Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Music while painting,gaming,writing ect

Started by Seargent Maxwell Forest, December 13, 2012, 08:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seargent Maxwell Forest

No particular point but I was just wondering what do my fello conclave members listen to while painting gaming and or modeling.
I personaly like to listen to one of my favorite bands Gorillaz. 8)
I like to imagine my charecter walking down a dark alley with the song going to it
"What happens to the Imperium should it realy achieve peace?"

DapperAnarchist

Recently, painting and modelling has mostly been done while listening to amusing world history videos on youtube. I do have a theoretical playlist for games (the games are as yet theoretical, the playlist is real). Mostly post-rock and the like. Radiohead, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, some deathrock, some soundtrack (Dark Knight and Torchwood mostly), a bit of Holst.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

While gaming, we have this old thread.

I will say, however, on my note of "theme music" for characters, my earlier selections have changed slightly - "Amaranth (Instrumental) " has tended towards becoming Silva's theme rather than Skoll's - it fits her personal blend of heroism and rapidly changing mood better than his personality.

While painting or modelling - I'll listen to pretty much anything in my collection. Might be Enya, Led Zeppelin, Vivaldi, Ultravox, Pink Floyd (lots of Pink Floyd), Tom Petty, Beatles, Rammstein, Queen, etc, etc.
There are certain pieces I turn towards depending on mood or creative block, but I've never quite understood the idea of having specific "painting soundtracks".

Often though, I'll put on TV or a film in the background instead. I've watched a lot of films I've been meaning to this way - not sure how I can keep focus on both at once, but it works.
General advice though, avoid comedy unless you want to get paint everywhere when you start laughing.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Gideon

Usually, when painting, I listen to BBC Radio 4 - or The World Service (depending on if I am painting after 1am GMT). Alternatively I listen to punk, ska, mod, metal, or medieval music. Or indeed anything! In the past I have listened to music as varied as the Horst Wessel Lied through the Soviet National Anthem, to S&M by way of Vincere e Vinceremo and Jarama Valley.

While writing I tend to listen to quite aggressive music, although it does vary depending on my mood. I currently have a thing for Gregorian Chants whilst writing 40K based stuff. It suits the mood of the Imperium well, I feel.

Also, ,my Escher gang, the Hellbitches, have a paintscheme inspired by Panic at the Disco's video to I Write Sins, Not Tragedies...!
In nomine Imperator Dei!

Ynek

Large-scale orchestral music gets my personal vote...
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."