Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

what rules should i use to reptesent this inq28 model

Started by 0604854, April 15, 2012, 01:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440247a&prodId=prod2010017

the url for thr model id above.

He is an istvaanian inquisitor (strength through conflict) i am thinking telepath as he will be highly manipulative but what about equipment, stats and skills?

Input will be appreciated

Dolnikan

Is he going to be used like that or will you make some modifications. I ask this because he clearly bears the symbols of other organizations than the inquisition.

Ruleswise I would go for someone without much in the way of physical skills, not a good shot or skilled combatant as this clearly is a dedicated psyker. As to equipment, I would give him a force rod, a simple kind of pistol, a laspistol or the like, a bit of armour, but not much, he only wears visible armour on the chest and abdomen after all, and maybe, maybe a psychic hood.

For powers you could go for a telepath if you like, that really depends on preferences.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Whatever you so desire although you'll have to do a fair bit of conversion work to get shot of the Scholastica Psykana/Adeptus Astra Telepathica/other decidedly non-Inquisition iconography.

Molotov

Quote from: Koval on April 15, 2012, 01:45:04 PM
Whatever you so desire although you'll have to do a fair bit of conversion work to get shot of the Scholastica Psykana/Adeptus Astra Telepathica/other decidedly non-Inquisition iconography.

It can be done!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Dolnikan

Of course its not necessary to do it that good, but it should be doable. The big things are the chest and the tabard, the staff isn't as necessary because that could be the origin of the staff. Both should be relatively easy to cover up somehow.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Quote from: Molotov on April 15, 2012, 08:47:07 PM
Quote from: Koval on April 15, 2012, 01:45:04 PM

It can be done!
Not disputing its possibility. Looks like a nice job you've made of yours. I'm just saying it's not the easiest thing in the world.

DapperAnarchist

I say leave the chest - just because he's an Inquisitor now, doesn't mean he wasn't in the Scholistica before, and he might keep their symbol on him, for sentimental or political reasons (or even practical - it may for a focus for his concentration, one learned as a very young novice in the Scholastica).

On the actual question... Clearly, a forcestaff of some kind (perhaps something a bit special), perhaps not that strong anymore, though he's a stocky little guy, a pistol, looks a bit bigger than a normal las or stub pistol, perhaps a heavy stub pistol, a naval one would go well with the rather naval look of his coat. Skills... perhaps one of the emotional skills from Dark Magenta, like Draconian Tyrant, as he looks quite fierce. Telepathic powers for an Istvaanian might be directly offensive, like Enrage or Terrify, or more subtle, like ones that allow him to trick people into going to war against their own advantage. Istvaanians can sometimes be highly isolated, working without much support, and so be equipped with a wide variety of useful gadgets, like unexpected grenades (blind, tanglefoot, etc) or target-specific weapons (cutting charges for going through doors, EMP weapons of various kinds). However, as a senior Istvaanian, he might well have made many allies among the Guard and Navy, officers who have him to thank for a glorious career against the alien and heretic hordes, and so he might instead rely on allies.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!