Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New figures just completed

Started by Inquisitor Liss, September 16, 2009, 03:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Liss

I sent you an email kierkegaard concerning your question let me know if you got it okay.

These are some pics of my newest members. I have included a pic of what it was and what it became if it is available.  The first is a Boba Fett model which I converted using Tau parts and Eldar parts into a 40k bounty hunter. His name is "The bounty hunter with no name" He is sort of like a Dredd Pirate Roberts (aka Princess Bride) Someone just takes up the mantle of being him when he passes it along and the person retiring leaves a little piece of gear behind as a reminder of their time in the armor, which is why it is a cobbled together mass of imperial and alien tech with various trinkets.

and a size comparison

Next up is two conversions based off a dungeons and dragons Flesh Golem prepainted miniature which in its own right is a really cool Inquisitor figure, a little tall but for $4-$6 on ebay it is close enough

Conversion #1

Conversion #2

and the group hug..

The next conversion is also a d-n-d prepaint that I turned into a demon gun servitor

This little guy I picked up at a garage sale I think it belongs to the Doom Board game by FFG. In any case, he is now a twin plasma gun toting nurgle gun servitor!

Lastly here is my finished Warp Witch. She is an alien species found in the outter most reaches of Imperial Space by Inquisitor Rasputin and she has become a loyal assassin and death cultist to his nefarious cause. She has a unique ability to sniff out warp related items like a "hound dog" and once she has the scent she is relentless.

Thanks and I am off to paint.  I also posted a WIP on another thread. Please weigh in

Adlan

Very Nice collection.

About my only criticism is the Boba conversion. The Helmet is too distinctive, and it really just looks like bobba with extra gizmo's. A Head Swap would of made it really unqiue.

That said, it like all the others, is very nice.

Kaled

I really like the flesh golems, and the warp witch is great too.  Like Adlan, I'm not convinced about the bounty hunter - Fett's helmet is just too well-known to properly fit into 40k.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

kierkegaard

I think that it is an excellent collection of mostly non GW models (apart from the Kal/Covenant conversion, which is an excellent GW model.)

I can see the point the others are making about Boba Fett's helmet, but it doesn't bother me (I never thought much of the character, and never understood his popularity among Star Wars fans.)

I like the use you have made of the Star Wars models. Do you happen to know if they are the same as these ones? If so, there are loads of models in that range with great potential for use in Inquisitor.

I also like the D&D golem conversions (great use of the welders mask there.)

Inquisitor Liss

Actually those figures in your link are the 28mm collector ones. This link should be for the ones I use for my games.  I am planning on using the wookies and sand people as aliens.  In addition, the jawa set makes for great tech servitor runts. I evened used one of the jawas as a Tzeentch priests in my 40K army.
http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/browse/947

I know the fett figure is iconoclastic but I thoought I had 40k'd it up enough to pass. Oh well I like it.  I also use the snow troopers in that line as my Imperial Storm Troopers.  I just re-painted them to match the Inquisitor color scheme.

Myriad

The Fett figure is certainly 40K enough, but is still fairly 'Fett'.  There's only so many helmet designs to go round though, and this one offers all round protection.

The warp witch is my favourite, with a really nice feral/ xenos feel to the model.  That said, the flesh golem conversions make great minion material.  I assume they're chaos henchmen subject to some degree of mutation?
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Dust King

First off great conversions, Some really nice demonic beasties  ;D.

I do have to agree with the others however about fett, his head looks a bit to distinctive for me. You could try and use green stuff to separate the horizontal and vertical sections of the helmet (where the bridge of his nose would be) for a bit more of a distinct feel. Also adding some tau optics could help and add to the character at the same time.

Anyway, great work  :D

MarcoSkoll

Personally, I'd've given Fett a different helmet as well. With something different, you could've easily disguised the model almost completely.

Still, I hope you're not being too literal with the concept of "The bounty hunter with no name"... aside from characters with no name (and/or past) being cliché, they're also pretty boring.
My bounty hunter, who although most know her by her alias of simply "Frost" and have no idea where she came from - she does have a real name and a full past, but few actually know of it.

