Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Welcome to the Truth (or the Conclave Archive) OOC

Started by Macabre, June 16, 2013, 11:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charax

(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Dosdamt

Hahaha read the damned thread

.... Isn't that Arkhan's ship?
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Charax

I don't think so. It's not intended to be, anyway
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Dosdamt

Ok sweet. it's coming back to me now. I had some ideas about how Landen might isolate, attack, and then rip apart said giant vicious shippo. I'll have a think how much I fancy writing that any time soon (I have ideas backed up in my head I'm trying to get out!)

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Mentirius

Quote from: Charax on March 02, 2020, 10:44:04 PM
I can't for the life of me actually find Charax's final battle with Greeneye anywhere, to be honest)

Well, I'm not sure exactly where it dwells these days but it was one of the later threads of the first Amon Dull saga - very brief synopsis as follows:

Inquisitor Maltheus once had a headquarters called Honor's Hold, that was situated in a populated Imperial city.  Having become entangled with Amon Dull in the course of his duties, he received a goading message from one of its fragments (the "Greeneye" personality he'd met before) which originated from his own HQ.  When he rushed back there he found Greeneye had not only infested Honor's Hold, but taken over the city and possessed everyone in it.  At some point during Maltheus's subsequent attempt to fight through a horde of brainwashed children, penetrate the Hold and confront the daemon, Charax turned up looking for a fight and all hell broke loose.  The daemon princes mostly fought in the sky overhead. Charax tore off one of Greeneye's arms, Greeneye burned out some of Charax's guts, and at the climax of the battle they plummeted to earth with sufficient force to reduce the city to a smouldering crater (thankfully Maltheus had gotten out by then).  They then fought on to a near standstill at the crater's epicentre.  In the end a champion of Malal we'd been using as a cosmic hatchet man for Amon Dull fragments ("Goscarrigen", if I remember correctly) turned up and backstabbed Greeneye to finish it off, at which point Charax left to lick his wounds and Maltheus...well, continued to have an extremely bad day (in fact I think this might have been when the Erica Stark incident came to its inevitable conclusion).  As far as I remember, I think Charax had expended much of his Leon San V and Escellon-derived power on a private non-combat-related project before things reached this point, although I must admit I can't recall what that was.

Quote from: Charax on March 02, 2020, 10:44:04 PM
I was thinking he'd play more of the chessmaster this time... As such I think this will be more Dawn's game than his. He will have his part to play, and will appear if circumstances warrant, but he is far more of a threat as a subtle influencer than a rampaging monster.

Aye, I guess this makes sense...certainly no one we've seen on the page so far this time would have much chance of standing up to the Big C, and I do enjoy the menace he presents from the shadows.  Regarding Dawn, I'd better clarify something I've been holding back because I now realise it could be relevant: the gribbly something I foreshadowed lurking in the vicinity of Secret's Hold is intended to be the Slaaneshi daemon responsible for Dawn's "death".  Not Escellon/the big Keeper of Secrets obviously, but the daemon in the sword she appropriated from Mentirius's stash and ultimately failed to control (the rest of the stash is boxed up and buried under the jungle in the burned wreckage of his ship).  The idea is she left the sword behind - the Drukhari leader disarmed her before striking the mortal blow, according to the original text, and I don't remember anyone else picking it up.  Being bound in the sword could have protected this daemon from being consumed by Charax along with Escellon, but given the forest was subsequently ravaged by an unnatural fire started during the battle, I figure the metal eventually melted, the daemon was freed, and when the jungle regrew, it spread itself thinly and infested everything.  In the absence of any single sentient host, it has been using a gestalt of various animals and plants to achieve something approximating conscious thought, but what it really wants is a human skin suit, to get off the planet and let the good times roll.  Anyway, I hadn't even considered this angle but if it pulls that off then it might make a good foil for Dawn down the line.  It's an exalted daemon at best, definitely no match for Charax, but probably still a potential threat to one of his minions.  Alternatively, one of the Inquisitors currently bound for Secret's Hold might just spank it right out of existence, or else bind it themselves. 

Re: Landen involvement, in the unlikely event I find myself overflowing with time and writing juice down the line, Amber and her Khornate warband need a daemon patron and could probably be involved in this story somewhere if we're doing Forces of Chaos besides Charax.  If you do fancy following the Charax/Landen alliance subplot later, it is conceivable said warband would undertake this Ironclad mission for him, although I suspect he might still have to weigh in personally given the scale of the undertaking...  I don't plan on using her as a protagonist or anything, but I'm interested in the character from a "where are they now" point of view, since I last left her on a daemon world in the Eye of Terror.  I figure she's a chaos-armoured badass by 120.M42, fresh from fighting in the Blood Crusade or similar, and an "insane suicide mission for Khorne" cameo would fit quite nicely with my current mental picture of her.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Dosdamt on March 02, 2020, 09:42:25 AMKoval, Marco, we have a LONG email chain if you want adding, otherwise happy for us to bounce ideas in this thread.
While it'd be nice to rejoin at some point, it's going to take a while.

I've already got a lot of Inquisitor projects that need juggling (Revised Edition, several different things to have ready for Salute, new Dark Magenta articles, potentially getting another event on the schedule sometime soon, etc), so I'm not sure when I'll have the time to fully catch up.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dosdamt

No worries Marco.

I'm up over 10k words ready to post now, so i'll probably drop some this weekend!-

Macabre

Wotcha wotcha all!

Right, I've finished finally reading through all these email dialogues and the new OOC responses and have a few things to say (some of which I've already said to Ben).

Firstly is just a correction of lore; Necron tombworlds now stretch across the entire galaxy (thanks to new lore about their differing dynasties), so they could crop up and Secrets Hold could even have been something of Necron origin. Secondly, the T'au now have a 'stargate' bridging their empire to the galactic north-east, so again they're becoming more prevalent in the Imperium (slowly). In fact, I really wanted to create a T'au ethereal character as they were an army I was hugely invested in long ago and I loved the character arc of Aun'Shi (seriously, he's awesome)!

Now, down to brass tacks; after reading the OOC threads new posts thoroughly, I've realised that everything I've tried to achieve with my Rephexisian characters is somewhat pointless now because Guilliman is doing it all for them. I suppose they could be something of an extremist philosophic movement who have considered some of the primarch's concessions as 'too soft'. The Rephexisian Philosophy is another Recongregator ideal inspired by Danyael's cynicism at being betrayed twice by members of the Inquisition (the first time leaving him crippled, the second time costing him an arm). Essentially it's based on the sociological school of thought called Symbolic Interractionalism. Basically, it runs on the notion that we as people give institutions identity and power by how we interact with them. Transposed, this means that the Imperium is broken, fractured and failing because of how people interact with the varying institutions. It's the whole Gormenghast syndrome kinda thing....

Even so, I feel I'd need to rewrite the posts I'd done before to make it fit right. And I'm changing my Inquisitor's surname because after seven years 'Jezebel Magdalene' just sounds pretentious now.

I discussed with Ben about including another character of mine instead (although he seemed adamant about running both threads), Inquisitor Svetlana Odesskr. Now she was/is a character I drafted out in my head a long time ago in a very tortured epic not unlike Landen Dosdamt (even her name is a playful anagram too). She stands as my only Xanthite character, and I've found out how I can slot her into history and the present. After her own personal history I already have in my head (I.e how she became an Inquisitor), I can easily see her as a pre-Black Library Mentirian; one who refused to follow his new 'enlightened' path. That would explain her absence from the larger events of the Amon Dull Saga (especially if she left in disgust) and it would certainly make more sense for her to head up the Lighthouse* endeavour than Jezebel.

