Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

An Inquisitor-and-other-games Conclave event?

Started by Kaled, July 02, 2012, 10:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

I'm happy if you want to promote it elsewhere once it's all arranged. My thought was that people could come and play whatever they want - if some people want to just play Inq54 or Inq28 then that's fine, but if other people want to play Blood Bowl or Malifaux all day then that's fine by me too. If we run it over two days then people should have opportunity to play quite a few different games if that's what they want to do.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Charax

Still don't really see the problem with other games. it's not like we're going to derail into the relative benefits of different games or spin off into showing pics of some YuJing Aragoto Senkenbutai, it's just a case of "I'd like to bring Infinity/Malifaux/whatever"

Actually I can see a theme building - skirmish games. Inquisitor is one, so everyone here must enjoy them, and it saves people lugging around a ton of minis/terrain.
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Kaled

Actually I was thinking that people might want to show pictures of their non-Inquisitor models, or want to get into a discussion of the rules or pros/cons of other games.

Maybe they won't - I just thought it worth agreeing on somewhere to do it if people do want to spin off a discussion somewhere.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on July 03, 2012, 08:16:22 AM
While I don't hugely like Maelstrom myself (less than impressed by customer service), I'd like to hear the rationale behind ruling them out as a venue. It needs to be a more collective decision than the unexplained opinion of one person.
long, non-related story aside, their manager was a prick to the point that, even though it was over a year ago, thinking about it is winding me up.
I'm not saying it isn't a viable venue; just i won't be attending if it is; there's more to the community than one man :)
As for Triple Helix, it's not just a lack of Sunday opening that makes them impractical.
actually, sundays can be arranged; if there's a dozen or so people booked, we'll open. worst case scenario, i open and do the cafe service for us :)

West Wiltshire is rather out of the way for most people - we need somewhere a fair bit further north.
this is always the issue.. 3 hours from WHW for those wondering...

i have a boot full of Malifaux terrain i can bring :)
obviously, it's Saussure's call but maybe a "Heretical Discussion" section can be opened; discussion of other games?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Shannow

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on July 03, 2012, 06:59:27 PM
i open and do the cafe service for us :)

Waffles and beer :D

I would be interested in this, there are lots of games I haven't invested in through a lack of persons to play with. Its not like I'm used to infrequent games with Inq,,,, so be good to know there were a few on offer a year or some such for other systems and shiny shiny shiny models
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

Coventry and B'ham suit me pretty well (train from Bristol isn't too bad, nor is megabus) and I could bring a bit of scatter terrain, nothing properly big though.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Saussure

Quote from: Kaled on July 03, 2012, 04:05:20 PM
Discussing the event itself should be fine but we may want somewhere to discuss the other games we want to play - and one thread containing event details plus conversations about half a dozen different gaming systems is not ideal...

I don't mind if the conversation stays confined to this thread, for this event. I don't, however, want the Community board suddenly exploding with dozens of different threads discussing non-Inquisitor-related gaming issues, so please keep it limited to this thread. That probably means that someone will have to moderate this particular thread - I suspect Dave, as the initiator! Perhaps compiling the current event details in the first post would be a good way to keep things tidy?

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Kaled

Unless I've missed one, it looks like we have three proposals for venues - Maelstrom, Triple Helix and Koko (and since I'd like a chance to play Malifaux with Gav, I'm leaning towards the last two!). What sort of prices are we looking at for two days hire for, at a guess, 4-5 tables?

As for a date, how about October/November time?

Macabre

Its a bit late for me to do that today, but I'll certainly enquire tomorrow about prices and such.

EDIT. At Koco, you can have as many tables as you'd want included in the room rental.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

greenstuff_gav

here's Helix's offer:
for <10 tables, £5 per table per day and ideally £5 in sales each person on sunday (i.e. lunch) to cover staff costs for opening sunday :)

not the first week in Oct for me; am in Costa Brava :)

EDIT, also, to quote me:
Inquisitor, Malifaux, WHQuest, Necromunda, BloodBowl, Super Dungeon Explore, Infinity, 40k, Warmachine in that order!

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

Actually it'd have to be the second half of October for me too.

As for games - I can bring some or all of the following: Inquisitor, Malifaux, Blood Bowl, Puppet Wars, Fairy Meat. I also have some models for Infinity and wouldn't mind giving that a try too. I'm sure I could be persuaded to try other things too.

Kaled

Macabre - were you able to get a quote for room hire?

Keravin

I wouldn't be able to do second half of October as I'm running a Warmachine Cancer Charity event on the 21st and with 32 players due to come to that then that's my focus.

Kaled

So is everyone happy with the venue being Triple Helix? Or has anyone got any other suggestions?

As for a date, how about 27th-28th October? Or 3rd-4th November? Or 10th-11th November? Or some other date...

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Kaled on July 24, 2012, 07:06:20 PM
As for a date, how about 27th-28th October? Or 3rd-4th November? Or 10th-11th November? Or some other date...

if we have suggestions i can lookit at the calendar to make sure there's no "exclusive" (i.e. the whole hall bookings) events & pencil The Conclave in :)

Build Your Imagination