Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

suggestions on simplifying the rules for first time players?

Started by monkhmer, November 05, 2012, 09:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkhmer

i'm considering using a version of the rules to run a Mordheim/Necromunda mash-up.  i like the simplicity of the Warhammer smaller figure based games, but because the scope/scale/depth of Inquisitor i think it is superior (especially for individual characters).  anyway, i am looking on suggestions for simplifying the Inquisitor ruleset a bit.  my players are totally new to the Warhammer-verse so i think if handled properly, it could really be a blast for them despite their reluctance to try a new system.

MarcoSkoll

I think the complication of the Inquisitor rules is considerably overestimated - I've seen players at events perfectly successfully playing the game for the very first time. It doesn't even necessarily take that much support from the GM.

Once players understand the action system, what the basic actions are (and that they can basically try anything they can come up with anyway) and the D100 success system - all of which are pretty easy - the only areas of complexity are perhaps the damage system (Base Injury does flummox a few people) and getting players to understand awareness.

Beyond perhaps ignoring some modifiers, placed shots/critical hits, leaving out abilities and a few other things for a game or two, I don't think there's much you can really do to modify the Inquisitor rules without a massive overhaul.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles