Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Eramus Affair: Triple Helixs' Campaign

Started by greenstuff_gav, September 26, 2012, 07:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, i've been asked to run an Inquisitor Campaign at Triple Helix in both 28mm and 54mm scales.
as a consequence, this campaign is going to run a little differently. We've had no luck with our Leagues organising specific dates and times for people to play and with a plethora of people operating at different shifts along with a fair few "i may play a game or two" or "can i borrow some guys?" the campaign needs to be flexible.

The way the campaign is going to run is i've written 09 scenario packs; each one contains a single A4 sheet per player detailing their briefs and objectives and contains a sealed envelope for the winner of the scenario with plot advancement / rewards.
Once a month i'll run big "all-in" games to advance the plot and i'll add extra scenarios each month (and remove ones that've been played)
As games develop, players earn "Information Points" which will affect the big games and are a method of keeping who's ahead in the campaign :)

In addition, each player is assigned 2 "Plot Cards"; effectively alternate scenario conditions that are secret; each player has 2 different cards. These can be played instead or in addition to the scenario conditions and are one-use-only :)
Some of the Scenario Rewards are Plot Cards, some rewards are points and some are unique pieces of equipment :D

so, onto the plot.

Brethren, we have word from Hive Primus on the world of Obcultus V. It has been confirmed the Rogue Trader Eramus had been smuggling weapons into hidden cults across the Hive.

Inquisitor Fy Raving has slain the Rogue Trader and left Eramus' purpose unknown along with the locations of his shipments and information regarding the cults is sparse.

Riots have begun to erupt across the Hive and disrupting manufacturing of a variety of products utilised across the Sector.

We have infiltrated several teams into the Hive and they are uncovering the Rogue Traders' plot.

As with Conclave Meetups, each player will pick a single Player Character as their Primary Character and may include crews / warbands as justified by background.
Primary Characters automatically heal all wounds between games (but have penalties for being rendered unconscious / killed in game) and reload all ammunition.
Secondary / supporting characters have a system of healing injuries / restocking between games.

So, once the campaign hits it's second "series" i'll be posting the scenario packs for download. but as i get photos / updates of the campaign i'll be posting 'em here :)

I'll start with the demo scenario i ran at Helix' 2nd Birthday Event. Basically, "Escape off the end of hte board" with my characters and cheap grunts either side; players used a variety of methods, running, sneaking, fighting and even seducing the rioters :D
Scenario 00 - Entranced

I'll finish with a game between A.D. and Adrian from last night...
Scenario 09 - Brute Entry

cheers!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

AdrianP

Yargh! Was a jolly good fight.. even though you forgot who the captain was :P Was also a laugh playing 5 guardsmen moving and covering one another as a team.

Looking forward to the games as it should be good fun to see if the packs work out with out a dedicated GM.

greenstuff_gav

so, Adrian ran a scenario last night of his own devising; i'll leave specifics off as it's his scenario (and the second running of the scenario... it had some tweaks between games) and i don't remember what it was called but
I Took Some Pics  ;D

Adrian GM'ed, playing the NPC PDF / Cultists and his own Imperial Guard Strike Team
A.D. played the Marine Neophyte
I played Inquisitor Janice Haloe, PDF MP Captain H. Urkan, Exodite Sniper Khisanith

i enjoyed the scenario, the new member of Jena's crew fitting in perfectly for the scenario, commanding Adrian's guard and the local PDF alike :D

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

so, in the first game of The Eramus Affair, Information Gathering, A.Ds' character Ignis encountered my Inquisitor Halhoe, played by Alhaus.
Pictures!

without going into specifics, the scenario ran as i suspected; A.Ds' neophyte wasn't as much use due to the lack of direct combat and only 2 players limited interaction :(
still, both players had fun, even with the short scenario :)

Build Your Imagination