Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Mancunian Conclave 02. 18/09/09

Started by Adlan, September 18, 2009, 11:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

Schism within the Priesthood

Magos Valus, Basil his archivist, and an Unknown Alien Bodyguard, were being tracked by

Techpriestess Orla, her Skitarius bodyguard Saphentis, and the servitor designated 'Pariah'

With Orla's own dealings in Xeno's tech, she was coming under scrutiny by the more traditional members of the Priesthood. What better way to divert them than capture a Magos and his alien companion. They were bound to have xeno's technology, and Orla would be free to pursue the research most pleasing to her and the machine god.

Meanwhile, Valus was unaware of this plot, and so he and his party left their lighter, aiming to get to the nearby mag trains and go about their business, without attracting much attention.

His foes meanwhile, hid in the shadows, waiting for him.

The Scenario was simple. Varlus had to get off the board, Orla had to stop him.

The Board as the game began.

Varlus and his companions continued on, only alerted to the ambush, when fire from Pariah and Orla opened up on them. The Only Damage was their Archivist, Basil, diving for cover, and hiting the deck.

Varlus's bodyguard proved that he was worth the cost, and opened fire with his alien webber, coating Orla's chest and limbs in the sticky, constrictive substance. Saphentis advanced out of his cover and fired as he ran, peppering Varlas with shots, and lightly wounding him in the arm.

The Alien turned to this new threat, as Orla struggled to free herself. Saphentis dived for cover from the fire of the alien. Perhaps Fortunately, the webber was now out of ammunition.

The Pariah Servitor, injecting with combat stim's, drove it's self forwards in a frenzy, at the only model in it's line of vision, Basil. Ignoring others as they came into view, it smashed it's Gauss flayer into the diminutive archivists chest with drug fueled strength. Basil's attempts to dodge only made it worse, and he passed out.

The Alien Mercenary, to prevent a coup de grace, charged the pariah, in turn, with his carapace a weapon in it's own right, smashing the servitor to the floor likewise.

Orla meanwhile, manages to free her legs, but the exertions and constricting webber make her breathing extremely hard and she is half choked.

As the Combat between the alien and the servitor continues, Saphentis leaves cover, and begins to fire on Magos Varlus, wounding him further.

However, by now the firing has attracted the attention of the Space port guards. If Orla is to pull this off she needs to take down Varlus or the alien quickly, while Varlus must avoid being seen in the company of a xenos.

To this end, Varlus picks up his archivist, and makes as fast as he can for the nearest exit, away from the scene of the trouble.

Orla gives chase, activating her sword.

The Alien swings round in the fight, trying to place himself between Pariah and his employer, but Saphentis catches up with Varlas, and the magos turns at bey, to fight him off before the guards arrive.

Breacher drill clangs on breacher drill over basils unceremoniously dropped body.

The Alien manages to break from combat, and flee's, grabbing basil, and running just as the guards arrive.

With the alien gone, Orla is unable to accuse Varlas of misconduct, and she must hide her own xeno tech. Both sides slink off, leaving a puzzled port guard to clean up the spent brass and patch the bullet holes.

I think I'll post the other battle up tommorow.

This first match was between Mike (Carados) playing Varlas and Dave (Kaled), playing Orla. It was another off the cuff, play by the ear scenario GM'd by me, with some particularly good moments. Like me refering to both of them as filthy xeno loving heretics, Mike not having stats for the aliens gun, and me declaring it a webber (boy did I regret that next game). And Everyone picking up Basil like he was a sack of potatoes and running with him :D
A good game was had by all. And Dave's Arvus Lighter got lots of attention. As it should do.

Adlan

Contacting the Contact

Inquisitor Hanja Daurman, his Alet and Bodyguard Ungen, and Rifleman Verger are attempting to meet a contact, and extract him safely from the area.

Inquisitor Carados, with the Archivist Basil, and the Alien, are attempting to intercept the informtion, beliving it has bearing on their own investigations.

The Contact waits...

And looks to be waiting a while. Hanja advances slowly, so as not to frighten the contact. (Constant fails at action rolls were very common in these games. In this case, Hanja, my lightening fast staff fighter, doing so three turns in a row, and The Alien, Mike's fastest, doing the same).

The Alien sneaks along the building behind the contact, avoiding being noticed.

Carados walks quietly through the ally's, to cut off the Hanja's escape route.

Basil meanwhile, 'has a plan', advances boldly, and waving and gesticulating, attracts Ungen's attention.

Hanja advances towards the contact, and Verger takes up a firing position behind the bank of dirt and snow. Ungen, not the most subtle of men, advances towards Basil. The 'real' contact is in sight.

He charges and Stun's first, asks questions second.

As the alien contiued to sneak, and could draw a bead on the Contact, a Shuttle swooped over the area, preparing to land. Verger, spotted the movement of the alien, and focused on the area, trying to see if he could see a threat. A Moment later, he loosed a shot, knocking the alien prone with a square center of mass shot.

Hearing the Ruckus of Ungen beating Basil up with an Electroflail, Carados came to his Archivists aid, And a Duel, Shield to shield, Ensued.

Hanja finally reached the Contact, and with the adept babbling information, dragged him on the escape route, things were going south.

And they only went further south, as the Arvus Lighter Landed, scattering hanja and the contact. Hanja raced around to reach the contact again, only to have the alien squarely glue the adepts legs together with webber.

Unjen and Carados continue to square off, smashing each other with shield bashes.

Unjen manages a very successful counter attack and knocks Carados stunned, then continues to attack him while he's down.

Verger runs to join Hanja in retrieving the contact.

Two Servitors exit the Shuttle, and a Voice over the speakers announce they must leave this area, it's held by the Adaptus Mechanicus. Hanja announces his agreement, and with Verger, picks up the contact and moves him as fast as they can.

Ungen runs to protect his master, seeing that they are under fire. The Voice from the Shuttle speaks again. ordering the shuttles to capture the adept.

And Hanja shows why it's a very bad idea to interfere with an Inquisitors busisness within 4 yards of his Staff. Smashing first one servitor and then the other. (At last, Action Dice that go my way).

The Alien advances on Unjen, allowing Carados and Basil to make their escape. Verger primes a Grenade, and prepares to attatch it to the fallen walked, which is down but not out. (Gah, 1 action with a primed krak grendade in verger in hand....)

The Servitor stand, and attempts to smash the Grenade out of Vergers hand. Unable to parry with the grenade, he manages to dodge out of the way, places the grenade, and jumps away.

All around a great game. Lots of fun. Mike's use of Basil slowed him down alot, but was really characterful and well roleplayed. A great time was had by all.

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

phil1103

yeah, great report.

Great Arvus shuttle too. Kaled's I presume? First the Valk, now the Arvus, I'm insipred to make my own Inq scale aircraft, as they seem to be great focal points in battles.

Any tips/pointers on making them?

Phil

Hadriel Caine

Nicely put together. Sounds like you had fun. I really need to get over to Manchester at some point, have to be xmas hols now I guess. Am only 40 mins away and get very few games here...

Loving the Arvus lighter.

Adam

p.s. Dave are you going to be bringing the Valk etc to the GT? please please please
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Kaled

Thanks Adam for writing up these games.  :)

Quote from: phil1103 on September 19, 2009, 11:47:12 PM
I'm insipred to make my own Inq scale aircraft, as they seem to be great focal points in battles.

Any tips/pointers on making them?
I plan to write an article on that very subject for Dark Magenta.  In the meantime though, check out the link to some vehicle templates in the modelling resources thread.

Quote from: Adam Cunis on September 21, 2009, 01:24:08 AM
p.s. Dave are you going to be bringing the Valk etc to the GT? please please please
That's the plan...  As you can no doubt guess, whatever scenario I GM is likely to be aircraft themed.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Kaled on September 21, 2009, 07:09:03 AMThat's the plan...  As you can no doubt guess, whatever scenario I GM is likely to be aircraft themed.

WHOOOSH!!!
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Necris

Damm I wish I could have made that one looked like a good bash

Oh well next time...next time

I may even have the new warband together by then
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Inquisitor Ranovack

though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing