Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Interrogator Publius Oblomow and friends

Started by Dolnikan, May 21, 2012, 11:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

Soon my brother in law and I will start a short campaign. This thread will contain the background and the rules for one of the warbands, the other group will also be posted up. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Interrogator Publius Oblomow
The man who later became inquisitor Oblomow was born on Valstar Primus. He was the third son of a pair of shopkeepers. As a youth he kept his distance from gangs and violence, instead spending his time in the local chapel. He was allowed into the seminary where he studied diligently to become a parish priest. Fate however had something else in store for him.

Merely two years after he was ordained horrible things started happening. Boys went missing, which was not too extraordinary, but then the first of them were found back. The body was found in a warehouse. It had been cut apart and his arteries were arranged in the shape of a horrible rune. Soon thereafter more bodies were found, each spelling a new rune with his arteries.

News of these events came to Inquisitor Khar And he sent one of his most capable lieutenants, Urbana Golgamesh to investigate. Unaware of her presence the authorities did their best to solve the riddle but it was to little avail. Oblomow did his best to calm his flock but it was not nearly enough, for a few moments his words calmed them but the fear always returned. He saw the proper authorities failing and resolved to do his best to protect his flock. He asked many of his people and deduced a location where he expected the next crime to take place.

Golgamesh had made the same deduction. She arrived little after the priest. He thought that her band was responsible for the attacks and followed them. The interrogator's followers noticed him and easily subdued the man. He was spared for later questioning. As expected the cultists did arrive and were promptly overwhelmed.

When he was interrogated Oblomow proved his innocence and purity when Golgamesh penetrated his mind. She made him an offer, he could join her as a spiritual counselor or he could return to his parish. He decided to become a servant of the holy ordos on that day.

While travelling Oblomow was trained in the use of weapons by Hargh, a notorious gunfighter from Hyalinde who liked to show himself the better of the priest. Oblomow was an avid learner, knowing that he would require such skills to serve the Emperor. With much practice and perseverance he became well versed in the art of fighting with two pistols at the same time.

These skills were put to use shortly thereafter, on  the feral world of Darlith his mistress investigated the activities of a tribe in the possession of strange artifacts. Near one of their settlements she located a site where the savages had dug up the remnants of an alien civilization. But before they could contact Imperial forces they came under attack by war parties. It was the first taste of combat for Oblomow and he distinguished himself with his bravery and skills.
For years he assisted Golgamesh who gave him ever more independence, when she was promoted to full inquisitorial rank he became a personal assistant of inquisitor Khar and since then has served him in many investigations.

Years later, after he had become an independently working interrogator for Inquisitor Khar he exposed the Minorites of Mler as heretics who condemned the possessions of the Ecclesiarchy.  While fighting in their main convent he recovered a valued weapon from the hands of their leader, the sword which had once been used by Eutasius, a martyr who had fallen against the worshippers of the dark powers on the planet over three thousand years ago. His master granted him the right to use the weapon to hunt down the many heretics on his path.

During the famous sewer revolution on Krynor which interrogator Oblomow had set up he stormed the palace of the corrupt governor where he had fortified himself with the members of the nobility. While fighting his way through the halls of the fortress a grenade was thrown at him. It blasted him off his feet. When he awoke again he found out that his right arm had been removed, a shard had torn out his right eye and there was substantial damage to the rest of his body. He was rebuilt at the command of inquisitor Khar.

Ws   Bs   S   T   I   Wp   Sg   Nv   Ld
63   66   79   63   68   74   73   78   79
Skills: Leader, Word of the Emperor, Gunfighter
Armour: 4 on chest and abdomen, 5 on right arm, 3 on left arm, groin and legs, 1 on head.
Weapons: 2 laspistols, the Blade of the Blessed Eutasius, an anointed falchion
Other Equipment:
Bionics: Average bionic right eye with a bio-scanner, average bionic right arm(strength 51)
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Dolnikan

I still have some problems with the second character, I just don't get the brain damage right, so, could you please help me with that?

Boris Kito
Kito joined a street gang on Mler at a young age, his great strength paired with his intellect allowed him to rise quickly through their ranks. His gang started to dominate their part of the city, absorbing or eliminating their rivals.

His rise coincided with the rise of the minorites. This group which claimed that the clergy should aspire to poverty and gained much popularity amongst the common folk. Many members of his gang also listened to these preachers. Kito was unsure about what to do. The clergy strongly condemned the new movement but many of his friends had joined them.

He decided to wait and see before he would make his decision, trying to stay on good terms with both sides. Then interrogator Oblomow arrived and when Boris heard about the inquisition's involvement he took a firm stance against the minorites and was driven from his position by his underlings. He found shelter in a local church and when the call arrived for loyal warriors he gave heed and joined Oblomow in his attack on the main convent.

There he distinguished himself with his massive strength, killing multiple enemies with his bare hands. When speaking to him in the aftermath of the attack Oblomow decided to take the young man with him as an assistant.

Only a few years later he led a small band pursuing a rogue psyker. They confronted the witch but they had underestimated her. She unleashed the powers of the warp but failed at controlling them. No traces of the witch were found, only a pile of ashes.  Kito was found, but his intellect was gone, he could still obey orders but lost his reasoning and knowledge. He would stand unflinching when under fire, but could hardly speak anymore. Out of loyalty to his companion Oblomow has kept Kito with him, who serves the Emperor with childlike joy.

54   41   84   69   41   46   12   87   57
Skills: Nerves of Steel, Hurl opponent, Brain Damage
Weapons: autogun, sword
Other Equipment: 2 reloads for autogun
Brain Damage: Kito has suffered horrible damage to his brain, reducing him to little more than a servitor. In game this means that Kito may perform only simple acts when not under orders. He will attempt to stay within 5 yards of Oblomow and will shoot at anyone who he considers a threat. Whn his master is engaged in combat he will charge to protect him.
Kito can be given orders, but these must be simple, when more complicated orders are given he must pass a Ld test with the appropriate modifiers to understand what he has to do.
At any time there also is 10% chance that Kito will become confused, when this is the case he loses 20 from his Ws and Bs as well as his I.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Dolnikan

And here's the third character

Elisa Dworn
Elisa Dworn was a labourer in the industrial districts of Trevask. She was perfectly ordinary until her powers were discovered. She narrowly escaped the crowd that wanted to lynch her and fell into the hands of the government who locked her up to wait for the arrival of the Black Ships.

After being tested and sanctioned she was seconded to the 3419th Doristor Light Infantry where her pyromantic powers could be put to use for the Emperor. Troops from her unit were used by inquisitor Khar to suppress the acolytes of Hyshagh. The operation turned into a disaster when a disparate branch of the acolytes showed that their studies into things immaterial had gone much beyond that of their peers. They had summoned the dread powers of the Warp.

The troops were massacred around her. When inquisitor Khar arrived hours later he found a massacre. Four regiment of Imperial Guardsmen had been butchered. His Storm Troopers cleansed the valley thoroughly and found only a small group of survivors. Somehow Dworn had warded those around her from the attack. Most of the remaining soldiers had been driven insane and were executed. Dworn was taken by Khar for her talents after sufficient testing.

She was seconded to Oblomow to provide assistance against the Host Lords of Fyn Hive. These depraved cultists bound minor warp spirits into the bodies of their victims.  These they used to terrify the population and to establish their power. Inquisitor Khar sent Oblomow to investigate and to find their hideouts. Oblomow set up a network of spies and succeeded in locating the places the cult worked from and identified many of their members. Soon the cultists managed to find out and sent several hosts to kill him. He survived thanks to Dworn's powers.

47   49   52   54   66   71   64   58   53
Skills: Sanctuary, fireball, firestorm, burning hands
Armour: 5 on chest and abdomen, 3 on groin, legs and arms.
Weapons: stubber

Knobby2

to be honest I think you've got the effects of brain damage done right, the only thing Is it is usually difficult for severe cases too communicate in more than a simple language or pictograph system, and mundane tasks suddenly become complex so perhaps a modifier at gm's discretion on certain actions he tries too perfom

Dolnikan

We will certainly include such modifiers, and spoken orders are often very simple.

And this is another character.

Eshwar Vindratan
Vindratan was a member of a healing cult on Latul II. These Sanctified Ones are a powerful group on the primitive world because they have preserved the ancient arts of healing their forefather brought with them to the planet. The process is immensely ritualized, but still these barbarians can heal many diseases and injuries with the same level of skill as those who come from far more advanced backgrounds. One of their chief tools is the Gwarin Fish, an aquatic creature found in the seas of their homeworld. The scales of these fish contain disinfectant substances and are used to clean wounds, for this reason these healer-priests always carry a few of these fish with them. Another important tool they use are the various herbs which they are trained to identify. A more rare component they use is a Hyank leaf which, when placed under the tongue contains a substance which can be rapidly absorbed and neutralizes many strange substances.

Vindratan was encountered by Oblomow when he was investigating the Swartian Hegemony, a coalition of warlords which was conquering large parts of the planet. He spent almost an entire year on the planet during which time he befriended VIndratan and saw him working on many patients. After declaring the Swartian Hegemony to be pure he permanently recruited Vindratan as a personal physician.
54   32   64   62   48   59   61   57   56
Skills: Medic,
Weapons: flail
Other Equipment: fish and herbs(counts as a medi-pack),5  Hyank leafs(counts as a single shot de-tox injector to be used on any character he is using his medic skill on.