Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

My impirial NPCs log

Started by seaglen, April 03, 2014, 09:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaglen

Servo scrivener now has a completed base:

Also, the imperial guard missionary/priest is now sculpted and ready to paint!

And the spoilt princeling has had the first layers of colours on.
I'm aiming for some pretty pastel blues and pinks on him - very much 14th century french aristocracy...

mcjomar

I agree with the colour choices, and as for the missionary I'd say that's a fantastic parts combo.
Will you be going for bolder colours on him, or will you be leaning in a more blanchitsu pale yellow sort of scheme?
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

seaglen

Yes the missionary will be a typical Blanchitsu dirty cream robes. I'll attempt to put some chequers around the sleeves, and most likely make the large collar and loincloth a dirty red.

I've done a little work on the fancy-pants Governor's son. I'm actually finding this a challenge, as I am unused to working with such pale and bright colours. I tend to work on a more muted palette, so this is an interesting change.

I'm thinking powder pink for the cape as well. Or perhaps white on one side and pink lining on the other?

mcjomar

Cream and/or purple? Purple because it was historically used by royalty, and cream because it would match the leggings.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

kierkegaard

Hello Seaglen,

Great stuff all around (on all of your threads.)

I was just wondering, whatever happened to those two models that you bought from me about 6 or 7 years ago?

You know, the Prospector made from a civilian worker model, and the gaurdsman based on the illustration on page 32 of the paperback rulebook?

seaglen

Hey there Kierkegaard!!

Long time no speak , and thanks for the feedback on the recent uploads :)

As for those two models, that’s so funny, I’ve literally unboxed both of them, still all blue tacked exactly how they were when you sent them to me, and now they have just been put higher up the “to do” list to get painted!!!
They are lovely conversions - something for me to aim for skill-wise that’s for sure!
I will try to get some pictures of them up tomorrow!

seaglen

Update on the priest now
(I'll be trying to finish the fancy prince guy too this weekend)

I've got the beige on the robes to a happy standard, but am a little unsure on the brown/red parts.
The colour of the cuffs and loincloth looks a little odd perhaps?

kierkegaard

Hello Seaglen,

Yes, it has been a long time since I have been on here - I pretty much gave up on building models back in the early part of this century when I had a terrible case of tendinitis in my left hand.

I also lost interest in Inquisitor after losing my games group to 'real life.'

My hand has since recovered, and I am back to work on building models, but only in 28mm plastic.

I still like to see what other people get up to with the old 54mm =I= models though, and your current threads are a nice reminder for me of the golden age of this site. I look forward to seeing what you do with the two models that you bought from me. I am happy that you think so highly of them, but I can't take credit - the sculpting work on the legs was done by the legendary Kaled - the rest of the conversion work was pretty simple.

seaglen

Glad the hand is better kierkegaard - very happy to be reigniting my love of these minis and game during this year :)

I'll be starting on the archaeologist/scavenger model soon, as soon as I've finished the priest and noble.

Update on the priest - am thinking hazard stripe chainsword for maximum nostalgic paint job

mcjomar

He's looking fantastic, and I agree with the idea of hazard stripes.

I think the red on the cuffs, neck, and sash are case of something you slowly come around to, as they do work, and are very blanche. The only thing in my head is figuring out where the sash is tied on to on the model - probably hidden by that large sword-belt thing around his chest I guess.
The only way he could be any more blanche-styled would be if he had a hood, but it would probably ruin the mini at this point.

seaglen

Many thanks!
Yeah I'll hopefully be getting to work on the hazard stripes tomorrow.
I'm thinking I may go for white hair too, just to give the model some pop,

Whilst the priest is still in the forefront of the to do list on this thread, I've also started on an imperial guard sanctioned psyker (to be part of an inquisitorial warband)

I remember the ones from dawn of war and loved the style of having their eyes covered with a helmet:

And the GW model with the eyes covered (the one on the centre below):

I'll be trying to recreate something along these lines in 54mm, and also keep those Cadian colours for him too:

Am thinking Valhallan legs, with the torso from von castellan, and cherubael's head as a starting point...?

mcjomar

I'd say either cherubael or eisenhorn for the head, yes.
I wasn't aware of the existence of 54mm valhallan legs from GW?
And yes, castellan's torso does seem like the right choice.
Not sure on arms though.
Arguably you could heavily carve up the Arbites Judge arms to get those gloves and arms (though the shoulder pads and weapons could cause you some fun).

seaglen

Yeah after having a look, cherubael for the head is the winner.

The vallhalan legs were available for a short time in a separate blister pack - I have one set, and a resin recast I did a while back.

Here's the current WIP of the psyker - I'm aiming for a similar pose to the 28mm ones too :)

I'll have to add the waist sash tomorrow with sculpting putty , which should help with the proportions of his waist.

mcjomar

Ahh, good shout, Kal's arms do work for this - I guess you'll miss out on the gloves, but perhaps that's a small price to pay for the overall style.

Mentirius

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of those Valhallan legs before...looking good so far anyway.