Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

rats you know rodents

Started by O_o, September 29, 2009, 05:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O_o

looking for some ideas here  for a stat line  for rats .  I  got an  idea  to  run a game  set in a  sewer,  whats  everyone  take  on what should be  used  ? should I  try to  come up with a stat line  or  just  use the  stats  from the  familiars  in the  INQ  Rule  book  ??

Discy

I think there are rules for Rats in the Witch Hunter PDF, under Skaven. However I can't get into my copy as it is corrupted or something. Damn computer :P
Beep if you love muties!

Radu Lykan

in our current/on hold campaign our mutant rats were infected with a plague, their stats were 35 all the way accross, they also had the corrupter ability, 2x d3 rats appeared at random locations each turn. not fun when you are trying to sneak the long way accross a board :(
these stats were for small/large dog sized mutant rats, if you are after more "normal" rats with swarm type rules then i would reduce the stats but increase the numbers severley.

Serge

the Environment PDF from fanatic had rules for rats. THey where more like a kind of terrain than something with a stat-line.
Nothing endorses anything that has something to do with me.

precinctomega

I guess it depends on how you see the rats.  Are they characters in their own right - albeit NPCs?  Are they "grunt" type characters - individual, but of low importance?  Or are they merely an environmental condition to be tolerated?

For the first, a statline such as described by Radu Lykan would seem appropriate.

For the second, check out the rules for grunt in the Architecture of Hate campaign.

For the third, refer to the article mentioned by Serge.

INQ2 will include a suggested statline for giant mutant cyber-rat (seeing as there's a model for one!).

R.

Tullio

If I'm honest, if you're just after vermin, do you really need a profile? Unless you intend them to attack the PC's with determination then just apply the standard -30 to hit modifier and give them a one-hit-kill

Tullio

GhouraAgur

Quote from: Tullio on September 29, 2009, 12:13:50 PM
If I'm honest, if you're just after vermin, do you really need a profile? Unless you intend them to attack the PC's with determination then just apply the standard -30 to hit modifier and give them a one-hit-kill

Tullio

How about a swarm of rats moving about randomly, the sheer mass of which cause it to count as difficult terrain with a failed Nv test, as the character tip-toes around the nipping vermin.  If passed, he clods on through the critters unphased by the crunching sound and tiny squeals eminating from his every footstep.