Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Xenos Fauna

Started by Hadriel Caine, December 29, 2012, 12:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadriel Caine

Its a long time since I've posted in this subforum but here goes:

how does the imperium stand on indigenous or xenos fauna? It strikes me that any animal not originating on terra is potentially considered as xenos filth by some more hotheaded and puritanical Imperial citizens but on the other hand its interesting to think about the definition at which point a creature becomes a species intelligent enough to be a threat/ heretical.

I think the xenos hound is an appropriate companion for an Inquisitor but am I wrong? (I'm being sensationalist- I'm sure its not black and white)

-----

Essentially (if you follow my P&M exploits you may already be in the loop) I bought a couple of Kroot hounds very cheaply a year or two (three?) ago with the intention of using them for 54mm =][=. Initially I had one accompanying my hunter character and this seemed appropriate due to his engimatic and potentially separatist nature.

At this point I have mounted the Kroot hound on its on personal base (lucky doggy) and will be including it in Narce Romanov/ Joachim Ramus' warband (hopefully for the IGT).

I think I'll use it either way as I can always have IC arguments about the mut... could be fun in fact.

But what do we think the Inquisiton would exterminated and what would they accept. I'm thinking Camelopards, cold ones, Gryinx etc

Basically equivalents to the creatures from ancient Terra but definitely xenos in origin.

Well that could have been more succinct... the floor is open gentlemen.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Ynek

I think that generally, it's only INTELLIGENT and/or DANGEROUS alien life that the Imperium is particularly concerned about exterminating.... But that's just my two hundredths of an imperial credit.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

MarcoSkoll

Seeing as the archetypal livestock species in the GrimDark is Grox and I don't see that many Grox around today's farms, it's safe to infer that they are tolerant of useful Xenos species, at least as long as they can be subjugated in some fashion. (With Grox, lobotomisation).

Obviously, a hardline puritan would probably draw a different line on the matter to more moderate Inquisitors, but let's be honest - between dealing with an actual threat like Orks or going out and shooting a load of cat analogues, I think even the most puritanical Inquisitor has some sense of priorities. (Even if the latter would be a lot easier).

I'd say go for it. You might however find staunch puritans need less of an excuse to shoot the thing.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles