Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

28mm rumble.

Started by Inquisitor Cade, August 13, 2009, 12:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Cade

I got my brother and a friend playing a game last night. Regretably my models were at uni so we had to improvise from 40k armies. My brother wanted to give GMing a go so I played as Inquisitor Ross (based on a commisar) with Sergeant Leroy (a kasrkin with a hellgun) and Petresky (a catachan with a flamer and 2 swords), and also served as advisor to the GM. Ross wanted to retreive some data from a downed Sentinel. On the other side my friend played as Interrogator Macbeft (also based on a commisar) backed up by brother Maxim of the White Scars. Macbeft wanted to confirm that the data was on the sentinal and destroy it.

The approach
The game started with Ross ordering his goons to flank the objective before walking up to it himself. Maxim and Macbeft both approached it immediately. As Macbeft began to serch the Sentinal Maxim saw the three figures over the top of it, and Ross saw him back.

The diplomacy
Ross raised his plasma pistol and shouted out, demanding to know 'who goes there.'
Maxim replied curtly 'leave here, now.'
Ross revealed his authoroty as an Inquisitor and demanded to know his business, Macbeft urged Maxim to deal with the situation quickely.
Maxim strode around the sentinal, with Macbeft following, and lifted Ross by the throat. 'I said Leave now' he emphisized. Leroy rose up from behind a nearby wall and, flicking to full auto, covered the Space marine. Petresky, who had managed to get around behind the pair at the sentinal discarded his flamer, for fear of harming his master and ran up behind Macbeft drawing his swords.
Ross jamed his plasma pistol against the chestplate of the marine and quipt 'You just made my day, punk. (a mistake as it turned out, as he only rolled the two actions so didn't get to shoot that turn)

The shoot out
Maxim hurled Ross away (he only rolled one action and failed his S test with a 96) and Macbeft charged the prone Inquisitor firing a bolt round as he went, though it missed.
Leroy blatted (technical term) at Maxim, covering him with superficial wounds, but crutialy knocking him over and stunning him for a turn.
Petresky descretely decided to ignor the Space marine and chased and assaulted Macbeft from behind, injuring his sword arm.
Ross, recovering quickely from being thrown, rolled to his right, to clear his line of sight passed macbeft and, aiming his pistol between his legs pumped the trigger as much as he could. three plasma bolts seared into Maxim's legs, doing lots of damage and taking him out of action. On the forth shot the heat containment gave out (using Marco skolls new plasma gun rules (except with a semi (2) plasma pistol) rolling a 3 on the overheat chart after firing three shots is not good, and it went of like a plasma grenade) and Ross went out of action too.

The wrap up
Due to time constraints we extrapolated the rest. Leroy and Petresky forced Bacbeft to find the data and then they withdrew with it and their master.
Next time (whenever I can arrange a next time) will be based around Macbeft's master as he tries to catch up with Ross and get the data back.
*Insert token witticism*

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Adlan

Awesome report.

I was a little dubious about a spacemarine being involved, but it dosn't seem to have caused a problem. I love the 'you just made my day' and then the space marine throwing him across the room. Classic.

Kaled

Sounds like you had a good game - how about some pictures next time though?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Molotov

I agree - pictures would be great!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Inquisitor Ranovack

I want to see what maxim does to the poor soul who shot him :)
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

precinctomega

Quote'You just made my day, punk. (a mistake as it turned out, as he only rolled the two actions so didn't get to shoot that turn)

And this is why I love INQ.

R.