I have had some reall isuues with who my Amalathian Ordo Sicarius Inquisitor will be. I have really hit a wall here as I have no clue what kind of inquisitor would even want to join the ordo. An former Arbite or watchman, a Drill Abbot taken on as an acyolite? Maybe even a former death cultest? Perhaps even some one who was on the wrong end of an assassian and lived to tell the tale?

What do you guys think?
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

Draco Ferox

Have you downloaded the Amalathian sourcebook from Dark Magenta? It could help to flesh outbuis background. One thing I will say is that an ex-death-cultist is unlikely, and that a drill abbot seems a bit shouty-shouty for a very secretive Ordo.

Someone who survived an assassination attempt would be a good idea, though you'll need to be more specific- he's unlikely to survive an Assassinorum attack ++Cross Ref. Eversor=Destroyer++ but maybe he survived, and then decided to ensure that assassination attempts against other targets would not fail, and now tries to make assassins as good as possible by restructuring their training infrastructure. It's more of a Recongregator mindset, but hey, it sounds fine.

Keep plugging away- maybe just write a huge list of stuff (characteristics, looks, personality traits, potential backgrounds) and cross off stuff you don't like until you're left with the bare bones of a character who you like, and will be willing to flesh out more.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Dolnikan

It could be someone who sees the use of assassination as one of the best tools for the Inquisition. He joined because he fears that otherwise this power could fall into the wrong hands. He could come from any background but would probaly prefer to work from the shadows.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

DapperAnarchist

There's some excellent Sicarius stuff in the Skoll Archive, in "Bringers of Death.pdf", which is about the Sicarius and Assassination Cults
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Dwi

Thanks guys. Yah I think I am goeing to go Kaled's way and have him former avy. Most likely Navy Intelligence officer or a Trusted Crew mwmber famillir more with the more seedy under bellie of the ship crew, who showed skill.
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

DapperAnarchist

If he were ex-Navy, he may think that assassination would be useless - the enemy is like a hydra, chopping off the head is no good if you don't cauterise the wound after. By cauterise, I mean it reasonably literally - macrocannon bombardments of enemy citadels tend to work pretty well. To simply remove one Governor is to leave the power system that put him in place almost untouched.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Dolnikan

He could also have concluded in a mutiny that it was based on only a few leaders, after they were gone the crew quickly became compliant again... or so they were thinking....
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on March 22, 2012, 08:50:48 PM
If he were ex-Navy, he may think that assassination would be useless - the enemy is like a hydra, chopping off the head is no good if you don't cauterise the wound after. By cauterise, I mean it reasonably literally - macrocannon bombardments of enemy citadels tend to work pretty well. To simply remove one Governor is to leave the power system that put him in place almost untouched.
Oddly enough, that's how one of my Inquisitors brought down an entire government -- kill the Governer and let whoever's left fight it out among themselves.

Didn't help that said Inquisitor is both an Istvaanian and a massive troll, mind you, but she isn't Sicarius so that doesn't count.

Keep in mind as well that the Ordo Sicarius are also the ones keeping their beady eyes on the Officio Assassinorum itself, so your guy could be the one making sure that Assassins aren't just sent out without a really good reason. There's actually some pretty scary scope for the Temples' power being misused, after all.