Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Shannow's WIPs

Started by Shannow, July 15, 2010, 01:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadriel Caine

I love the harvester. the skin tone is spot on IMO.
You have officially inspired me to pick up my Dark Eldar project for INQ again. not sure if i should be thanking you since I am trying to save up for a masters degree... :P
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Shannow

Long time since I updated this at all, mainly because I've done bugger all! Anyway, thank you adam for compliment and glad to have got you going on your dark eldar again (which is coming along nicely :) )

Sadly the persistent rain means I have had to resort to a flash on my camera phone as my digitals flash is broken, and the pics aren't great though trust me it look much better in real life!

This is supposed to be either my dark eldars or my harvesters pet:

I'll update with better pictures when I get the chance, hopefully be some sun when I move back to Bristol in a week.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Shannow

Well I guess I should begin with 3 apologies!

1-Sorry for threadromancy!! Didn't seem to make sense to start another thread for my less than sterling efforts :P
2-Well this is technically a double post so sorry again!
3- And finally apologies for the use of Flash but definitely no natural light around here at the mo...

Anyway this isn't even a proper update, as its just a re-painted mini,,,,, Many of you said she was too dark

and so she is much lighter now,,,,

I know the painting is scruffy but the idea is she is a banshee that got lost in the webway (or something) and so her armour has been shredded down and she's gone quite mad...

The blue shows through too much, so will correct that, and I expect many of you will not like it one bit :P but considering I haven't painted since september and had several fingers reset I'm pretty pleased!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Shannow

This is a Bale Childer model directed entirely by lack of sleep and a jumbled bits box and relates to this thread:

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1359.0

And this is a model I sculpted last night also, and relates to this thread:

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1375.0

He needs much cleaning up and reposing as he leans back to much, but is supposed to be mid kick whilst avoiding something, possibly bullets....

C&C welcome as always

Time to die.

Shannow

Arise from the dead! I command you!

Instead of a new thread for every new wip I thought I'd just ressurect this mess....

Here's a conversion of one of the sisters using eldar ranger sniper rifle, still needs work hence why its WIP! She's called Daenire (Day-Near-eh) but I have no background for her other than she will be with the Warp Hound. Base is temporary also as need to order more bases such as the Warp Hound is on, hence the big green globs holding her down....

And I will be putting a rather questionable retrospective together at some point, as well as Hopefully writing an article for DM entitled "Approaching sculpting as a Novice: Pitfalls and Pointer" to summarise what I've learned and have pictures of useful things etc. Anyway here is a shot of all my models en mass!

CC please:)

Rob

Time to die.

Inquisitor Dionzi

I'm fond of Daenire and your rearing-back warphound....
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Dolnikan

The new character looks very good, the parts fit well together and the cloak is nice and flowing.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

DapperAnarchist

I like your japanese whiskey ;D more seriously, these are a really fascinating and dark collection of models/characters, well done.

What is the sniper sisters head?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on May 27, 2012, 04:05:28 PM
I like your japanese whiskey ;D more seriously, these are a really fascinating and dark collection of models/characters, well done.

What is the sniper sisters head?

Aha, I hadn't thought about the background that might imply I'm an alcoholic..... I do love me my whisky:D

The head is the callidus assassins, I've just cut the hair off and filed it smooth all over.

I'm very pleased with the remodelling of legs to be walking forward, the arms we're difficult though, hence the cloak and shoulder pad to hide the horribly smashed metal underneath and many pins going in to hold it together....

Time to die.

Alyster Wick

Quote from: Shannow on May 27, 2012, 07:45:11 PM

The head is the callidus assassins, I've just cut the hair off and filed it smooth all over.

I'm very pleased with the remodelling of legs to be walking forward, the arms we're difficult though, hence the cloak and shoulder pad to hide the horribly smashed metal underneath and many pins going in to hold it together....

Great job with the remodeled legs, did you just bend it at the knee slightly? I'm thinking of stealing that as I have a few legs sitting around. I can personally attest to how difficult it is to repose the arms. There's something about the shoulders I think, perhaps they need to be completely sanded down (perhaps it goes into the chest as well, anatomically it looks like her arms should be raised up). I have yet to find a way to make the pose look natural.

As far as the Callidus head goes I say kudos. Never saw much potential in the model personally (it doesn't look bad persay, just not much character, though I know others absolutely hate it I'm just more ambivalent) but you've really given life to the head.