Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Welcome to the Truth (or the Conclave Archive) OOC

Started by Macabre, June 16, 2013, 11:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dosdamt

Hello

Sorry for the touch of radio silence. Couple of painful busy days. I'll be getting up a post by the weekend. I've got inspiration, no difficulties on that front, just a touch of awful RL.

-Dos
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

TheNephew

Returned from holiday, going to get read up and start writing something a bit less stand-alone ASAP.
So probably days and days away...

Dosdamt

I'm sorry for another dump of exposition and history, all, but, this post was necessary because it will influence things very strongly going forward, for Maltheus and I and that thread of the story

I don't mind driving things a little for Secret's Hold and Terra, so I'll get to tide you forward posts next. Sorry this took so long

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Macabre

++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

TheNephew

Post up.

Looks like things are heating up pretty quickly in some other plotlines...
This will get interesting quickly, it seems.

Koval

Purely to avoid things getting messy, is there any point in each individual plot having its own thread?

MarcoSkoll

I've been wondering that too. This isn't so much one story as it is several - actually, it's so many plots I've lost count and can't reliably remember which are related to each other or which characters are involved in the same things...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

A lot of the overall framework is being/has been discussed off board (through FB and other mediums).

To be honest, unless you've read enough of The Archive, things will seem incredibly disconnected currently. All of the contemporary plothooks have been set up by me (likewise I've been a pig for referencing past 'clave tropes), but Ben has been focussing a lot on past events and developing his character and it can be difficult to seperate which from what (see: Archive).

Most of the others are currently investigating the Terra incident or focussing on revealing the location of/supressing/spreading etc the Archive.

Plothooks thus far:
The Archive
The Terra Incident
The Oncoming Political Fallout From The Inquisition Declaring Exterminatus On Mars
(I have one other before I'm done)

Dosdamt

So, just to summarize where I'm going

- Ghosts of the Past - is a setup for Maltheus and I, it summarizes and infers events at the end of ADS2 which are important to Maltheus' character
- Dubois - is a new character of mine, and I have to write a character to get into their head. I had a sketch in my head of her, but I needed to go over things. the loss of the arm, for example, shapes her character and her actions. Same with the Tiresias Configuration.

Interaction between the threads has been limited so far, but should start to come together. My next post is on Terra, and I'll drive something at Secret's Hold, so we can get into shorter posts (thank the Emperor) and begin to interact

Koval

The thing Krenn and Rall have between them will (I think) relate to Secret's Hold.

This Mars business sounds worrying. And not necessarily in a good way (though this may just be because I'd prefer to stick to fanon-worlds rather than doing anything with, well, Mars). I'll have to read things properly to see what the reason behind it is.

Macabre

Quote from: Koval on August 30, 2013, 07:08:11 PM
This Mars business sounds worrying. And not necessarily in a good way (though this may just be because I'd prefer to stick to fanon-worlds rather than doing anything with, well, Mars). I'll have to read things properly to see what the reason behind it is.

Mars is perfectly safe, it may be a bit eleventh hour, but it'll be fine (as the message states), my characters know full well that the Inquisition would never let it happen but it is a means to an end. Consider 1/ that Mars is an ally to the Imperium of Man and not part of it. 2/ what it would mean to them when the Mechanicus find out that the Inquisition has just declared the final sanction on their most holiest of worlds.

My characters first goal is to isolate the Inquisition - for Mars this would mean that those of the mech-priesthood who hold pacts of friendship with the Inquisition would probably turn their backs on them, and those who already mistrust the Inquisition would turn to outright hostility.

Similarly, consider the philosophy that my characters adhere to:  institutions are symbols which are given power and purpose by its people (see: sociology - symbolic interractionalism), which is perhaps one reason why they are successfully turning things upside-down - to kill a Catholic would mean little if you had the means to threaten the destruction of Vatican City.

Ultimately, these are a sideshow, a distraction, a misdirection in lieu of something far more audacious.

TheNephew

I'd assumed we were still in the prologue phase, since the first metaplot RP was always going to be a bit of a lumbering behemoth.

I figure the threads will be intertwining within a couple of weeks, or the next couple of posting cycles.

Koval

If my latest offering looks like it bears no relevance whatsoever to the plot so far, you're probably right. Similarly, it's not supposed to make much sense, or have a structure.

That said, given that the Brief History of Everything mentioned the Silver Heresy (probably the organic result of Dosdamt citing it as the main thing dominating a later period of the Green Clave, and me trying to remind myself what it actually entailed), I figured that I should do something with a character that, frankly, has lived for far too long.

Merriweather

Hello,

This is a new account, but I was active towards the end of the old forums after many of the old-timers have left. My main character was an Inquisitor Kyana Olenson, and the main 'bits' I did was 'The Holy Plague' run by Carolus Grey, 'Shades of Grey' by Sargoth, and a few other things here and there - all sadly lost to the internet, as far as I can tell.

So most of you don't know know me, but I know you. I remember reading various parts of AD and other 'golden age' RPs with awe, both at the quality of writing, but also at the intricacy of the world and intersecting characters it produced - possibly an advantage over collaborative writing over single-author works. I think trying something like this again is a fantastic idea, especially as it might prove to be the Conclave's swansong given general attrition without replacement.

I'd be keen to get involved, but:

1) I've become a fully trained and practicing medicae since I started my career as a liminal figure on the conclave four years ago. Even getting up to speed with all the communal backstory is a daunting time committment, let alone actually trying to create and contribute.

2) My writing and plotting might be rusty, and even at its best might be too low a quality. Also, adding new stuff into the mix might dilute the nostalgic gleaming.

So I might not be able to contribute, and doing so might not be a good idea anyway. If you're collectively unkeen, absolutely no worries - I'll avidly read from the sidelines. If it's more the merrier, I'll try and get stuck in.

Bw.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Merriweather on September 05, 2013, 01:05:00 AMAlso, adding new stuff into the mix might dilute the nostalgic gleaming.
I assure you, I'm new as far as all of this stuff is concerned. (Yet, I know I've been lumped in as one of the "hoary veterans" by some people's accounts. So mileages obviously vary*).
*Although, given my article archiving habit has put me in quite a central community position - and I don't shut my trap at any other time - the conception is understandable.

As such, it shouldn't be a problem. The setting has been advanced on for the simple sake that new stuff can be comfortably introduced.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles