Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Revised Inquisitor Psychic Powers Archive (v1.2)

Started by Koval, August 09, 2013, 04:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

+20, the +10 thing was a brain fart and I've no idea why I decided that it was a good idea when the existing LOS modifier is such a minor thing that people are nonetheless sort of used to having.

I've now changed it so that it can be resisted. It was either that, or making it ranged.

MarcoSkoll

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring specifically to the old rules (not that the numbers are different), where the -10 for Difficulty and +20 for LoS means Distraction is cast at +10 to the Psyker's Wp against any visible target.

And it's not that common to see Psychic Powers used on targets outside LoS, as you at least need to be aware of the target, even if you can't see them. Some players probably forget it's an option! (Similarly, I only rarely use the indirect fire rules*).

*Although I am tempted to treat all thrown grenades as indirect fire, as I think it's often too easy to get them bang on target. It's that, give them an accuracy penalty or change them to Range A**.
**As most characters can throw grenades a maximum of ~20-25 yards (and most throws are in the 10-20 yard range), Range E hardly comes into play.
Still, this isn't the right thread for that discussion.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Ah, right. Misinterpretation go. It should be a bit less broken now that it can be resisted.

Quickdraw McGraw

Congrats Koval! 

I really like what you've done with the V1.2.  I read through it Monday.  I feel the changes you made to the previous version ease my fears of using Psychics now.  Previously the fear of losing any character to one poor ( thanks to Overload  :P ) roll or nullified power was very UN-motivational and I never created any psychics other than my first Inquisitor many years ago.  :(   I'm happy to see that the effects aren't as dreadful, and you have chance to recover from a poor roll.  I'd be happy to adopt this Revision along with all the great many powers included!   :)

Similar to Commissar Molotov's Willpower Recovery, I would imagine players who have had their psykers take a feedback hit or two to their Willpower stat, would have a full recovery to their Willpower by the next game in a campaign setting? 

Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Koval

With regard to stat loss, I think that's either covered by the GM or, if it's an event, mentioned in the briefing pack. Every event I've attended thus far has, to my knowledge, had a "stats get reset" clause in the briefing pack, so I'm operating under the assumption that it's up to the GM and/or organiser.

Anyway, thank you for your kind words :)