Now here is where I get a bit knotted, because I was bouncing the idea with Ben about bringing both Jezebel and Svetlana's character threads together, but that may make things convoluted (especially considering I'll need to be jumping between past and present with Svetlana to include her history)? The only way I can conceive of it work is, if I bring Sister Rebekah (who, despite her bleak cynicism is at heart a Rephexisian, and at one time worked alongside the man himself for a decade) and Svetlana together. But I'd need to bring back Morael [from the very first post; Librarian of the Angels Porphyr chapter (currently on a lone crusade to erase a personal stain of honour) and Inquisitor Danyael Rephexis's son. He was sired when Danyael was hunting his mentor Augustus Chaylon on their recruitment world. I'd mention here too, that despite the fact that Danyael's Inquisitorial career was sponsored by Brottenheim, he had never actually met the man, and his tutelage was largely handled by Augustus (also a pre-Black Library Mentirian/Balkoth agent in secret from Brottenheim - but one who eventually fell to the Ruinous Powers)] with a convenient prophecy about future events.

Well, it was Moreal and Rebekah that first released the Archive together. I can imagine that Morael has a vision of future events and sends Rebekah to Svetlana to ensure that the Lighthouse either does or does not come to fruition (I haven't decided yet). Plus their could be a redemption angle for Svetlana herself, especially if I later include Morael. I could even have it as a case of self-fulfilling prophecy. Because I had, at some point in Svetlana's story, had her on Necromunda engaged in a lesbian relationship with an Escher ganger called Sonya Kalashnikov. Perhaps she's languishing there in a state of ennui until Rebekah finds her and actually inspires her with the Lighthouse endeavour idea....

I don't know, on future reflection, I'm not convinced.

* Alan wanted to know: "I also wanted to ask about the prodigal son - "you tried to cage a god in a laboratory" - is this Fake Sanguinius, or something else entirely?  Because I'm intrigued!" - it's 'someone' else. If you *really* want to know, I will tell you, but it's something truly unexpected and special! A revelation, if you will....
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Mentirius

The following is an extract from the Giant Email Chain in which I replied to the above message from Macabre, posted for the sake of general clarity and because why not (I've limited this post to the relevant part of the email):

Becky, it is great to hear from you at such length and you raise many strong points; nevertheless, I'm afraid pretty much agree with Ben here - the more of this material you end up using the happier I'll be.  Sure there are some details here and there that might need a fiddle, what with the whole Indomitus Era retcon issue, but for my money Danyael Rephexis and his network are at the heart of this story and as crucial to it as Junious or Balkoth and their factions.  Also I think they're awesome, politically and as individuals.  I will now pontificate at great and agonising length about why I think this and how I think potential inconsistencies might be resolved.

Firstly, you're entirely right about my Necron/Tau lore gaffe - the fact is, I was going from a map of the galaxy when I wrote that part of my summary and have not read the recent lore for either of these alien civilisations.  It sounds to me like the Tau might still have trouble getting to Secret's Hold if they're largely spread along the galaxy's eastern edge, given we're in galactic northwest etc, but if you or anyone else really want to write a Tau character for this and have an idea for how/why they're involved, by all means go ahead.  There were Tau involved in the Nexus Schism after all, and Amon Dull did briefly visit him on one of their planets, so there is a precedent for having them around, albeit peripherally.  In theory that could provide a modern Tau agent with a route in.

Necrons are obviously appropriate in light of the dynasties factor, plus we now have a sizeable quantity of necrilith lying around...also, I'll say up front that along with other alien substances I intend to have my rogue tech-priests using both necrilith/blackstone and necrodermis/living metal in various ways, which they/Balkoth would presumably need to have plundered either from the Callidus Temple (unlikely) or from some actual Necrons at some point(s) in the past.  Part of their heavy veil of secrecy would probably be an effort to avoid serious Necron attention over the years, since they've been amassing these sensitive resources and are aware of the risks involved.  Of course, they wouldn't have the sheer volume of bodies etc to take on a dynasty in any kind of protracted conflict, so if one of the big Overlords found out about them the Factory would be effectively done for.

How plausible any of this is, well, I don't actually know!  I've just been looking up various xenos materials from the 40k universe with psychic, anti-psychic or otherwise interesting properties, factoring in a few centuries of Balkoth as a Deus Ex Machina, and adding them to the inventory list.  If any proper Necron lore disagrees with letting me do that, please tell me and naturally I'll think of something else.  This is essentially the main reason I intended to leave them out of the Secret's Hold/heretek factory storyline, other than in the form of stolen/scavenged tech – cool as they are, I don't personally know quite enough about Necrons to be comfortable writing a Necron character, and if they do get involved they have the potential to dominate or derail large sections of the plot quite easily, so they would have to be handled well.  Again though, if you or anyone are set on bringing them in and can do it better than I would, they'd certainly be interested IC and I'm not against the idea - just a bit ignorant myself!

Regarding Danyael Rephexis, his philosophy and his plans... I've been musing hard over this and I think most of it can still work, at least based on what I've seen of the characters so far and what I know of the Imperium.  Politically, the reason I think so is the same reason we can have a monodominant candidate for Lord Terran of the Inquisition, a hundred and twenty years into the Era Indomitus: Guilliman could not plausibly succeed at what he is trying to do.  Whether he likes it or not, the future is still grim and dark.

He is one man; yes, he's a Primarch, but he isn't the Emperor, and even the Emperor failed to build the Imperium he wanted.  He tried, but he centralised too much power, kept too many secrets to himself, made everything utterly dependent on his own continued input...then got half-killed in battle and ended up on life support, incommunicado, reduced to an impotent sybol in whose name any decision could be justified.  The Imperium quickly became the opposite of what he wanted, and in his name. He famously hated religion (well, famously OOC), explicitly forbade his followers to worship him and yet once he was silenced, within hardly any time time not worshipping him was a crime punishable by agonising death. He is still in that state more than ten thousand years later and unless rumours of a Thorian-style return pan out, likely to remain so.  Even his supposed talk with Guilliman happened off panel, presumably for canonical deniability.

OK, so Guilliman's alive now and in charge.  He apparently spent a few years - literally single figure years I think from filling in the blanks - on Terra cracking heads, including killing a lot of supposed dissenters.  This would certainly have been a huge paradigm shift at the time. But what has he been doing for last century since then?  Making War.  As in, the same thing the Imperium has been doing non-stop since the Heresy.  Not statecraft, not reformation, not really anything new at all unless you count his permissiveness towards Cawl's innovations.  He's reformed the Imperial war machine to a degree, but what else? The biggest physical changes he's made that I've read about are forming a small body of historians that nobody seems to fear, and introducing the Primaris Space Marines – absolute best case scenario, this might mean by now he has most of the Space Marine Chapters on his side. They're a powerful military force, but how much of a role do they play in governing Imperial society? Sweet [EXCOMMUNICATE] all. Guilliman's priority is clearly consolidating/expanding territory, not ensuring governance of the territory he holds is as wise and fair as possible.  He'd love a utopia, he just doesn't have the time or the resources to build one. And in that war he's been leading from the front, fighting duels against daemon Primarchs and frankly nearly getting himself killed on a pretty much daily basis.  If/when he gets unlucky, what happens to his vision?

I think the Imperium will slide back to business as usual almost immediately, and I think many in the Inquisition would realise that in advance.  Unless Guilliman can hold onto life and power for the millennia it will surely take to actually restructure these institutions down to the roots, all the old Imperial conservatives only have to bide their time.  I'd potentially compare Era Indomitus to, say, the Age of Apostasy - such political extremes surely usually only survive as long as the dictator who holds them together, and afterwards there is always a backlash.  Would someone like Rephexis, so experienced and cynical about the Imperial establishment, really be prepared to leave all mankind's eggs in one big shiny basket with a target on it, even a heavily armoured one?  Guilliman's enlightened empire is a great idea, for sure - it just doesn't exist, at least in the present day, and it never will unless someone not neck-deep in military campaigns rolls up their sleeves and starts putting the ideas into practice, changing hearts and minds.  It isn't just the official leadership of the state that has to change, but the actual machinery of governance and most of all, the culture underlying the state, since it is from that culture that citizens learn what power to give which symbols. If anyone would be able to see past the bombastic Indomitus veneer and perceive the fragility of all these so-called reforms, I think it's Danyael.

Look at the Ecclesiarchy, as Ben pointed out recently - they aren't going anywhere, even if they have lost a bit of sway in certain circles.  They own most of the physical property on many planets.  They have their own armies. They're deeply integrated with every other Imperial institution, and their scripture forms the moral and spiritual basis for most of Imperial law.  Guilliman clearly hates them, but what do the people believe?  Likely the same creed they did in 999.M41, with a few extra bits tacked on.  They'll rally behind the Puritans when the time comes because they've spent ten thousand years as a theocratic, repressive culture founded on fear and blind obedience, and the man who is trying to change that has been doing so from a great distance while fighting for his life.  The vast majority of the Imperial population would obviously never meet him in person, probably never even hear a real quote from his lips, but they all must go to church on a regular basis.  That is where the masses will be getting their version of Guilliman's proclamations, and I'd wager what they're being told on most planets has as much bearing on what he actually says as it does on the opinions of the Emperor.

Then you have the Mechanicus – sure they've loosened up a bit, in that they haven't actively tried to kill Cawl or Guilliman yet, so far as we know. Nor have they publically declared the Treaty of Mars void or anything similarly drastic in response to E.G. the Cawl Inferior. But even after a century of innovations, the success of the Primaris project and generally increasing the political and military power of the Adeptus Mechanicus as a whole, Cawl had to ask Guilliman to make him Fabricator-General, and Guilliman had to refuse because even he doesn't have the clout to tell Mars what to do. This tells me the political ground Cawl's faction are currently standing on within their own institution is about as steady as the ground Xanthus or Quixos must have occupied within the Inquisition. The real power base in the Mechanicus is surely as old-school as ever, and all the additional influence Guilliman is allowing to slip into AdMech hands surely can't bode well when he and Cawl are killed or ousted.

I could ramble on, but I'm sure you get the point. I could have this all wrong but think there is absolutely a need for Rephexis and his philosophy in this political climate; if anything, Guilliman's return has upped the stakes by raising the very possibility of real positive change. On a character level, I think Danyael might have been initially encouraged, filled with hope even after the purges on Terra etc...then a hundred years of the Indomitus Crusade, which he endures patiently while doing his level best to help the recongregation renaissance along, hoping to see the Lord Commander return to build on what he started when the Crusade ends. Which it officially does in 111.M42, and then...Guilliman goes home to Ultramar to defend it against Nurgle. Which he also does, and fair enough I suppose, but then...off he goes to yet another battle front. This is phrased in such a way, at least on the wiki I read, as to indicate that GW don't intend it to be a quick detour. I think this is what his reign as Regent looks like for the forseeable future.

So, maybe the forces of ultra-conservatism are already rising again and Danyael Rephexis sees a need to try and prevent a return to the old ways, or maybe they never left and Guilliman's reforms are more vague intentions than actual legislation in many areas. Perhaps an aging Danyael has simply had enough of glacial concessions to progress and lost faith in Guilliman's ability to deliver on his promises in time to make a difference. Maybe he sees himself and his followers as agents of those very promises, trying to fulfil them on the absent Primarch's behalf. Perhaps it just seems to him that the Inquisition should be best able to clean its own house, and to stand up to old dragons like the Ecclesiarchy and the Old Mechanicus, where Guilliman is best placed doing what he's doing. Maybe he simply has the foresight to see dark times coming, or maybe it was when they decided to canonize Vhogart that he decided to make a stand. Maybe a little bit of all these, or something else entirely.

