Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Founding: Word Bearers

Started by greenstuff_gav, March 12, 2014, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

I forgot to congratulate you on this Gav. Your First Founding project was highly popular with the WHW patrons the other week, healthily rivalling my own vehicular-based efforts to lure attention.

I've a feeling you've already mentioned it somewhere, but which legion will be next in line?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i've got the Imperial Fists marine stood undercoated, but all that yellow is rather daunting!
i've got a commission Raven Guard half built but he's not part of the project and the jump pack looks crap so that's stalling fast :(
after this commission is done i'm not sure who's next; may make my own ravenguard as the helmet & pad are done already or an Alpha Legionnaire as their pad is done...

i must start the scenic base for the lot; been thinking about that attention the rhino / marines got at IGT15 and think as a community we could do with a few eye-catching things; a display box for the leaflets and better display for grabbing peoples' attention
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on June 11, 2015, 06:58:11 AMi've got the Imperial Fists marine stood undercoated, but all that yellow is rather daunting!
*Shudder*

Fair point.

A low effort solution I rather like for a bright yellow is a fairly saturated orange or brown for a basecoat, layered or drybrushed up to white, washed generously as many times as needed in rich yellow and then highlighted again... this exploits the opacity/translucence of white/yellow paints quite well.

Quotethink as a community we could do with a few eye-catching things
You think the Warhound Titan will be too subtle? :P

Quotea display box for the leaflets and better display for grabbing peoples' attention
Yeah, I noted the comment about the box when it came up... which was possibly at the event? I forget. I've yet to buy one, but there's a good selection on eBay.

Which also reminds me, I need to shoot Euan some high res pictures for the front cover so we can release a proper version of the file. I haven't the wherewithal to produce a proper file for the version I bodged.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i've got some Army Painters' Fur Brown; its the same as the old Vermin Brown which i used to use as base for yellows :)

i mentioned the box at the event; maybe someone can do us some nifty art that can be attached to make it more PoS-y?

random tangent on topic: Mould making tomorrow!

http://buildyourimagination.co.uk/minis/gallery/inq/firstfounding/helmets_10.jpg
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

TallulahBelle

Have you thought about making some sort of card with each marines background on it to stand next to them?  Something to explain ye ethos of the project as not just a combat character in each legion?