Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

CRIME REPORT – PRECINCT XI, DOCK IV, HAVEN

Started by Lacerto, September 14, 2009, 03:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lacerto

++++

CONNECTING...

+

FILE TRANSFER COMPLETE

++++

CRIME REPORT – PRECINCT XI
REF: 103-446-778X-AFT-3811-T
DATE: 4402832.M41
DATE OF CRIME: 4401832.M41
ACCUSED: Unknown Assailant
DESCRIPTION OF ACCUSED: White off-world male, 1.80 m, bald with extensive neural implantation. Heavy musculature, deep voice. Green jacket, jeans.
CLASS OF CRIME: ASSAULT/COMMON (B-712), ROBBERY/MINOR (T-467), EVADING AN OFFICER OF THE ADEPTUS ARBITES (A-109)

SPECIFIC LOCATION OF CRIME: 37°23.516-122°02.625 (Dock IV, Haven)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CRIME: Victim was harassed by accused. While attempting to vacate the area the victim was assaulted and a case containing a data-slate belonging to the employer of the victim was seized. Upon the arrival of officers KERNOV (53991724) and GRABE (81217686), the accused fled from the scene.
Can the incident be defined as "HERESY"?:
Yes() No(x)
If yes, specify the type of heresy:
Witch() Mutant() Alien()
VERDICT: Guilty
SENTENCE: TBC
NOTES: The search for the accused is ongoing.

++++

REF: 103-446-778X-AFT-3812-T
DATE: 4402832.M41
DATE OF CRIME: 4401832.M41
ACCUSED: Ami Senn (H56-043-91294)
CLASS OF CRIME: FAILURE TO SAFEGUARD IMPERIAL DATA (I-013c), FAILURE TO APPREHEND A KNOWN CRIMINAL (A-313)

SPECIFIC LOCATION OF CRIME: 37°23.516-122°02.625 (Dock IV, Haven)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CRIME: Accused allowed a data slate, potentially containing information pertaining to the running of Dock IV to fall into hands of another criminal (CROSS 103-446-778X-AFT-3811-T). Accused did not apprehend aforementioned criminal.
Yes() No(x)
Witch() Mutant() Alien()
VERDICT: +CLASSIFIED+
SENTENCE: +CLASSIFIED+
NOTES: Employer claims that slate contained no sensitive data. Audit of Dock IV bureaucratic procedures recommended (CROSS 115-589-754X-BSH-2532-L). The medical officer has noted that the minor wound caused to the attacked would have been sufficient to allow the assailant time to escape.  

++++

TRANSMISSON ENDS

++++

This is a training game I played with a friend. Kernov and Grabe had to go to the pistol range, score 100 pts (30 pts head/groin, 20 pts chest/torso, 10 pts arms/legs) and then return to the courthouse.

Meanwhile, Rek Vig mugged Ami Senn for a briefcase she was delivering. The officers weren't aware of this because of the noise on the range. Although Kernov quickly completed his task, Grabe took ages, repeatedly shooting the target in the legs, perhaps prefering this to the quick kill of the head shot.

By the time Grabe had scored 100 pts, Vig had assaulted Senn, wounding her in the chest and knocking her prone. Kernov stormed out of the pistol range, vexed that Grabe had made such a meal out of the shoot. As he left the range, he spotted the incident* and charged towards Vig and the prone Senn, ordering Vig to stop. Grabe heard the shouts and joined him, but Vig already had the case and fled.

*This is the correct way to do this yes? The player should assign their actions based on what they know, but if they become aware of something while in the middle of declared actions they can change their remaining actions?

++++

Verificator's Note: Data corruption of recorded pict-capts has forced record edit.

Kaled

Nice to see another battle report with pictures.  That's some rather alcoholic terrain you have there!

Quote from: Lacerto on September 14, 2009, 03:25:34 PM
*This is the correct way to do this yes? The player should assign their actions based on what they know, but if they become aware of something while in the middle of declared actions they can change their remaining actions?
Page 18 of the LRB deals with changing actions.  If the GM allows the player to change their actions, then the character must make an Initiative test - if he passes, he must spend his next action as a pause for breath and any remaining actions can be re-declared.  If he fails his Initiative test, then his turn ends.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Lacerto

Thanks very much Kaled, I couldn't find that. Yes, the terrain represents the limited building materials available in the holiday cottage we were staying in. Glue was also lacking, but luckily scissors and pens were not.

TheNephew

It would seem that Grabe had been partaking of too much of the scenery, judging by his shooting.
Sounds like a good, simple introductory scenario - a shame it didn't go a little more smoothly, with most of the action already done by the time the officers left the range.
I like the report format as well.

Kaled

Quote from: Lacerto on September 15, 2009, 12:32:52 PM
Yes, the terrain represents the limited building materials available in the holiday cottage we were staying in. Glue was also lacking, but luckily scissors and pens were not.
It's good - IMHO people get too hung up on the terrain issue.  When I started playing GW games, you generally got a bit of terrain in a boxed game, but you couldn't really buy it (other than the odd bit here and there) and people just got on and made it from whatever they had handy.  It's easy to build up great terrain with minimal effort, and in the meantime there's nothing wrong with doing what you've done and improvising using boxes etc.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Adlan

Too this day, I still have green towels.

Many victories have my forces won over the hills of books and rivers of tinfoil.

enigma

Myself and a few of my friends make use of my (huge) collection of lego for the purpose of construction.
It has the advantage that if you make a hole in the wall then you can make a hole in the wall ! ;D

Lacerto

++++

Undercover in Data Hall XIV

++++

After a long pause, I finally managed to organize a follow up game with two friends. Sorry about picture quality!

Sten Kernov is using charges against Ami Senn as an opportunity to recruit her as an undercover agent. She must gain the trust of Rek Vig to uncover who his employer is. He takes her on his next assignment to recover some files from a data bank; she must prove her worth. The data bank has the layout of a church with towering glass columns along the centre, an office in the centre and doors around the outside. Rooms are (1-3) locked or (4-6) unlocked. Unlocked rooms are (1-2) security office, (3-4) clerk's office, or (5-6) fire exit. Offices contain an arbites officer or data clerk respectively; fire exits can be used to escape with the data. Locked rooms can be forced or picked. Locked rooms contain (1) booby trap, (2) alarm, (3) empty, (4) artefact, (5) weapons cache, (6) data objective. Lex Grabe is first arbites officer to respond to a raised alarm.

++++

FILE 271-449-412X-DIH-6288-K REQUESTED

+

CONNECTING...

++++

REF: 271-449-412X-DIH-6288-K
CROSSREF: 103-446-778X-AFT-3811-T
CROSSREF: 103-447-310X-LKR-4200-F
CROSSREF: 103-448-712X-SOP-2576-R
DATE: 4402845.M41
DATE OF CRIME: 4401841.M41
ACCUSED: Rek VIG
DESCRIPTION OF ACCUSED: White off-world male, 1.80 m, bald with extensive neural implantation. Heavy musculature, deep voice. Green jacket, jeans.
CLASS OF CRIME: MURDER OF AN IMPERIAL SERVANT (E-734), ROBBERY/MAJOR (T-913), ATTEMPTED MURDER OF AN OFFICER OF THE ADEPTUS ARBITES (A-002), IMPORT OF RESTRICTED FIREARMS (Y-902)

SPECIFIC LOCATION OF CRIME: 36°27.822-135°41.154 (Imperial Data Registry, Haven)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CRIME: Accused lead a gang of desperados into Data Hall XIV, breaking into the office of clerk Halspar TIRELLI, Pious Receivant (First Class)+DECEASED+ while apparently looking for items unknown. When P.R. Tirelli activated the alarm system, the accused murdered him with an illegally imported high calibre bolt weapon+EVIDENCE SUBMITTED TO ADEPTUS MECHANICUS - RECEIPT: 8750-0322+. When responding officer GRABE (81217686) attempted to subdue the accused, he opened fire with said weapon, severely wounding him. Officer GANTT (68331854) was second on the scene and managed to subdue the accused before any further devastation could be performed. 
Yes() No(x)
Witch() Mutant() Alien()
VERDICT: GUILTY
SENTENCE: INTERROGATION, DEATH PENDING CASE CLOSURE
NOTES: The advanced weaponry available to this gun for hire suggest considerable resource. Hold execution pending closure of investigation.

++++

FILE TRANSFER COMPLETE

++++

FILE 103-447-310X-LKR-4200-F REQUESTED

+

CONNECTING...

++++

REF: 103-447-310X-LKR-4200-F
CROSSREF: 271-449-412X-DIH-6288-K
CROSSREF: 103-448-712X-SOP-2576-R
DATE: 4402845.M41
DATE OF CRIME: 4401841.M41
ACCUSED: HARRICK
DESCRIPTION OF ACCUSED: White male, 1.91 m, blond cropped hair. Average build, three implanted blades in each forearm.
CLASS OF CRIME: ATTEMPTED ROBBERY/MAJOR (T-913), ASSOCIATION WITH A FELON (P-024)

SPECIFIC LOCATION OF CRIME: 36°27.822-135°41.154 (Imperial Data Registry, Haven)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CRIME: Accused entered Data Hall XIV with known felon VIG+CROSSREF: 271-449-412X-DIH-6288-K+, breaking into the office of clerk Moromir ALEPH Assistant Verificator (Third Class) while attempting to steal items unknown. The accused was subdued by A.V. Aleph before any of the intended crimes could be committed. 
Yes() No(x)
Witch() Mutant() Alien()
VERDICT: GUILTY
SENTENCE: INTERROGATION, PENAL SERVITUDE 6 MONTHS
NOTES: Harrick is a member of a secretive cult. Further investigation into the activities and associations of the cult is indicated.

++++

FILE TRANSFER COMPLETE

++++

FILE 103-448-712X-SOP-2576-R REQUESTED

+

CONNECTING...

++++

FILE NOT FOUND

++++

Rek Vig, Harrick and Ami Senn run into the Data Hall. Vig charges down a door – it's unlocked. A shocked clerk, Halspar Tirelli, Pious Receivant (First Class), looks at the muscled monster bearing down on him and dashes past him to the alarm point on the closest pillar, setting off the alarm. Harrick charges into a second room, also unlocked. A second clerk, Moromir Aleph, Assistant Verificator (Third Class), alerted by the alarm and horrified by this intrusion into his sanctum dashes past Harrick and shoots him in the back. Harrick sprawls to the ground in shock.

Enraged by the clerks swift actions Vig fires his boltgun semi auto at Tirelli. The punishing recoil sends five shots wide, but the sixth finds its mark, blasting Tirelli's leg into a fine mist, the man's wasted body exsanguinating in seconds.

Aroused by the alarm, Grabe charges in and fires at the heavy. The shot goes wide and Vig pivots and squeezes off a single shot, ruining Grabe's abdomen. Pouring blood, Grabe is out.

Meanwhile Senn manages to pick the lock of a sealed door, and behind it finds a weapons cache, consisting of two frag grenades. On the other side of the Hall, Aleph holds his nerve to fire a single execution style shot into the brutal looking cultist's head. Leaving Harrick for dead he carefully heads towards the action.

Another arbites officer, Rackham Gantt arrives in support of the fallen Grabe. From behind the cover of his riot shield Gantt fires a single energy beam at Vig, hitting him in the leg. Vig retreats from the officer but before he can fire a shot, Gantt chases him down and shoots him in the face, and taking him out.

Seeing the carnage further down the hall and realizing that she won't have time to explain her innocence to the enraged arbites officer before judgement is passed upon her she pulls the pin of one of her grenades; she's about to throw it when Gantt is upon her, beating her with his shock maul. She collapses to the ground, stunned, and the primed grenade bounces to the ground. The explosion knocks Gantt to the ground, wounding him in the arm and leg, but his shield takes the majority of the blast. With Gantt still mobile and the thieves stunned or in shock, the battle is over.

Shannow

Great report, very characterful and piccies are always great! Also I would love to see some more pictures of that arbites officer, he looks fantastic!

Also I think I may pick up some cheap plastic shotglasses to paint as they look a good size for terrain.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Lacerto

Thanks! I used to have a thread for these guys in the P&M section but when I moved jobs I didn't get round to rehosting them (sorry moderators!) and I can't find what I've done with the original files. Not sure which arbites officer you liked so here's both. I have this pic of Kernov (although we used him as Gantt in this scenario).

He now also has a little red holster to match Grabe's.

Shannow

Well I meant gantt, but now that you've put up a closer picture of grabe I have to say they both look fantastic, both model and paintjob, very crusader/templar colours on them, which I think works really well in the holy justice ethos. Sterling stuff and again, great report. I like that it wasn't an 'end of the world' matter but fairly mundane.

Look forward to more :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.