That is to say, you should at least know the real history and name of the person who wears the armour - and probably the same of at least his predecessor.

Anyway, the character would probably simply get known as "No Name". People are lazy like that, and it would fast get cut back to something less wordy - the fact I sometimes simply get called "Dave" rather than "David" is testament to that fact.

And I guess you'll get fed up with the wordiness pretty fast as well.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Liss

Your right I was kidding a little but I kind of liked the idea that his real name had been lost due to the volume of people wearing the armor.  The legend lives with the armor but the person changes.  I may see what i have to add to the armor to give it a different look. I may have some Tau optics or maybe add some Dark Eldar looking spikes and feathers to the helmet to spice it up.

Gestalt

I can't see Boba Fett working unless he is changed drastically. His armour and helmet are just too iconic. The other models are very good.
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Kaled

What I would do for the character's background is come up with a few different names and histories for the character - some of the legends, rumours myths and lies that have built up around the character over the years.  There's no need to decide which of them is true - in fact it probably makes things more interesting if you don't...

Heroka Vendile

A very nice collection, great models and paintjob. I think Boba is fine as he is, I don't see it as much of an issue.
I especially like the two big muttie grunts.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on September 17, 2009, 07:15:12 PMThere's no need to decide which of them is true - in fact it probably makes things more interesting if you don't...
I wouldn't really agree on that one. IMHO, if you're roleplaying the character, you should at least know the simple parts of the character's history.

While it's acceptable to have multiple myths, rumours, tales or "word-of-mouth histories" for the character, some of which may be true, some a bit mistaken and some outright false, the player should probably know which one is true. Of course, other characters may act based on a false fact they "know" about the character.

To flash back to Frost again, she's credited with some deaths she was never actually involved in. In her case, she tends to avoid dispelling these rumours, because they boost her reputation - attracting wealthier employers, who tend to bring the more demanding work she craves.
That said, it was fun writing up all the different rumoured histories for the character. But I wouldn't dream of not personally knowing the truth.

~~~~~

I'm not saying the character needs to have a name anyone but themselves know - but a less clumsy alias wouldn't hurt, and who the character was before they became No-Name.
Like I say earlier, they probably know at least some of their predecessors details as well.

Of course, in your case, this iteration of the bounty hunter wouldn't necessarily know any of No-Name's past before they became the faceless fighter any more accurately than the crude legends (and of course what their predecessor may have told them), nor the details of any but the man he follows.
If the No-Name two before him got himself into ill favour with some criminals on some planet somewhere, the current guy would have no clue, and could get himself into all kinds of trouble. GMs like that kind of thing (or at least, I do...)

Actually, I run with something similar with Frost. (Yes, talking about my characters again. Just trying to give you ideas.) She's killed so many people she can't all of them, nor does she necessarily recognise vengeful relatives - along with a great many bounties on her own head, many of which she doesn't know about. This means that she can easily walk into situations where the people are actually out to get her, not hire her - or have someone who wants her dead mere feet away without her knowing. A lot of people have tried to take advantage of the fact - you can guess the results, given she's a lethal knife fighter.

So, No-Name's past might be a misty and unclear realm, but the man in the armour's past shouldn't be.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on September 18, 2009, 02:52:26 AM
I wouldn't really agree on that one. IMHO, if you're roleplaying the character, you should at least know the simple parts of the character's history.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one - as long as the character is played somewhat consistently, then it doesn't matter which story is true.  In most games, as long as you know who the character is, then it doesn't matter where they came from - especially once the bullets start flying.  I've got a few characters whose background is similarly shrouded in mystery, and I've never found it to be a problem when playing them.  Often it's the case that when you start using a character in games, he turns out to not quite be the person you envisioned at the start - so I'd say that writing too firm a background is restrictive, hence why I normally stick to a couple of hundred words of written backstory.

Hadriel Caine

I personally rather like the Boba Fett model...

The amazing model in these pics has to be the Inquisitor made using the Kal Jericho parts, Incredible paint job and lovely conversion. Don't think I've ever seen it before.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'