Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Pinion Cell: characters for appraisal

Started by Koval, April 25, 2012, 05:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco Ferox

Quote from: Koval on April 26, 2012, 06:25:39 PM
I'll attribute it to a maintenance accident that Cals didn't know how to fix. Sure, it's not especially thrilling, but "thrilling" and "plasma guns breaking" don't usually end well for their owners.

Well, maybe this will show what's possible. Slightly more dangerous to the operator, but I like the idea of doing this with such a weapon.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on April 26, 2012, 06:25:39 PMHazardous(X)
Hazardous/Unreliable stuff is all explained near the start of the armoury. A hazardous action goes wrong when the hit roll ends in 5. Hazardous(2) goes wrong if it's a 5 or 6, Hazardous(3) a 5, 6 or 7... and so on and so forth.

It was an attempt to have a mechanic that didn't always take effect on the first "risk" of the turn and which could have its percentages tweaked a bit more (as opposed to all dangerous things being equally dangerous).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: Draco Ferox on April 26, 2012, 06:53:03 PM
Quote from: Koval on April 26, 2012, 06:25:39 PM
I'll attribute it to a maintenance accident that Cals didn't know how to fix. Sure, it's not especially thrilling, but "thrilling" and "plasma guns breaking" don't usually end well for their owners.

Well, maybe this will show what's possible. Slightly more dangerous to the operator, but I like the idea of doing this with such a weapon.
Such desecration of the Omnissiah's bounty! Cals would probably have snapped Kass' neck if he'd done that :P

Draco Ferox

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Koval

You know, I was about to reply, but I then decided to keep reading, and forgot to reply. Although I'm thinking something more like this, only with Krin possibly being a bit more dead. Safer for Kass if I just go with the maintenance accident.

Tweaked Cals' equipment again, if only because I couldn't work out what to put in his other hand (modelling wise) seeing as he only has one weapon -- the motion tracker's therefore been moved down from the servo-skull into a handheld unit. I can always do something else with the skull if need be.

Koval

double

A photo thread of built-this-morning 28mm models is here.

Downgraded Lozano's armour based on WYSIWYG, added some context to Cals' stub pistol.