Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Where Is Archasia

Started by Gnaeus Conlitor, August 01, 2009, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaeus Conlitor

So I've designed a new world for use in my Inquisitor Campaign but I can't think of where to put it in the Galaxy. It has to concivbly support a Chaos Cult and a Tau Embassy (my only two players' warbands so far.) Its a Dusk World a cloud of ancient polutants in the atmosphere blocks the majority of the sunlight leading to very resilent and unique flora and fauna. An ancient alien civilistation older than even the Eldar has left behind Archaeological dertius that is being investigated by the warbands. Is there any particular area it would suit? Thoughts?
Inquisitor got me in to roleplaying which in turn kick started my writing career. I am eternally grateful.

MarcoSkoll

This isn't really the section for this, because this section is for Out of Character discussion of online role-playing. It needs to be in either the "Rules" or "Dark Millennium" (when we get it back) section really.

But to actually answer the question, it would have to be near the Tau Expansion zones. Tau aren't across much of the galaxy, and because Chaos is everywhere, that's the most feasible place for it.

... if of course you bother to say where the world is. 99% of the time, I don't bother saying where in the galaxy my worlds are.
I'll say that they're "out of the way", in some made up "major sector", a "lynchpin world to the region" - and that's all people need to know most of the time.

While the world's proximity to its neighbours may matter (for purposes of accessible resources, etc.), its position in the galaxy is almost invariably moot, and is more likely to be a problem than a help.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Molotov

Marco makes a cogent point. When detailing a campaign background (something I'm doing myself) you need to be careful not to give so much information that you end up writing yourself into a corner that you can't get out of. Specificity isn't always required.

Your world would almost certainly have to be in the Eastern Fringes somewhere near to Tau space, as a result of the Tau not having a true warp drive. As few Imperial Governors would allow (or rather be seen to allow) an alien race a visible foothold on their world, it would likely have to be somewhere relatively out of the way of Imperial (and Inquisitorial) authority. This could be another reason that Chaos cults have been able to spring up.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Saussure

Quote from: Gnaeus Conlitor on August 01, 2009, 05:21:50 PM
So I've designed a new world for use in my Inquisitor Campaign but I can't think of where to put it in the Galaxy. It has to concivbly support a Chaos Cult and a Tau Embassy (my only two players' warbands so far.) Its a Dusk World a cloud of ancient polutants in the atmosphere blocks the majority of the sunlight leading to very resilent and unique flora and fauna. An ancient alien civilistation older than even the Eldar has left behind Archaeological dertius that is being investigated by the warbands. Is there any particular area it would suit? Thoughts?

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

precinctomega

The Eastern Fringe is a good bet.  Not only is it relatively near the Tau Enclaves, but it is also a lawless and dangerous wild zone of space.  That would be in the Ultima Segmentum.

R.