Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Autumn Conclave 2013 - WHW 28th September

Started by Kaled, March 31, 2013, 08:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

I've given this thread a month to see whether there's enough interest in an organised event to make it worthwhile, and unfortunately it appears there isn't.

So we could just book a couple of tables at WHW and organise games on the day, or maybe organise something at another location, or something else - anyone got any ideas?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Charax

Got a date in mind? Tentative yes from me if it's in WHW, it'd be nice to have a massive turnout for the event after the SG axe. Gonna need to take time off work & arrange accommodation

Edit: Aww capacity, this is page 2? Stupid mobile browser. Might be worth leaving it another month? The recent events may stir up further interest
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Holiad

I would be interested too-probably a little more in an organised event, since an overall theme adds atmosphere, but I'd still turn up to an informal gathering. Autumn is still a few months off though, and it still doesn't feel like very long since the IGT, so it may be a little early to expect people to be giving it too much thought. For my own part, I think I meant to reply sooner, but got distracted and forgot to. Humble apologies :)
The basic premise, at least, seems sound enough, allowing a framework for several scenarios and storylines, and with the divergent goals of the characters avoiding the problems of a single big final scenario.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

MarcoSkoll

I know someone :P wasn't very happy about the last mailshot we did, but it would certainly be a way to get our irregular members to notice. A mailing list (although not a forum mailing list) certainly worked to get to get Molotov a good list for this year's INQvitational.

Thing is, as Charax says, it'd be great to have a big turnout. If they'll have us now they're axing the game, we should do something as spectacular as we can manage.

I can bring the Rhino, could easily get the Sentinel finished... and as I'd only be trying to finish up a previously started warband for the event, I may even find enough time and focus to work on the Warhound. (However, no promises).
Add in your (you referring to Kaled) Valkyrie and Arvus, maybe catch the attention of one of our other vehicle builders/convertors and we could have an impressive turn out of armour.

There's some great Inquisitor terrain out there, we've got hordes of NPCs to use...

We've got the toys - and given the withdrawal of the metal ranges, we've got the leverage to get people's blood up - so I'd rather see us going for the big one than admitting defeat just yet.

But it is reliant on people knowing it's going to happen.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

as i was discussing with Koval, i've got a day-event campaign pack written (a slight re-tweak with the possiblilty of all those lovely vehicles) and is pretty much self-running if the organiser would like to save some work (i'd offer to run myself, but actual organising isn't my strong suit.. combined with the randomness of my working patterns means i won't know tillthe friday if i can attend :( )

would it be worth our while to collate some of the Community's Best Miniatures into either a display board (i know a cheap printer) or grab a small cabinet to sit on a table as a display?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on May 05, 2013, 06:17:22 PMwould it be worth our while to collate some of the Community's Best Miniatures into either a display board (i know a cheap printer) or grab a small cabinet to sit on a table as a display?
Maybe, but I think it's secondary to the (metaphorical) bums on seats. If we're looking to prove to GW that Inquisitor isn't dying, we need to turn up with loads of people, get the attention of the staff and get the attention of the public.
Nice models and our big toys could certainly help, but we'd almost not want to be drawing attention to ourselves if there were only six of us. (Still, 'Clave shirts are something we should sort out).

In terms of raising our profile, doing things like putting event photos on Facebook and tagging them so WHW (and people checking out the WHW page) know what's going on wouldn't be a bad move.
(Funnily enough, I have found someone was asking about Inquisitor in the WHW feed a month or two back, so I've dropped them a line).

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on May 06, 2013, 12:05:05 AM
In terms of raising our profile, doing things like putting event photos on Facebook and tagging them so WHW (and people checking out the WHW page) know what's going on wouldn't be a bad move.
Much as I dislike Facebook, using it for our events isn't a bad idea.  Someone could create a Inquisitor: Conclave Events page, put on photos etc. for a couple of our previous events as well as links back here, to Carthax, Dark Magenta etc. and start talking about an Autumn Conclave and see if it generates any interest...

MarcoSkoll

Merely setting up a Facebook page wouldn't attract attention. The few people who've put "Inquisitor" on their interests list might get stuff in their feed about it, but it would need its own publicity to start being useful.

That could be through dropping "Hey, thanks for hosting us, here are our latest pictures" notes on the WHW page, but I'm also thinking a lot of 28mm Inquisitor has picking up its interest through the big forums and blogging websites.

With that in mind, I've been considering putting my modelling logs on DakkaDakka and possibly Warseer. I'd wager that an increased presence of Inquisitor modelling would bring more people out of the woodwork.
Particularly if I can find the time to work on the Warhound - that should be fairly attention grabbing.

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on May 06, 2013, 07:30:00 PM
Merely setting up a Facebook page wouldn't attract attention.
I was thinking that having a Facebook page for our events would mean we have a presence on there, something we could promote - it's not an end in itself, just something to focus publicity around.

QuoteI'd wager that an increased presence of Inquisitor modelling would bring more people out of the woodwork.
Is there much 54mm Inquisitor modelling going on? It seems to be mostly 28mm at his point...

greenstuff_gav

i gots 2 projects i'm workin' on... with GW stopping production i'll have to have atleast one more afore the next 'clave...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on May 06, 2013, 09:20:47 PMIs there much 54mm Inquisitor modelling going on?
I think, in some ways, that may be the issue. The 54mm stuff just isn't out there to inspire other people to have a go.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Reasonably sure I say something to this effect practically every time a Concalve is announced, but:

I might be able to force myself to actually finish constructing and painting a warband, and fluff them, and then learn to play.

I know from reading various previous reports that y'all are perfectly welcoming to halfwits and newbs, and I'd like to actually play a proper game given how long I've been lurking.

I'm way down on the south coast, so it'd be the sort of thing I'd want to sort out travel for .well. in advance though...

Koval

DO EET. You have plenty of notice, and even with GW cutting down the Inquisitor range, you've still got a lot of stuff to play with.

DapperAnarchist

I think we should actually declare this the "Newbs' and Halfwits' Conclave". If you've been here for more than a year and haven't ever played a game, get yourself to the Autumn Conclave.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Charax

Heh, I like that plan, grab all the lurkers out of the woodwork and haul them off to. WHW.
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page