Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Founding: Night Lords

Started by greenstuff_gav, February 25, 2013, 03:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

copy pasta!

so, as i've posted before, i've been working on Some 54mm Marines.

Having more Artemis to hand, i've decided i'm going to try and get each of the First Founding chapters into Inquisitor with appropriate background and miniatures.
The key "point" of this long term project is to experiment with a variety of sculpting techniques, learn new methods of working and because i think it'd look cool  :D
you never know, i may make molds of the various chapter shoulderpads i sculpt.. just for personal use, of course ;)

I've had a Fallen Angel in my bits box a while; being unhappy with him.

With some work i think he can suit a Night Lords Marine very well; sneaking around, throwing cultists and familiars to cause confusion then striking while hidden, daemonic bolts and mutilated corpses sowing terror and mistrust :)

so here's the pad & helmet WIP... i plan on adding tusks to the mouthpeice and spiky bits to the pad :)

you can see the start of hte possessed bolter; i'll be turning the ammo clip into a flailing tentacle and having a tail wrapped around the wrist / burrowing into the armour; to drop / lose the gun will have dire consequences!

his left hand will have a chaotic looking blade, despite being forged steel; again aiding his terror tactics :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Dionzi

Looking real good, Gav! I'm impressed by the bolter, actually....
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Van Helser

Nice start.

I've always had a soft spot for the Night Lords, probably due to them being the studio army back in 2nd edition when I was getting into 40k.  The wings on the helm look particularly good.

Ruaridh

Darthvegeta800

Looks interesting to follow.
A shame I can no longer get my hands on the helmet and other bitz out there.
I currently have an Artemis lying around but I'd love to make a helmeted Marine. And of course a Chaos Space Marine as a 'boss'.
Without having to do too much converting.
I'm more a casual kitbasher and painter myself. I don't feel quite up to extensive greenstuff work.

greenstuff_gav

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

well, of my sculpted legion-specific ones atleast ;)

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

so, slight update, i've got the helmet & pad to a point i'm happy with; just need silicone to get 'em cast afore i can glue this guy together!

the blade is only detailed on one side; for the character i'm giving him a normal sword; i think it fits the Night Lords to have normal stuff yet instill fear and distrust flashing a "daemon-forged blade of spite and malice" about :)

Build Your Imagination

Koval

I'd have thought an Eighth Legion gladius was a bit straighter than that, and had fewer daemonic faces, but whatever...

Beyond that, it's all looking rather splendid.

greenstuff_gav

well, as part of the First Founding Project is to provide inquisitor-appropriate background for each marine i'm going for a stealthy character who, when he has to be revealed, wields a sword, said to contain the souls of a thousand innocent, it's mere visage enough to inflict fear in the weak-minded ... yet unbeknownst to most.. it's simply a normal sword (a similar item is a part of Making Money )...

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

threadomancy!

so, i've managed to cast up the Night Lords Set and got this guy finished; we had a break in the temperature and so i could paint :)

pretty straightforward; the sword isn't terribly daemonic due to.. it not being a daemonblade :D
now i look i see where his black cloak (for hiding in shadows!) needs a tidyup and hte fuel cells need an ink!

groooupshooot!

Build Your Imagination