Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Long lost treasure -- Squat crusader...err, um, I mean a Demiurg explorer...

Started by Kaludram, August 27, 2012, 12:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaludram

Okay, so 9 years ago when this guy got put together, the Squats still existed, or did exist, whichever way you want to look at it.  If you don't like that perspective, just look at this guy as a Demiurg.

And one more for scale with my standard Mark II, mod 2 Sergeant Stone:

I feel like his arms ended up a little long, but couldn't get a proper pose with shorter arms.  Plus, the size of Josef's power fist on the left hand sort of dictated the size of the forearm--the dimension I am least satisfied with.  Overall, though, I like this little guy.  Now I just have to decide if he's going to stay a Squat member of the Inquisitor warband I had originally planned for him (GW go hang itself) or if he is going to join my Tau warband as a Demiurg engineer assisting a long-range Scout mission. 

What do you think he should be?
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Koval

Quote from: Kaludram on August 27, 2012, 12:53:48 PM
Okay, so 9 years ago when this guy got put together, the Squats still existed, or did exist, whichever way you want to look at it.
They exist once again. There's an explicit statement in the back of the 6th Ed. 40K rulebook that tells us that Squats are listed as abhumans.

Really, the only thing stopping him from being a Squat is the forearm length, but you've already addressed that one.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Kaludram on August 27, 2012, 12:53:48 PM
Plus, the size of Josef's power fist on the left hand sort of dictated the size of the forearm--

i think you could get away with making the right arm shorter than the left; as it's a big armoured gauntlet, simply say it's a bionic to explain the larger size :)

i'd look at doing something with the backpack too; at the moment it looks glued on; the pipes don't connect and it's easily identifiable as a 2nd ed marine pack :(

are the legs Ogryn? seen a few ogryn-to-squat conversions, but not with covenants torso before :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaludram

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on August 27, 2012, 01:03:48 PM

i think you could get away with making the right arm shorter than the left; as it's a big armoured gauntlet, simply say it's a bionic to explain the larger size :)

i'd look at doing something with the backpack too; at the moment it looks glued on; the pipes don't connect and it's easily identifiable as a 2nd ed marine pack :(

are the legs Ogryn? seen a few ogryn-to-squat conversions, but not with covenants torso before :D

Good feedback.  And yes, the legs are old Ogryn legs with a shaved down Covenant chest.  If you cut just above the bottom of the "I" on the armor and shave a little of the detail off, it comes out as a "T" and is perfect for "Thor" the Squat.  Additionally, using the carapace armor chest gives this guy a proper, dwarven barrel-chested look.

Good point on the right forearm and backpack.  To be honest, the backpack was an afterthought with no real idea of what to do for a proper finish on the back.  I am wide open to suggestions...
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.