Regardless of the emotional specifics, I feel like there has to be a moral position in here somewhere to fit a Rephexisian agenda. From where I'm standing, the Imperium is still very much a dystopia...a slightly more optimistic one than we remember, but surely optimism serves little purpose when you're doomed. The Imperium exists, speaking from beyond the fourth wall, to provide an ideal environment for endless war so that GW can sell model soldiers, not as an attempt at a fair or even functional society. It does the former very well, even in the Era Indomitus, and thus I would argue it surely continues to fail at the latter. Nothing changes, Alessio...

Moving on, Inquisitor Svetlana Odesskr sounds like a promising character, and her presence in the story would be a personal boon to me because I've been hoping someone else would want to write a Xanthite Mentirian angle...I feel they should be represented as a faction if we're looking to weave all the old threads into the new era, but it's been a long time since I did something like this and I may well have my hands full getting Amaurn and Balkoth's various associates onto the page (well, a combination of that and compulsively writing giant rambling emails). I appreciate you might be facing similar problems with the number of characters you could end up responsible for, but speaking purely as a potential reader, I'd very much enjoy seeing both Svetlana and the Rephexisians represented separately. Splitting off Act 2 into several threads might conceivably help there at least; I always found the more widely spread my characters were the more of them I was comfortable juggling. To my mind, Danyael Rephexis needs an active agent on Terra and it sounds like Svetlana likely has a different agenda, so I'd support keeping Jezebel in too, even if you do change her surname.

Morael and Rebekah I see as essentials – as you say, they were instrumental in the uploading of Conclave Archive and the Secret's Hold coordinates, which is the prime mover for everything else, and the early scene with them discussing the whole business definitely stayed with me after reading. I distinctly remember thinking "awesome, an interesting Astartes character – tell me more!" Rebekah has a great voice too... Really, on re-reading the whole of Welcome to the Truth last weekend, I couldn't help noting that it was your idea to start all this, and your characters I/we meet first and most often in the early stages of the tale. They set the tone for everything that follows, and I don't think it could be remotely the same story without them. I like that these people have such detailed histories, familial relationships and little quirks, having created a great many Mysterious Strangers in my time (see earlier discussion re: Balkoth's origin). It is strangely gratifying every time one of their backgrounds connects to one of mine – it makes the whole "Conclave canon" setting feel more real for me somehow. If you can find a sufficient volume of inspiration then I'm entirely ready to follow all their subplots to the end, and meet more of your extended cast as we go. With that said, they are your characters and these are largely your creative decisions to make. I'm a fiend for biting off more than I can chew, so take my advice with a pinch of salt I suppose.

Speaking of creative decisions, I think you're right to raise the issue of editing/rewriting existing posts and we probably should discuss that briefly. My usual inclination is to aim for a bare minimum of such changes, but I'm still not an expert on new lore – as demonstrated by the Tau/Necron thing – and I feel quite strongly that we should eventually end up with a finished story that can either stand alone, or alongside both the old Conclave material and/or the current GW stuff, without any irreconcilable differences. A story that a stranger with at least middling knowledge of 40K and no experience of the Conclave could read and enjoy. For me, the satisfaction of resolving unexpected continuity conflicts in interesting ways is part of the fun with this kind of fiction, and I do believe we're up to the challenge.

Therefore, I do support the retcon approach provided we only use it on M42 events and only when absolutely necessary, E.G. when dates, names or actions run directly contrary to established background or our vision of where we're going here. If we find mistakes we can't pretend we meant all along, we should probably fix them or it's just going to confuse people. We also might eventually remove any early posts foreshadowing characters/plotlines that never ended up panning out, though I'm loathe to give up on anyone's participation before we have to so I'd probably leave that for the very end. Anyway, you're best placed to know how much of your early material might need tweaking now, but I hope it isn't too much and I'd certainly vote against removing entire characters unless you really don't want to write them any more. I'd also like us to sort any recent retcons out as a priority if we are doing it, so we can get a handle on what exactly is canon before any plotlines progress too far.

As for the Lighthouse and the prodigal son...in that case, I'd rather you didn't tell me! Looking forward to unexpected revelations is also part of the fun, after all, and if you think we're better off being surprised by this then I'm inclined to agree. (Hopefully you have to keep Rebekah and the others in now, or you'll never get a chance to unleash this doozy! Mwahaha...)

Koval

I'll admit that writing that post took a lot of effort. I have not done this for a while. There was also more that I wanted to add in, but the details can happily wait until a few posts down the line.

But in any case we have another "in" for Secret's Hold, as whatever's there has obviously attracted the Oracle's attention. I may write a second part tonight.

Mentirius

Aye, this was fun to read - as I said in the chain, it feels right for some refugees from the Silver Heresies to figure into the tale, and the destruction of Hyrcania was a suitably epic flashback.  I always enjoy a chaos cult with a bit of humanity to it, and Heartbreaker One is a nice bit of foreshadowing for the plethora of doomsday devices we're likely to see in the course of these events!  The Oracle character also fits in well with this narrative territory; several key Conclave events have been prophecy-based before and characters trying to predict/control the future by various means seems likely to remain a theme.  I agree about spreading out the details when recapping old events - I fully expect the "Ghosts of the Past" series to run throughout the M42 story, and while I'm in no hurry to explain things like what exactly happened to Amon Dull, Balkoth and the Delan's Point survivors at the end of M41, I imagine we probably will do some more Aithol flashbacks eventually too. 

Speaking of which, I'm planning a lengthy post for Secret's Hold myself, introducing one more Inquisitor and some of his associates, though I still haven't decided whether to put that in a new thread or add it to this one.  I guess I'll see where things stand when I finish it, as I also haven't written anything like this for a long while and am pretty rusty, but the ideas are coming along.  In the meantime I'd be happy to learn more about the followers of Pennatus, and I know Ben has been working hard on an opening for the upcoming Terra thread, so we should see some of that up soon too. 

Dosdamt

And it's up! I don't mind whether we keep OOC thoughts for the whole thing in one thread, or we separate out.

As suggested, my thought is that we keep the threads separate for now because as we get down into the detail and our characters interact, we'll need to make sure we have the space for shorter posts if we're going to have rapid fire dialogue.

I've posted two threads

- A Love Letter to Terran Politics

There's another HUGE lot of writing to come after this, but as you might imagine, things will simmer to furiously boiling head. Conflict is inevitable, in the end it will come down to which side everyone wants to be on.

- The Ghost Worlds

We catch up with the incredibly sinister Jacqueline DuBois - Mother, Ampulex - as she navigates her recovery from losing a forearm. The Tiresias Configuration is being pieced back together and she needs help to finish it. What secrets will the array reveal? Who is Fanham? And more to come...

Dosdamt

Ok - Terra is as progressed as I'd intended to get it by this point.

I'm going to save any work I've done to update the Ghost worlds for another week. That way, we keep the threads broadly moving at a post every week to fortnight, from individual contributors, which seems reasonable to me.

-Ben

Mentirius

I've started the Secret's Hold IC thread - I also resurrected the old source material thread on this board for location-specific OOC discussion, not that I won't check here too.

Dosdamt

The game is afoot - or, rather, a game is afoot and DuBois is the only one playing (for now....)

DuBois didn't really have a face (still doesn't), a personality, or anything really until I really got into her and started writing her.

She's turned out to be pretty terrifying, with more horror and dark to be revealed in the next few weeks...