Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Location of the Carthax sector

Started by Kaled, June 15, 2012, 07:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Van Helser on June 15, 2012, 08:21:53 PMA stable warp route to wherever else is all that's needed to link another sector.
Pretty much, yes. I've always taken it that there's little (and in many cases, no) correlation between real space and warp distance - or time, for that matter.

I feel it's now time to quote my infamously nutty post on the nature of the warp:
Quote...the warp. Time and distance flow like water there. Seconds turn into years, years turn into hours, hours turn into centimetres, centimetres turn into walruses. It's a realm of no fixed rules, and as many or as few dimensions as it likes.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

I think it's worthwhile my chiming in to say that, to be honest, I had in in my head that Carthax was located to the galactic north somewhere, as opposed to the outer western fringe. That's not to say that I think either is a better placing, just that, despite keeping reasonably up-to-date with conclave stuff, I couldn't have told you with any certainty Carthax was - which is probably the same for most people.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

Quote from: Kaled on June 15, 2012, 10:54:39 PM
Very well, given the weight of opinion for leaving it where it is, I withdraw the suggestion for changing it.
Probably for the best, so long as it's now defined.

Zakkeg

Quote from: Koval on June 16, 2012, 05:57:18 AMProbably for the best, so long as it's now defined.

Hear, hear.

For the record, I was thinking of it as being (based on the big map) about two-thirds of the way from Balhaut to Macharia, give or take. Whether that was anywhere near the mark or not, now would seem to be the time to nail it down. Better some mild headaches than leaving it open for reams of mutually contradictory fluff. Let's leave that to the Black Library, aye? ;) ;D
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Kaled

If you guys want to define it's location more precisely (or even follow Molotov's lead and start mapping Carthax like he has done with Dalthus) then feel free.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Koval

If we do that, then we'll be missing off Pillarus Prime and most likely a huge chunk of space in the middle...

Dolnikan

To be quite honest I would prefer the sector to be unmapped to allow people to inject planets wherever they like.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Aside from in existing subsectors, you mean? :P

MarcoSkoll

I'm moderately likely to "half" map out the Cuir Subsector at some point, given it's really my corner of things. However, I fully expect that a) I'll never be done putting it together and b) it'll turn out fething massive.

I know the list I've got on the wiki isn't complete - but I am finally starting to actually have multiple characters hailing from the same worlds, rather than just making up a new one every time, so things are improving.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I started doing that a while ago, albeit outside of Carthax...

On a largely unrelated side note, I borrowed Cuir for Andreas' place of origin -- he's Ismenean, or whichever demonym applies to folks from Ismene.

MarcoSkoll

I think Ismenean works.

By chance, it happens I've just posted up some of the notes on Ismene. At least, what of it I could remember from our last DH adventure - unfortunately, not all my notes were typed.

I do have more stuff about Tertius hive (our DH setting), Scrall hive (Gala's home) and one of the spaceports (given we had to go through there) though, so more about those can go up when I've put the words in order.

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

For our group we have designed part of a sector, but it keeps growing and growing, luckily there never have been any clear numbers of planets mentioned for a sector.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.