Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Carlous VI Affair - IGT12

Started by greenstuff_gav, April 01, 2012, 10:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, here's a story-based report on the IGT2012. From Adept Liwets' perspective, i may have missed / ommited details and have reshuffled the order; First i played in Adlan's scenario with Olis and Kaled, then Olis' Ion-Storm scenario with Marco and Karandras before playing in Mordenkenain's Dark Eldar Massacre with Kaled and Nick :)

Tech Adept Agatha Liwets boots' rang as she strode down the corridor toward Magos Rownes' workshops.
As soon as she was in the section she could hear the shouting; Annikas' young voice raised in argument.
Liwet reached the open blast door in time to see Annika storm out and off down the corridor toward her quarters without a glance toward her, her aged servoskull bobbing along almost drunkenly behind her.
Sighing Liwet entered the workshop to see Rownes body-servitor working over another of his large praetorian servitors, whispered mutters emerging from the speaker attached to the life-support chamber his head floated in.
He glanced up at her as she peered into the chassis.
"Ignorant failure of an experiment." he cursed "I allow her to download combat training. I allow her quarters. What else must be done to appease such petulance?"
Liwet could only shrug; while Annika was headstrong, she followed the magos in that regard and Rowne was emotionally detached to boot.
"what was it this time?" she asked. Rowne failed to recognise the chastising tone in her voice.
"Slaved mechadendrites. Not only plural, but colopatiron class. i have a plethora of heavy lifting servitors. What in the machine-gods' name could she require such devices for?"
Liwet sighed inwardly. no doubt Annika had requested such heavy duty augments to spite her creator.
"on a related note," she began "Adept Dragos has enquired after a biosample from Carlous VI. Might I take a coffle of combat servitors? Possibly Annika as well, the experience may help placate her."
Rowne snorted, the sound echoing oddly from his speaker. "Take what you will. Especially that clone."
Liwet made the sign of the Cog and left the magos to his brooding.

The next morning her shuttle touched down just outside a settlement on the planets lone continent.
A raging Ion storm had forced them to put down a league from the target area.
"There are bounty hunters and mercenaries and all manner of unsavoury characters." Liwet told Annika "Be wary and follow me."
Annika simply shrugged and touched the servitor on its shoulder "C'mon Steve."
"Steve?" Liwet raised an eyebrow
"okay then, Five-Tee-hyphen-vee-Three" Annika pouted.

The group made their way through some gnarled trees toward the nearby settlement.

as they advanced, Liwet spotted a military-styled figure running toward them, armed with pistol and chainsword.
Liwet cursed; she had hoped the Ion Storm would allow them to travel unnoticed. hefting her pistol, she snapped a shot off at the figure and shouted to Annika "Follow me! Servitor, attack!"

Liwet and Annika ran toward the building the figure had emerged from, spotting some noble and a warrior talking, or rather shouting to each other over the noise of the storm raging around them.
off in the distance another band of armed and armoured figures slunk into view

Liwet pushed a finger to her lips and drew a smoke grenade; she would create cover allowing them to dash past a collection of warriors camping in a ruined building in front of them.
However the wind and rain took the grenade and smashed it down behind her, covering the three in bellows of smoke!

They staggered out of the smoke, Liwets' advanced optics flicking between viewing modes to shrug off the smoke, Annika struggling with her goggles.
Liwet grabbed her by the hand and they ran past the ruin, the servitor following ponderously...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

They reached the next settlement without event, a dour settlement eerily silent.
as they approached the closest building, Liwet spotted the dried blood on the door. she loosened her pistol and kicked in the door, wishing she had filtration plus on her nose from the stench of dismembered corpses, long dead.

As she reeled, a warrior woman with a flame weapon approached to her right. turning to brace against the door, Liwet shouted a challenge; "In the name of the Omnissiah! Identify yourself!"

The figure held up an Inquisitorial Rosette that Liwets bionic eyes scanned and in a heartbeat, she knew this person was part of an inquisitors henchmen.
"Imperial Inquisition! We are investigating murder!"
Liwet noticed how the woman was close to the wall to her side "There are three suspects down this alleyway!"
Liwet nodded and stepped up to the corner and whipped her pistol into the mouth of the ally.
"By the Mechanicus and Inquisition, On your knees!" she shouted as her optics scanned the situation

All manner of panic ensued! a woman in gold armour carrying a make of lasweaon Liwet was not familiar with emerged from another alley with a hooded man.
The hooded man forced a cowled figure in front of Liwet to the floor and bound his hands behind his back.
the two figures at the end of the alleyway bolted, fleeing off down the adjoining street.
The flamer armed woman sprinted past to the end of the ally, throwing herself against the corner of the building.

As Liwet moved to join her, she spotted a figure stalking across a nearby roof.
"Servitor! target that man!" she pointed "Annika! stay here!"

As Liwet approached the warrior woman, she saw the flamer level and it's pilot light flicker into life

however, there was a blur of purple and a humanoid figure dashed by, appearing and disappearing before anyone could register the movement

Liwet and the golden armoured woman gasped and ran down a parallel alleyway, hoping to cut off the figure

However the figure disappeared into a building and the roof burst open, the Dark Eldar riding some anti-grav deck!

the weapons mounted on the board growled and spat a rail of shard at the two fighters, glancing off armour in case of the golden warrior and impacting against the wall Liwet had thrown herself behind.
"Servitor!" she shouted at the approaching cyborg "Kill that Xenos!"
If the servitor understood it was not possible to tell. However it's plasmablaster hummed into life and spat a glowing ball of supercharged plasma a the floating figure.
The energy smashed into the aliens' leg, an inhuman scream erupting from it's lips as the Hellion swooped off into the distance, trailing smoke...

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

sorting out what had been happening and jurisdictions took the warbands into the night and Liwets crew settled down for the night beneath hab-tents, the servitor standing guard as Liwet curled around Annika, thermo-blankets atop the pair.

Despite an early start, it was close to midday before the trio approached the coordinates of the bio-form.

As Liwet led the way toward the large spore, a pair of winged creatures flapped overhead, circling over the Adept.

She drew her pistol and aimed toward the closest one, optics assessing it's flight pattern.
"Shoot it!" Annika squealed, drawing out her laser pistol.
"Not until we know if they are hostile. Stay with me."

Across the clearing Liwet could see the two warrior women from the day before, suddenly set apon by slithering ground creatures!

while her attention was drawn Annika was attacked from behind by a flying creature. Whipping up her pistol, Liwet shouted "Annika! Down!"

however Annika whipped her arm around, large sleeves confusing the creature while she placed her pistol against it's head and searing through it's skull with a las blast.

the two other women were also fighting skittering creatures; the laser rifle exploding creatures at it's touch and the guardswoman licking gouts of flame across the swarm into the trees, pouring extra flame into the old brittle wood

As Annika joined Liwet, they heard the cowled member of the other warband shout "it's done! let's get out of here!" and spotted the trio retreat from the bio-pod.
Suddenly the ground shook and a Ravenor pulled itself out of the ground beneath the pod, screaming at the mechanicus.
"Run!" Liwet shouted at Annika and opened fire at the creature. "Servitor! attack!"

As Liwet dashed around the building she was stood by, the servitor's plasmablaster hummed and once more let rip.
The ball of energy slammed into the creatures' forearm, leaving it sundered and smoking.
As it screamed, Liwet spotted the warrior woman sprint toward the xenos, un-slinging her flamer, ready to hurl it toward the monstrous creature.
Liwet stabbed her sampling tube into the chest of the fallen flying alien and grunted. "that'll do" and ran after Annika "Servitor! Follow me and continue attacking!"
not turning to see if it was following, Liwet focused on joining Annika...

a day later, the trio were sat on the lander, headed back toward Rownes battleship.
Liwet was leant against the hull, boots on top of a crate as she transferred the data from the Xenos sample.
Glancing toward Annika, she could see the child working on the servitor, repairing the horrific damage the burning ravenor had inflicted. Thankfully it's death-strike had been relatively minimal; she didn't doubt such a creature would have left little more than chunks of the man-machine if it had not already been dead.
Apparently the cloaked figure had been setting coordinates for an orbital strike. She would need to make sure she questioned Adept Dragos, possibly violently, about this information...

Build Your Imagination

Adlan

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on April 01, 2012, 10:17:07 AM
so, here's a story-based report on the IGT2012. From Adept Liwets' perspective, i may have missed / ommited details and have reshuffled the order; First i played in Holiad's(?) scenario with Olis and Kaled, then Olis' Ion-Storm scenario with Marco and Karandras before playing in Mordenkenain's Dark Eldar Massacre with Kaled and Nick :)

It was my game you played in first.

Mordenkenain

QuoteMordenkenain's Dark Eldar Massacre

Thought for the day: when in doubt coat it in blood red...whadda ya mean don't use real blood
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

Dolnikan

It looks like you had a lot of fun! Annika looks very good in the picture where she is surrounded by the smoke, there is a lot of spirit there.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.