Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Tantoupin; Inquisitor / Necromunda Campaign

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 31, 2013, 09:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, i mentioned this in a previous thread and Marco posted some interesting thoughts so rather than clutter up someone else's thread, i'd ramble on here...

My Local club has dabbled with Inquisitor and Necromunda, having a few campaigns amble on and had a Dark Heresy campaign which, to be completely honest, i'm glad i didn't play in*

still, they were on about a more indepth version of Necromunda; 2 or 3 characters per "team" and focusing on more RPG aspects of gaming; being able to leap through windows sideways, guns blazing or games of subterfuge and stealthing about.
Naturally i suggested Inquisitor, having Eramus Affair i can spread out if needs be, but the lack of character development rules and lacking the "expanding territories" feel Necromunda has going for it.

so i've set about bashing together a quick'n'dirty set of rules to bridge the gap.
It's worth noting this is going to be 28mm campaign for the usual "we have boxes of bits / terrain" argument so i'll not be focusing on scale; a decent ruleset should work regardless of scale as it's still the same game...

i'll be doing posts here as i write things / finish sections and will edit this post to contain the ruleset.
comments / ideas / suggestions are welcome, but i'm writing this for some more action-orientated gamers.. shoot first, shoot second, shoot some more then ask questions style of gameplay, focusing on KISS and easy-to-read modifications...

*no offense to Olis for trying to run one, but when players are using orbital landers in a giant game of conkers i think it's devolved from plot to pratting around...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

Background:

The players will each be controlling their own Gang or Crew close to the sump of Spire Primus on Tantoupin, the only inhabited world in the sector.
The entire world is a hive like any other in the Imperium; the people of import living in the clouds while sumpers scrabble in the dirt to survive.

While Sumpstock is not the lowest point, it certainly features it's share of scum and villains, a mix of hard-working settlers eking out a living in production to guns-for-hire earning their income from hunting mutants, scavvies and creatures from the depths.

Characters.
like Inquisitor, this campaigns characters have their individual statlines.

Ws Bs S T I Wp Sg Nv Ld Sc Cr

The final two statistics are only used by your Main Character / Crew Leader.

Sc stands for Social: a mixture of Reputation and Notoriety.
The higher the number, the more well known / respected you are. It is possible for this number to be negative; showing a lack of social graces and laundry list of crimes. Too low a number and some traders will not deal with you. Have a negative Sc and the Arbites will be gunning for you!

Cr stands for Credits; your stash of hard-earned loot as per Necromunda.

i've pretty much got the bascs of crew hriing done, so stay tuned; hopefully get another post together tomorrow!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination