Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

just brought new 40k rulebook will update you asap

Started by 0604854, June 30, 2012, 11:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Koval

They wouldn't have done that even if they were on some really good weed. Quoth my local blackshirt, "they're not going to tear down a huge chunk of existing background, especially when it involves Space Marines, when there's been so much time spent updating the background to be more consistent with Black Library".

Asking a blueshirt and the local gamers around the painting table today revealed that it was all bunkum anyway. :P

Re. Squats, they've been alluded to in Codex: Orks as well (though that one's often overlooked for some reason), and the novel Gunheads (which gets extra bonus points firstly for being written by Steve Parker*, and secondly for being set on Golgotha) has quite a long sequence in which the Imperial army has to cut through what can only be an ancient Squat stronghold -- notably, the Adeptus Mechanicus delegation ends up going walkies, which leads to the architecture being described in quite some detail.

About the book itself -- the Special Rules section strikes me as something that might fit nicely into a 40KRP core rulebook, as the layout feels so similar to how weapon qualities, Skills, Talents, and Traits are laid out.

*The fact that Parker isn't one of the most well-known Black Library figures probably leads to Gunheads being overlooked, but I like his writing style. It's descriptive enough without being too showy-offy.

Knobby2

slightly off topic, as for squats coming back the orignal fluff if i remember correctly had them in strongholds and were miners as well as being advanced,

anyone notice what little bit about the demiurg exists says the same

Koval

That's been noticed for quite a while, although IIRC Jervis said there was more to it than simply recycling Squats as Demiurg. Could be wrong on that count, though, I've forgotten most of the Jervis thing.

Knobby2

if the demiurg are not recycled squats, and IMHO they arent squats, I'd like too see a bit more about them aswell as the niscar

Macabre

Quote from: Knobby2 on July 02, 2012, 09:07:14 PM
if the demiurg are not recycled squats, and IMHO they arent squats, I'd like too see a bit more about them aswell as the niscar

The Nicassar

++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Glorioski

Quote from: Knobby2 on July 02, 2012, 09:07:14 PM

The demiurg are in the new Primarchs compilation in the Alpha Legion story. They are described explicitly as xenos who are chiefly miners and traders.

Charax

the Demiurg are the squat archetype recycled, in that they're short, antisocial miners - that's not the same as just being "the squats recycled"
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Did somebody say 'Fishmen'?

Right, now that's out of the way:

I'm relieved to hear all that business with Space Marines and Tau becoming hugsy-wugsy most bestest buddys evar was just a rumor, and the new abhuman races sound interesting (especially the tree people).

Also;
Quote from: Macabre on July 02, 2012, 09:15:42 PM
The Nicassar

Could some kindly soul please explian to me just what the nutty-fudgekins this thing is?!
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Inquisitor Goldeneye on July 04, 2012, 08:55:20 PM
I'm relieved to hear all that business with Space Marines and Tau becoming hugsy-wugsy most bestest buddys evar was just a rumor, and the new abhuman races sound interesting (especially the tree people).

Tau Ally with everyone .. Brothers In Arms with Space Marines  so can intermingle characters etc...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Shannow

Erm, possibly an ill educated question, but I would have thought that the Necrons, like the tyrannids wouldn't ally with anyone either, I mean sure they might happen to have the same aims, but surely this is pure coincidence rather than a reasoned 'lets work together for now' sort of thing? Or this there fluff of necrons working with other races?

Kindly educate me please!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Koval

They've ... shall we say, fought on the same battlefield as the Blood Angels against a mutual enemy before. Apparently, the Silent King was quite the fan of his codes of honour since he declined to massacre the Blood Angels thereafter.

I therefore interpret it as "we have a mutual enemy, so while they're still here, don't screw with us and we won't screw with you"

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on July 04, 2012, 09:02:25 PMTau Ally with everyone .. Brothers In Arms with Space Marines  so can intermingle characters etc...
oh good, people have started making usable versions of that hideous chart in the rulebook.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Akuro Adenn

Hopefully all bodes well within the fluff. I'm not too terribly concerned with the rules at this point- I don't think I'll be playing full 40k. Too much hassle, and never enough money on my end.