Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

One More Hit OOC

Started by Inquisitor Sargoth, September 18, 2009, 12:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Sargoth

It's been weeks since this board stirred....

I'm gonna try and continue One More Hit. Prod me, encourage me to keep working at it, please. Best way to stop me from losing interest.

I'm hoping this can be a fun exploration of the dark eldar pyche (Melekh is going to become less sterotypically evil as time goes on, because eldar are far too intelligent and complex to simply be 1D villains) and the complex play of power between these two personalities.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Simeon Blackstar

I always find peoples' different treatments of the Dark Eldar interesting, so I'll definitely be keen to see yours ;)

So far it's looking great!

Ventriss

Hey,

When will you be posting on this again? I think that it is very good so far and cant wait to read more.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche

Inquisitor Sargoth

I need to kick myself in the ass and write the next part, yes. But I have plenty of time over the next few weeks to do so.  :)

Muundus

Been gone for a long time. Still enjoy the writing. How has everything been going?

Swarbie

*prods Sargoth*

Write more. I like what you've done so far. I have the same problem. I really should be writing something, but I have lost the will. I will force myself to begin in a week, I think.

Write!
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Inquisitor Sargoth

*grumbles in his set*

I've been so busy, and the next scene was kind of stuck. I will attempt a revamp, probably after an edit and improve of the earlier segment (I still don't like the eldar's name, which I've changed three times). Just keep poking me. I also might poke some short 40K one-shots. Maybe there's an idea for a thread.

Swarbie

*Picks up saruthi neural prodder*

Good idea. If you keep working, I'll keep working.

*resumes prodding*
With it, my world
To dust returning

Inquisitor Sargoth

Consider yourself rewarded.

It's rather dialogue heavy. I love dialogue. We're starting to see the two of them build a relationship of sorts; both friends and enemies, addicts and pushers... It will be fun to see where they end up, I hope.

Also removed some annoying typos in the first post. I spelled Lemarche wrong a few times. Also, 'ende'...

Swarbie

Yay, an update. It's nice to see you establishing a bit more of a relationship between the two characters. They both still obviously despise each other, but they have a mutual need of each other, the eldar being reliant upon Lemarche for souls and Lemarche reliant upon the eldar as he wishes to get more information on their race.   

*stops prodding, being temporarily satiated*
With it, my world
To dust returning

Inquisitor Sargoth

Indeed, the whole point of this thread (as well as getting into the dark eldar psyche) was to explore the horrific and messed up relationship between these two, and the paralells between their warring addicitions...

Baraltax

I like the duality already mentioned, and the dialogue-style stripped bare of any redundancies works very well in keeping focus on the relational-psychology. The danger is, it seems, to let it divert in a scholarly lecture on Dark Eldar conduct and background, how interesting it may be.
I thought the first two post very strong, with the Inquisitor struggling with how far across the border he can take his search for knowledge and the Eldar wavering between contemptuous silence and disloyalty to the secrecy of his race to satisfy his will to live a little while longer (for sure he must know his chances of getting out alive are slim?). Although I'm not sure, it may be the Inquisitor is stoically dragged into whatever he needs to do to gain conversation. The end justifies the means, in a dogged, insane way? On a second thought, I lean to the latter interpretation, I think.
The latest post, I found a little less. The information came too easily and dominated the post at the expense of the personages?

Good writing, anyway. Keep it up.

Inquisitor Sargoth

I, myself, wasn't too happy with the latest post. I needed to set up things for the next big shake up.

Swarbie

*realises there was an update* Yay!!!! You're not dead!!!!!!

The most recent part seemed fairly strong to me. I'm interested in what's coming next. 
With it, my world
To dust returning

Merriweather