Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Magenta. Where is it?

Started by greenstuff_gav, January 05, 2013, 01:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, due to a few mix-ups Dark Magenta's domains expired and were bought by Domain-Parking-Daemons.
In addition to losing the websites, we've also lost the archives and backups :(

not all is bad though; Marcoskoll has been hosting a mirror of the files so they've been recovered and now www.darkmagenta.net is registered and all locked to prevent the same issue happening twice.. we hope!

I'm currently looking at a new layout for the website and the magazine (ironically both of which were planned!) but having lost my job & taken up minimum wage work doesn't leave alot of time :(
i've thrown together a place holder and an auto-coding magazine page so at least the archive is viewable.

I'd like to publicly thank Marco for his work; without it i'd have had a long trawl through archives to reupload the important content!

more announcements will occur once things are a bit more developed but in the meantime i can only apologise for the disruptions and hopefully the archive is of use to those reacquainting themselves with the magazine and planning their own articles!

Cheers,

Gav
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Just to check, you're not about to dent your data-limits by leaving the animated version of "Things that Dwell in Darkness" available, are you? (Seeing as I know that mother is as large as the rest of them put together.)

I can upload that on the Archive (it isn't at present, but it could be), if it's a problem.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

thankfully the new hosts include unlimited data transfer so things like the IGT packs shouldn't cause issues this time around :)

on an unrelated note, does anyone have scans / the ability to scan / take pics of the new 40k templates? am scouting around for inspiration and think i have an idea :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Saussure

Equally, I'd like to thank Gav for all of his assistance during the last few months - we hope that we'll be back up and running properly very shortly, at which point we will more completely advertise Dark Magenta's re-appearance to the community!

So, usual request - anyone got any articles they'd like to write? Drop me a PM to discuss if you'd like!  ;D

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

DapperAnarchist

I (and Alyster Wick) actually have two nearly done - which means my article/game ratio is getting HILARIOUS.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Plasticbob

Hi

Not sure if this is of any use to you, but I am happy to help re layouts.

I have done a quick mock up of the 'Dishonour is Everything" article if you are interesting in having a look.

Cheers.